Still don't think I'm grasping HTML well....

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this is part of a problem but I was testing the site out in IE and I noticed that there's a little yellow box that keeps popping up (kinda like the same when you place your mouse over a picture) that says, "press SPACE or ENTER to activate control". Not sure why this keeps happening.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
If I was you, I'd be more inclined to use a php randomiser script, like the one I use for my own signature here at GBAtemp. Here's the source, slightly modified so it's in the context of banners and not sigs
tongue.gif
All notated for your editing pleasure
smile.gif
Plus, you don't have to modify any number values or what not, just dump more links in the array and save
smile.gif

CODE

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
You can tidy up the Javascript at the top of the page by saving the script in a separate file of it's own and just calling that file it at the top of each html page that uses it.

For example: save this part as a file called randomimage.js
CODE Â Âfunction getbanner() {
     Âbanner = new MakeArray(100);
     Ânumbanner = 4; Â// Make this the number of banners you have.

Âbanner[0] = ""
     Â//Make more as needed

Âvar now = new Date()
     Âvar sec = now.getSeconds()

Âreturn banner[sec % numbanner];
 Â}

Âfunction MakeArray(n) {
     Âthis.length = n;
     Âfor (var i = 1; i

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Psyfira -- Hmm, you make a good point about the .js file. I totally forgot about that! Although, I've never really dabbled in JS period, so heh. And, your PHP thing might be right, but unless you're using a free website host (like Geocities or Google), most servers these days have php enables right off the bat anyway. PHP is always enabled for the end user (unless it's a REALLY basic browser), whereas Javascript might not be for security reasons or whatever. Also, I think your PC might need to be server enabled in order to run some php files properly if they're saved directly on your comp, although this is only a possibility.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: there a bunch of good games missing, one of them (which makes a lot of sense for this type of...