Hacking StartPatch4.1

Daisuke9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before upgrading to Startpatch4.1 from startpatch4.0 do we need to uninstall the changes made by 4.0?

Are there any other changes, if any need to be made before installing and using startpatch4.1?

currently i have SM4.0u

Daisuke

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
Now the download is good, but I still get the "Getting file size...error: -4" message when I try to run StartPatch. Any ideas on what the problem might be?

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
boxstar99 said:
A few of the NTSC-U patches (like the no healthcheck) can't be installed. When I try to install them, it says they "weren't found in the DOL." It's the same message that you get when you try uninstall a patch that isn't there.
Yeah, that patch isn't working so far...looks like everything else I installed does though (region free channels from the menu, it looks like region free from SD works now in the US region...no update check works). I'd also like to request something...with the old StartPatch 4.0, the "No Health Check" patch just skipped the wait for the button, which was good, but I prefer StartPatch Mod's "Health Check to Back Menu" hack. If anyone knows how to do this in the 4.1 menu, I'd love for it to become an option.
smile.gif

Anyway, thanks for the update Aquilino.

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Muyfa666 said:
Now the download is good, but I still get the "Getting file size...error: -4" message when I try to run StartPatch. Any ideas on what the problem might be?
I was getting that error when trying to install preloader before. I forget exactly what fixed it. But I believe I fixed it using WiiPower's trucha restorer.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=165453

If patching IOS 35, 36, 15 with that doesn't work. Then are you using an SDHC card? Because that can cause problems too.

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I ran the TBR and did all it could do. Still the same error.

I use a regular SD-card from Sandisk.

Anything else? I'm starting to panic here...

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I'm not sure about cIOS249. I have a Wiikey chip btw, so no softmod. How to tell if I have cIOS249?

donowprod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aquilino,

Thanks for the Startpatch 4.1 update.
Is there any chance you will be adding the no background music hack to 4.1 usa version or any version?
Also the health check hack is not working for me either on 4.1 usa, will you be working on this as well?
I understand this is done on your free time and it will be done when it done, but im just curious as well as others.

Thanks again.

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
I get a whole bunch of errors when I try to start Anytitle Deleter. Now they flash past too fast for me to read them thou...

The program does start, and under System Titles (00000001) I have 000000f9 (IOS249). Is that like it should be?

aquilino

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Muyfa666 said:
I get a whole bunch of errors when I try to start Anytitle Deleter. Now they flash past too fast for me to read them thou...

The program does start, and under System Titles (00000001) I have 000000f9 (IOS249). Is that like it should be?

I upgraded the patches of the all version 's

carbonyle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
aquilino said:
Muyfa666 said:

Thanks but I got a corrupted archive (PAL version)
CODE
ÂÂ C:\Documents and Settings\----\-----\SP4.1(3).zip: Unexpected end of archive

donowprod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
donowprod said:
Aquilino,

Thanks for the Startpatch 4.1 update.
Is there any chance you will be adding the no background music hack to 4.1 usa version or any version?
Also the health check hack is not working for me either on 4.1 usa, will you be working on this as well?
I understand this is done on your free time and it will be done when it done, but im just curious as well as others.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the update,
Patches applied and working on 4.1 usa

Civori

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must say, this is very helpful. Still debating whether I want to update my 3.2 Wii to 4.1 using Waninkoko's installer. I'm sure I'll eventually do it, all my IOS's are up to date so right now I see no need to update. But thank for the new star patch :3

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
The updated PAL-version is corrupt, as carbonyle says.

Got the patch running now. :-D

Downgraded to 3.2E and removed all cIOS, then re-upgraded using Waninkokos 4.1 upgrader.

Installed cIOS36 rev10, then cIOS38 rev13b. Rebooted, then all of a sudden StartPatch work fine.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the "No healthcheck" pathc for NTSC actually remove and skip it so the wii boots faster like preloader does? Or does it just make it a blank screen and still take the time to load it? If so ill def use this and get rid of preloader all together

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Skater4599 said:
Does the "No healthcheck" pathc for NTSC actually remove and skip it so the wii boots faster like preloader does? Or does it just make it a blank screen and still take the time to load it? If so ill def use this and get rid of preloader all together
It removes the healthcheck like Preloader.

aquilino

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
carbonyle said:
aquilino said:
Muyfa666 said:

Thanks but I got a corrupted archive (PAL version)
Code:
ÂÂ C:\Documents and Settings\----\-----\SP4.1(3).zip: Unexpected end of archive

QUOTE(Muyfa666 @ Jul 21 2009, 06:59 PM)
The updated PAL-version is corrupt, as carbonyle says.

Got the patch running now. :-D

Downgraded to 3.2E and removed all cIOS, then re-upgraded using Waninkokos 4.1 upgrader.

Installed cIOS36 rev10, then cIOS38 rev13b. Rebooted, then all of a sudden StartPatch work fine.

reupload file SP4.1.7z

all version's No health check is Health Check to Back Menu

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
Skater4599 said:
It removes the healthcheck like Preloader.

Awesome, thank you!

aquillino thanks alot for continuing your work on this much appreciated
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Don't walk towards the light!