Failure to find Flash Cart Error DS Lite R4

BokBokBaGawk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, got an R4 today and am having a small issue.

I got a Samsung 32gb mSD, formatted it to Fat32, loaded the files for the emulators and loaded a few ROMs into the GBA folder.

The cart comes up. Opens fine, but when I try to launch the Rom from the GBA folder it pops up that a Flash cart is not found.

What do I do to fix this?

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys, got an R4 today and am having a small issue.

I got a Samsung 32gb mSD, formatted it to Fat32, loaded the files for the emulators and loaded a few ROMs into the GBA folder.

The cart comes up. Opens fine, but when I try to launch the Rom from the GBA folder it pops up that a Flash cart is not found.

What do I do to fix this?
R4 original can only handle 2gb FAT16 SD sd-cards, about all clone cards can handle FAT32 SDHC SD-cards, and later models even got ExFAT and SDSX sd-cards working.

BokBokBaGawk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4 original can only handle 2gb FAT16 SD sd-cards, about all clone cards can handle FAT32 SDHC SD-cards, and later models even got ExFAT and SDSX sd-cards working.
This one is the R4 Gold Pro 2019 from Amazon.

Fwiw

The card that was included was a SanDisk 8gb mSD and it seems to work fine.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
This one is the R4 Gold Pro 2019 from Amazon.

Fwiw

The card that was included was a SanDisk 8gb mSD and it seems to work fine.
That should work fine, since fat16 and fat32 ain't that different, and if 8gb works it means it's SDHC compliant and so should work with 32GB SD-cards.
Amazon can be fake resales so that isn't telling me much, i've seen scam cards resold everywhere, most relaiable is what's on the pcb.
Most R4 card either have one screw hidden under the sticker or it's just clicked together.
but since the other card works fine...
Check if it really is FAT32 by using diskpart (for windows sometimes give false in~formation).
Clean the contacts of the cardreader with contact spray, an with cotton stick and pure alcohol clean the contacts of the SD-card.
I can't think of anything else to check, maybe upgrade the fw and/or kernel of said R4 gold.
see:
https://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.