Hacking An idea for Metroid Prime Trilogy without USB or DualLayer disc

Will you play the new Metroid Prime Trilogy game?

• Yes, and I will use the original DVD to play!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but my Wii can't read dual layer DVDs so I'll transfer it to a USB drive

• Yes, but my Wii can't read dual layer DVDs so I'll copy it to two separate discs like this thread sh

• No, I already played these games on the GameCube

• No, I don't like Metroid

• Total voters

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Ok so for those that screwed up their Wii disc reader so that it wont read dl dvds like SSBB and MPTrilogy (me XD) and for those that won't play Wii Metroid games through USB because this sets the difficulty to Veteran, which is too hard for you (me too lol) I thik I have a solution... sort of. For now it's just an idea.

What I'm thinking is to rip the MPT iso to my PC and, using Wiiscrubber, erasing everything except the menu data and data from the first MP game (that means erasing MP2 and MP3), and then burning it. Then I'd do the same but instead of not erasing MP1, I wouldn't erase MP2 and burn, and then everything but MP3 and burn. That way, you can have the Trilogy in 3 single layer discs, and you'd choose one disc depending in wich game you play; and since all of them have the menu data, the difficulty level wouln't randomly change.

Now if anyone knows a reason why this would't work, I'd be nice if you could say so so I don't have to try and do everything for nothing. I'll try doing this myself later, but if anyone wants to do it first, it'd be nice if you could post if it worked
biggrin.gif
I'll post results (and a guide if it works) when I do it myself.

EDIT: I'm still downloading an iso off the internet cause neither my Wii or my PC can read the MPT disc, so I haven't been able to test this myself (skunk123punk could do it though, he explains it somewhere from page 3 on) I won't post pictures and stuff of how to do this in a while.

nightbreed813

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i thought of that too but really you would only have to make 2 dvds (if it works) one with 1&2 (they are smaller than one dvd) the other with 3 i just don't have the dvds to test this.

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Why not just do a multiboot or something (if its possible) with the Japanese translations of 1+2. 1 has a very good translation, and MP3 is already released on its own, we should be able to do this, we'd have enough space.

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
illinialex24 said:
Why not just do a multiboot or something (if its possible) with the Japanese translations of 1+2. 1 has a very good translation, and MP3 is already released on its own, we should be able to do this, we'd have enough space.
I thought about that too, but the jap translations have buggy text (it gets out of the screen when you scan an enemy, for example), besides having three DVDs that say "Metroid Prime Trilogy: Vol I/II/III" sounds like a collector's dream XD Also the games are probaly found in different partitions or the disc, so it shouldn't be that hard to delete them.

PD: my PC doesn't read Wii games and my Wii can't dump MPT cause it doesn't read dual layers, so I'm downloading the game instead of dumping it and won't do the tests till tomorrow or saturday or whenever it downloads so if I don't say anything for a while don't say "this thread hasn't been updated close it!!" or stuff like that

illinialex24I do a lot of hack tutorial videos and I'm a Jigglypuff user in Brawl.
My respects. I can't even beat classic with the guy
frown.gif

KeWLMoNk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I definitely hope someone figures out how to get this on a single layer. I'm pretty sure everyone just wants to play the first 2 anyway and could care less about 3 .. I mean, that's already out and anyone who loves Metroid and has a Wii has more than likely played the crap out of it. Well, it's only been a day so time to take a deeeeep breath and start prayin to the gaming Gods lol.

I really can't believe how badly Nintendo screwed the pooch with this who Dual layer issue. Anyone know how hard it is to replace the laser, i've seen the kits out there. It's either that, or buy a new Wii I guess (unless someone has a better option). Let's just hope they don't start releasing too many Dual Layer games. Eh, that would suk.

Serris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
illinialex24 said:
Yeah the MP2 translation was bad but the MP1 worked well, if we could do a multiboot with a fixed MP2 one we should be good.

I don't think it's possible to fix the Echoes translation. As far as I know, the Japanese version doesn't have English language line breaks and fonts in it like Prime. Unless someone goes in and manually edits the data for literally every scan, notification, and inventory item, it's as good as it's going to get.

ViciousXUSMC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I was playing MPT and didnt even know its forced on hard mode, seems normal to me.

I did get prompted to select the difficulty when I started the menu and made a save. Maybe its on hard and I didnt notice?

micric100

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i didn't know usb sets the difficulty to veterain, there has to be a way to change that, i haven't been playing it yet, but its one of the only games i was actually gonna buy and then probably transfer to usb for the speed.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
micric100 said:
i didn't know usb sets the difficulty to veterain, there has to be a way to change that, i haven't been playing it yet, but its one of the only games i was actually gonna buy and then probably transfer to usb for the speed.
yea same with the 1000's off us too. were also going to "buy" it and transfer it onto our hdd's

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: (i was allowed to do that)