Homebrew StellaDS Questions

onefallinghope

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSLite, Supercard DSTWO, 32GB MicroSD card

StellaDS... not sure if I've got it installed wrong or what, I've got StellaDS stored in my NDS Games folder on root, and my 2600 ROMS stored in a folder called "StellaDS" (there are 1,014 ROMS in that folder)

When I launch StellaDS and click "Load Cartridge" I select the folder with my ROMS in it and it literally takes about three minutes for the folder to open, then I can select a ROM and play it (it seems kind of slow, but it works) and then when i try to use any of the "console" switches or click "Load Cartridge" again, it freezes and I have to power cycle my DS Lite.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately the 2600 emu runs some games slow. There is a DSi version that works better, but you need a Sudokuhax enabled DSi or a CycloDSi to use it. Too bad there isnt a DSTwo optimized version=( ...however there is an a7800 DStwo version that uses the CPUs extra power.

pulling up the list is kinda slow here too(@20 seconds) for 423 games. Maybe you could try putting them in a folders with around 200 in each.

also, while it takes a little work to set up, a pretty neat feature for DSTwo if you use iMenu or BAGPlug, you can direct boot all your games for 2600 (and 7800, nes, snes, neogeo, doom wads, and a few others) without having to launch the emulator(s) first.

edit: while its takes some effort in setting up correctly as well, another option (i just tried it out and games seem to run full speed) is to use the new DSTwo Dingux port and run the Stella emulator for it.

/me goes to play some Stampede.

onefallinghope

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I split my ROMS up into a few different folders and it works much better now. The emulation is still a little slow though.

siamese

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There is a DSi version that works better, but you need a Sudokuhax enabled DSi.

Cant make it work with sudokuhax, trying to load it thru hbmenu makes both screens flicker and returns to hbmenu screen. Renaming StellaDS.nds to boot.nds and running sudokuhax turns Dsi off. Any help would be appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: