Star Fox Zero on a Modded Wii U without motion controls?

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember pre-ordering this game, being excited, playing it for about an hour and then.. sold it because the game kept fighting against the player with the stupid gimmicky controls. 😔

Now, is there a solution to play SFZ and actually enjoy it?

Aside from the controls, I love the cover.

91W+PkALvbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Reactions: zfreeman

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Actually... You can play it without motion controls, you just need a pro controller set as player 2. But in all honestly? The game controls great as it is. Unlocked the black and Snes Arwings without Amiibo. Its not that difficult to play.

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually... You can play it without motion controls, you just need a pro controller set as player 2. But in all honestly? The game controls great as it is. Unlocked the black and Snes Arwings without Amiibo. Its not that difficult to play.
Looking at both screens just ruins the fun, but good to know about WUPC via Player 2.

HeadstrongWolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for that info, I didn't know this myself.

I wish there was a Switch Port of this but I feel like this game is too powerful for the Switch.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Looking at both screens just ruins the fun, but good to know about WUPC via Player 2.
Not really, alot of the normal missions are totally doable with just looking at the TV. But the moment where the 2 screens trully shine is on those open space dogfights missions.
What??

What on earth are you on about the Switch is way more powerful than the WiiU so could easily run the game.
View attachment 344076
I don't know.... This game can pull out some impressive looking levels while rendering the game twice while maintaining a 60 fps all the time. Also i don't think comparing the number of games is a valid point since 60% of Switch games are garbage shovelware that even the Wii would think is too much, 20% are port, a decent number of it being Wii U ports and 10% being actual Switch games.

Reactions: HeadstrongWolf

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not really, alot of the normal missions are totally doable with just looking at the TV. But the moment where the 2 screens trully shine is on those open space dogfights missions.

I don't know.... This game can pull out some impressive looking levels while rendering the game twice while maintaining a 60 fps all the time. Also i don't think comparing the number of games is a valid point since 60% of Switch games are garbage shovelware that even the Wii would think is too much, 20% are port, a decent number of it being Wii U ports and 10% being actual Switch games.
The game numbers on the spec sheet are irrelevant the rest of the specs are not. The Switch is more powerful than the WiiU in every area. The switch could easily play Starfox Zero.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

lol the switch has more ram, more cpu power and more gpu power... all that means it can play the game better than it did on wiiu without any problem...

Reactions: Tur7L3 and Marc_LFD

Tur7L3

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
wll there are two apps that let you connect other Bluetooth controllers as if they were WiiU inputs. Thing is the one you can assign to the Gamepad input: HidtovPad, is the more outdated so requires a USB plugged, so, no Bluetooth. That said, you can then turn off the motion controls "unless you are locked-on to an enemy" (yes that's an option within the game, and play with a plugged external controller mimicking the Gamepad and just shooting as you would aim in other StarFox via movement.
How viable is that in the levels? you try. But it's as easy as opening HidtovPad before the game via the Homebrew Launcher and assigning the controller to Gamepad, then going to the game.

Reactions: flowlapache

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol