Star Wars Battlefront releases November 17th for PC, PS4 & Xbox One

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Got to remember this is game engine, which doesn't actually mean 'in game', so don't get TOO excited yet. But even so, yes this is looking rather scrummy - Battlefront 1 & 2 still get a play from me every so often, they're that good, so looking forward to this!

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O.K. as much as I hate modern day E.A., this don't look too shabby. On the other hand, I don't know how they would fair should they decide to take on RPG's or something akin Dark Forces I, II, and Jedi Outcast.

D

Deleted User

Rebel soldiers with jet packs?
><

Oh god, I looked at the preorder bonuses and it seems like this is gonna be one of those games where newcomers are gonna be handicapped by lack of equipment. Whatever happened to just picking up a shooter and kicking butt regardless of how many hours you've played?
I like the customization idea but we should have a good balanced variety to start with including Ion weapons otherwise people who already unlocked them would have an unfair advantage

Reactions: Margen67

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
HOLY FUCKIN SHIT O_O I WANT IT NOW

EDIT:
  • 4 planets (Tatooine, Sullust, Hoth and Endor)
  • Setting is Episode 4-6
  • no conquest mode
  • no space fights
  • no classes (you can choose equipment, but thers a weight limit)
  • there can be one "boss" on each side e.g a sith or jedi (confirmed are Boba Fett and Darth Vader)
  • no solo campaign, instead there are battlefront missions
  • only 20vs20 player fight...
Umm i can already see all those vechicle battles on 20 vs 20 maps
Also it's an engine footage not gameplay, so even though it looks awesome game will look much worse.

I guess this is a cold bucket that made me go from holy shit to meh.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
'fraid I don't trust EA as far as I can throw 'em. Battlefront 2 was really damn fun but I highly doubt this one will be.

and I just remembered it's on Origin only. Ahah yeah you can keep it EA. If it wasn't on that piece of shit platform I might have actually bought it on sale one day when it was bundled with all its DLC for less than $50. Anything on Origin I just can't be bothered.

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
17177955062_599baee3d4_b.jpg

Mystic Shadow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Conker is dead they force rareware to make kinect games also ps4 has better HW=1080p not 720p on xb1. But from ign only 4 maps like wtf. Game is gonna be just as shitty as hard line ugh. I hope to god they have more in store and not DLC crap. I'm sorry when I spend $60 on a game I'm not ready to spend $40 more on shitty dlc that I won't bother with half of or get screwed with (destiny house of wolves)

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I dont think there'll be only 4 maps, prolly 2 or 3 maps per planet.

Still 20vs20 is already shitty cod like game. No space battles is also a huge -

As for consoles power don't really care as i won't really buy anything current gen untill it has a large library... atm i'd be more tempted to get a vita than ps4 or xbone. Anyway got a gaming pc so whatever those consoles can do is still inferior to my hw.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder how this will do. One one hand, The old ones were really good, and this one is made my Dice, who handled the battlefield games very very well. However, on the other, I hope I am not just looking at this through rose colored glasses.

I'm sure this game will be fine. Was confirmed a year ago it is based on the 3rd title, George Lucas cancelled when it was 99% complete. More then likely this will play similar to the original titles with battlefield elements added to it.

D

Deleted User

I'm sure this game will be fine. Was confirmed a year ago it is based on the 3rd title, George Lucas cancelled when it was 99% complete. More then likely this will play similar to the original titles with battlefield elements added to it.
I believe they said it's DICE's take on Battlefront. I didn't see anything about it being based on the unreleased battlefront 3 which worries me

BTW, is Origin really as bad as people say? Personally I haven't tried it before and I was planning to get this on Xbox One but if Origin is OK I might get the PC version too.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
BTW, is Origin really as bad as people say? Personally I haven't tried it before and I was planning to get this on Xbox One but if Origin is OK I might get the PC version too.

No, it isn't... and on a side note (not aimed at you Snugglevixen) this whole fukkin 'EA are the devil'/'I don't trust EA'/'I hate EA'/'Origin Sux!!' bollocks is getting rather tiresome to read to be honest.... guess it's still 'cool' to slag em off ehh.
Origin does its job, nothing more, nothing less - you won't get sexually aroused the first time you fire it up, neither will you go on an axe murdering rampage in disgust ;)
Just like EA themselves: they're not gonna knock on your door and give you $5k just coz they're like that, not are they gonna break into your house and kill yer kids - let's wait and see how good this game turns out be (y'know, after actually playing it) before grabbing the pitchforks hm? frankly, if I want to read some of the posts further up here I could just sign up at soddin Gamefaqs....

D

Deleted User

No, it isn't... and on a side note (not aimed at you Snugglevixen) this whole fukkin 'EA are the devil'/'I don't trust EA'/'I hate EA'/'Origin Sux!!' bollocks is getting rather tiresome to read to be honest.... guess it's still 'cool' to slag em off ehh.
Origin does its job, nothing more, nothing less - you won't get sexually aroused the first time you fire it up, neither will you go on an axe murdering rampage in disgust ;)
Just like EA themselves: they're not gonna knock on your door and give you $5k just coz they're like that, not are they gonna break into your house and kill yer kids - let's wait and see how good this game turns out be (y'know, after actually playing it) before grabbing the pitchforks hm? frankly, if I want to read some of the posts further up here I could just sign up at soddin Gamefaqs....
Alright, I might get both versions then. Apparently Origin does refunds so that's an option if I'm unhappy with Origin.

I think a lot of the EA hate comes from the fact they used to consistently produce good games but in more recent times they've put out disappointing games like Mass Effect 3. Also I think a lot of hate comes from the FIFA games being almost the same each year (which is more of a fan fault for buying the game each year.)
As for Origin I'm guessing it's haters are the same breed of people who harassed me for pointing out bugs/problems I was having (exclusively) with Steam (consequently putting another gripe on the list).

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm both excited and worried about this game but that's to be expected. I'm not sure if I can post this but there's an article at eurogamer where they talk with the general manager at Dice, Patrick Bach and some of the team members about how fans are worried that the game will be shit.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-04-17-star-wars-battlefront

They talk a lot about the other stuff in the game too including details about how the customization in the game works which I kind of like. I think it's been mentioned before but there won't be classes and instead the game will allow the player to customize their characters including gear, weapons, abilities, and even species. I actually like that more than the previous class system in older Battlefront games.

The article also kind of hints at player bonuses making a return in this game as well.
"Bach won't give an explanation of how the Nemesis or Killstreak Bonuses that I see on the gameplay footage after the player picks off an enemy will work either ("I'm a bit upset you spent time looking at those digits rather than the world...")." I'm hoping they make a return. I liked how Battlefront 2 rewarded you for doing well with your characters.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I believe they said it's DICE's take on Battlefront. I didn't see anything about it being based on the unreleased battlefront 3 which worries me

There's nothing specifically wrong with Origin, though it used to be a resource hogging laggy piece of crap. I think they fixed some of that.
It's just an entirely irrelevant and pointless platform. EA was basically playing with all the other kids at Steam's house and all of a sudden decided to pick up its toys and go home and play there. A vast majority of gamers use Steam, so it makes no sense to try and compete and force gamers to have to run two damn clients at once when it could all still just be on Steam.

You must've missed most EA games for the past...5? years.
They drive most good series into the ground and try to squeeze every nickel and dime out of people playing their games. They're also a PR nightmare, though recently they seem to be keeping their mouths shut.
You can't really dance around the fact EA has actually been voted one of the worst companies, several times. They're a shit company, plain and simple. People who aren't worried about them fucking a game up have some issues or just plain aren't informed.

oh and while i'm remembering, EA basically abandoned Battlefield 3 when a massive chunk of people became unable to play after a patch or two. Tons of support threads and tickets flooded in and they basically just did nothing. I dunno if they ever fixed it for people. Fixing the problem was quite the damn process and usually didn't work anyway. I remember trying to fix it and just being baffled seeing their entire support forum flooded with people having the same issues. I just uninstalled right then and there and saved myself the trouble.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1