Hacking Strange problem with latest M3Real (side load SD)

sallen0710

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Have been using M3Real carts for a long time now, started with 2 x G6's and now have 5 x M3's in the family. Never had any problems.

A friend has recently bought an M3 from DealExtreme and it's one of the new side loading SD ones. I got it all up and running with the triple loader and put some ROMS on it. Off he went but called the next day saying it keeps freezing randomly in games. I took a look and sure enough it boots ok and can run any game but normally within 5 minutes the game just locks up!!!.

I reformatted the SD (4Gb HC Sandisc) but still it freezes. Just as something to try I swapped M3's between my DS Lite and his and all appears to work fine and has done for over a week now??!!

So my cart with his SD works fine in his DS Lite and his cart with my SD works fine in my DS Lite but not the other way around. It's not a major problem as he is quite happy with my cart, and I've got a latest cart out of it but just wondered if anyone else has ever had a similar problem?

Cheers

SA

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have had this before, the other DS (where the freezing keeps happening) has a poor connection on the slot 1. Try using the paper shim trick (between the M3 and the back of the DS) pushing the M3 card closer to the connectors.

The movement of the DS during gameplay and the stress with the buttons being pressed causes the problem, you can take the DS apart and push the metal cover on the slot 1 to make the M3 a tighter fit. It does not happen on REAL carts as they are thicker at the connection points

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: