Starting Metroid Prime 1 Wii with USB

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by davidsl_128, Aug 27, 2009.

Aug 27, 2009
  1. davidsl_128
    OP

Member davidsl_128 GBAtemp Brightsider

Colombia
    Back when USB loading was the new thing, I was playing MP1 through DVD in normal dfficulty. Then I thought, why not play through USB? It'd be faster and easier! So I got a USB-ready version (would have replaced the .dol myself using my DVD, but back then I wasn't that much in the scene), I played, it was all fine. But then I went to fight the final boss, and surprise! it was friggin hard, more than it should. So I started the game through DVD to check the settings, and the difficulty had magically changed to Veteran! I tried to beat the game anyway, but after many days of trying I just gave up and used an infinite health cheat to beat it. No fun.

So has anyone had this problem? Does this happen with Metroid Prime Trilogy? Or is there any cheat code to chage the difficlt on the game?

2. Serris

Newcomer Serris Member

United States
    Are you seriously having problems beating the game on Veteran? That's the default difficulty level from the GameCube iterations. Son, I am disappoint.

Anyway, as far as I know, there aren't any cheat codes that can force difficulty switching. You're out of luck.

3. illinialex24

Member illinialex24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Serris be nice. Thats pretty weird.

4. davidsl_128
    OP

Member davidsl_128 GBAtemp Brightsider

Colombia
    In case anyone has this problem (just cause someone likes games doesn't mean they are good at them XD like me) click here [​IMG] but don't get your hopes up it's just an idea I had.

5. Helsionium

Member Helsionium Alpha and Omega

Austria
    I encountered the same problem in both Prime 1 and 2 (Japanese), but didn't know until beating Prime 2, where I saw it mentioned in the mission summary. I got no idea what to do about it, though.