Star Wars Battlefront releases November 17th for PC, PS4 & Xbox One

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
A
No, it isn't... and on a side note (not aimed at you Snugglevixen) this whole fukkin 'EA are the devil'/'I don't trust EA'/'I hate EA'/'Origin Sux!!' bollocks is getting rather tiresome to read to be honest.... guess it's still 'cool' to slag em off ehh.
Origin does its job, nothing more, nothing less - you won't get sexually aroused the first time you fire it up, neither will you go on an axe murdering rampage in disgust ;)
Just like EA themselves: they're not gonna knock on your door and give you $5k just coz they're like that, not are they gonna break into your house and kill yer kids - let's wait and see how good this game turns out be (y'know, after actually playing it) before grabbing the pitchforks hm? frankly, if I want to read some of the posts further up here I could just sign up at soddin Gamefaqs....

Agreed, ea seems to take blows that should be aimed at ubisoft. now that's some awful shit.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You must've missed most EA games for the past...5? years.
They drive most good series into the ground and try to squeeze every nickel and dime out of people playing their games. They're also a PR nightmare, though recently they seem to be keeping their mouths shut.
You can't really dance around the fact EA has actually been voted one of the worst companies, several times. They're a shit company, plain and simple. People who aren't worried about them fucking a game up have some issues or just plain aren't informed.

oh and while i'm remembering, EA basically abandoned Battlefield 3 when a massive chunk of people became unable to play after a patch or two. Tons of support threads and tickets flooded in and they basically just did nothing. I dunno if they ever fixed it for people. Fixing the problem was quite the damn process and usually didn't work anyway. I remember trying to fix it and just being baffled seeing their entire support forum flooded with people having the same issues. I just uninstalled right then and there and saved myself the trouble.
I'm not saying they're any good, just they're not a great deal worse than the others...... Like has been said further up, just look at Ubisoft. Or Activision. Or even Valve! And yes I know they were voted the worst company in the US for 2 years running... it's just getting tedious reading all the hate. If the post Ashtonx made on page2 is true, then yes the game sounds very barebones and there's cause for concern, but Titanfall is almost exactly the same, and that's a fine shooter (played it on both PC and XBO). Ditto PvZ Garden Warfare: no single player mode whatsoever, still a good game. This is the way shooters like this have become anyway - anyone wanna take a guess what percentage of CoD owners have gone through the 'campaigns' on those games? No idea myself either :lol:, but I bet it's not very high...
FIFA? Yeah I'm a fan, but yes it's the same old game with a few bits and bobs added every year (I only buy a new FIFA every 2 years actually). Konami's PES series is no different either, and surely I don't need to mention Call of Duty as an example again....
Battlefield 3 I also know about, but didn't have any problems with soo... don't care :lol: - BF4 on the other hand was far more worthy of a mention in my opinion laddie - basically, 18 months after release, and the game's just about finished and playable - THAT'S a joke! ...See, not totally defending EA myself either, and if this game does indeed turn out to be some EA crafted balls up then I'll stand next to you and slag the shit out of them for what they've done to the franchise, but for Gawd's sake let's only start doing that once we've actually played it...

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm out. I don't mind MP but no SP at all means no buy from me!

There's is SP but there's no story mode like the other games.

Though Battlefront won't have a single player campaign, it'll have a variety of missions and crafted challenges - available online or offline - designed around key moments from the films. "It's scenes like them," says Bach. "We can't hope that the players will recreate the [actual] battle exactly, so this is more like recreating the idea of the battle, or the battle next to the battle."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-04-17-star-wars-battlefront

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Is that video gameplay? It looks awesome. BUT I bet it wont look like that when its released as it never does.

BTW, Its multiplayer only, no singleplayer mode so I wont be getting it. Multiplayer these days sucks as there are too many assholes online for it to be fun anymore. Doesn't matter the game its always full of assholes.

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is that video gameplay? It looks awesome. BUT I bet it wont look like that when its released as it never does.

BTW, Its multiplayer only, no singleplayer mode so I wont be getting it. Multiplayer these days sucks as there are too many assholes online for it to be fun anymore. Doesn't matter the game its always full of assholes.

No it's just an in engine, basically all the movements are staged like in pre rendered and for all its worth that might be rendered at 1fps or less. Just cause the engine can pull that off doesn't mean it's playable with that graphics.

As for mp only i wouldn't mind if it wasn't 20vs20 cod style. As for assholes, well yeah but that doesn't render the game unplayable, just ignore idiots on chat.

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Call of... Star Wars!??!! :blink: It seems a lot of the industry thinks we're all just waiting for the next "best" FPS... orrrrrr EA... Anyway, looks pretty cool I guess so I can't really complain.

Reactions: Deleted User

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
As for mp only i wouldn't mind if it wasn't 20vs20 cod style. As for assholes, well yeah but that doesn't render the game unplayable, just ignore idiots on chat.

MP assholes, I never chat with them so cant say about that side its the way people play. I was in Destiny the other day and some real asshole was blocking every door so we couldn't pass. Thats the kind of assholes that play multiplayer.
Or in games like COD and battlefield they usually abuse you even if its your very first time playing that game or they dont revive you etc. There is no fun anymore.
I remember when I played Quake 2 MP, it was awesome. I played a whole round and didn't shoot 1 shot as I just followed people and laughed when they noticed. Mainly because he was a fat naked woman and I was a naked faerie (Where I got my name and avatar from) That was the fun MP not this camp at spawn points and shoot in the back then run off MP they do these days. Instead of always going for the most kills how about people start enjoying themselves and have some fun. Its not an enrollment into the army shooter its supposed to be a game and games are supposed to be fun.

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
MP assholes, I never chat with them so cant say about that side its the way people play. I was in Destiny the other day and some real asshole was blocking every door so we couldn't pass. Thats the kind of assholes that play multiplayer.
Or in games like COD and battlefield they usually abuse you even if its your very first time playing that game or they dont revive you etc. There is no fun anymore.
I remember when I played Quake 2 MP, it was awesome. I played a whole round and didn't shoot 1 shot as I just followed people and laughed when they noticed. Mainly because he was a fat naked woman and I was a naked faerie (Where I got my name and avatar from) That was the fun MP not this camp at spawn points and shoot in the back then run off MP they do these days. Instead of always going for the most kills how about people start enjoying themselves and have some fun. Its not an enrollment into the army shooter its supposed to be a game and games are supposed to be fun.

That's why i prefer pc for this sort of games, dedicated servers, quite often with votekick bans etc.
As for quake style games - there's warsow, they're making new ut it's alpha it's supposed to be free and i'm guessing it's available, i think tribes is f2p, though i dunno if it isn't p2w ;/ Quake Live? Dunno not that much into mp these days. Planetside might be some fun too i guess.

Either way there's quite a lot of stuff ;)

Just not on the consoles.

D

Deleted User

No space battles?. Darn that really bugs me. Battlefront 2's space battles were lacking in areas but I was hoping they could improve on it. I would dearly love a space dogfighting game with simple controls like battlefront 2 but a better scoring system/objectives. There is a new Star Fox coming out but that'll probably be just 4 player offline as usual, if I'm mistaken it will have unplayable lag like SSB4.

BTW, I did hear there would be some kind of dogfighting though, anyone know what that's about.

I'm a bit iffy about trying Origin so I'll stick to what I know and get it on Xbox One. If they released it on Windows Xbox Live with cross platform multiplayer then I would get both so I can play with my GF when we move in together. I wonder if the streaming to Windows 10 thing might allow me to do multiplayer.

chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is basically another Titanfall styled game. No singleplayer campaign except some pseudo-multiplayer experience, that doesnt actually go INTO much Star Wars lore that all the fans want, and instead just gives us a shooty shooty bang bang experience with starwars layered over it?

Ugh... I'll get it when it's cheap I suppose...

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is basically another Titanfall styled game. No singleplayer campaign except some pseudo-multiplayer experience, that doesnt actually go INTO much Star Wars lore that all the fans want, and instead just gives us a shooty shooty bang bang experience with starwars layered over it?

Ugh... I'll get it when it's cheap I suppose...
But hey :glare: at least it's Star Wars..... so a billion people will buy it, ESPECIALLY with the new movie coming out, and the cycle will continue.

Reactions: chavosaur

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
chavosaur, the first word in your post is spelled wrong :creep: It's cue, not que. XD

This game looks absolutely amazing btw! It's the first game in years that made me want to play it just by seeing an ad of it.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^That's the point of this fake gameplay style trailer.
When the end product looks nothing like it and people who preorder it got screwed on top of the typical glitchfest incomplete retail release. But don't worry you can buy the skywalker mission pack day one on disc dlc and get the exclusive yoda lightsaber only if you preorder from gamestop.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
CDRqyBLWgAAfBHn.png:large

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users