Hacking SSBB Working without Dual channels or 15% trick

FoulPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.
My Media is a Verbatim India disc, (DL) and it has tons of scratches as my Wii seems to like to tare through them. However, it isn't scratching the original discs? (The real wii discs)

Reasons for this happening?

twitchy5090

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when I got home last night I pulled the plug on my wii. Turned it back on and it was okay tried out a few games they work. I burned another copy using brickblocker version 1.3R2
with a memorex DL at 2.4x img burn. It's working perfectly fine now. I used brick blocker so I did't run into the update issue again. Thanks for your help and to prophet for the guide

lombers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone tried using WUM yet? I'm curious as to how the program works, and if it's similar to the patcher that bailli released...

moquette

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wum.talevas.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
@lombers

yes I tryied it : i developed it
wink.gif

WUM is like a upgrade of WBB : it replace byte per byte all the update partition. No decryption, just copy the full partition. It has an internet interface which can permit to access the latest game/update database i made (every day new games inside thanks to WUM users scanns).

I don't really know bailli one. Is it the one to patch the .inf file ?

lombers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
moquette said:
WUM is like a upgrade of WBB : it replace byte per byte all the update partition. No decryption, just copy the full partition. It has an internet interface which can permit to access the latest game/update database i made (every day new games inside thanks to WUM users scanns).

I don't really know bailli one. Is it the one to patch the .inf file ?

Yes, bailli's patcher (which I used for my copy of brawl) just zeroes the region specific updates out of the inf file. You still have to manually extract it and replace it using trucha signer.

Does your program work the same? I just fired it up and had a look at the Brawl iso and it looks quite good (running in expert mode).

What is the best method to use, replace with a firmware or replace with "NO1"? Does the "NO1" patching just zero out the region specific RVL updates like bailli's inf patcher, or does it work like WiiBrickBlocker?

Sorry for all the questions, I am eager to try it out and see what the differences are
smile.gif

moquette

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wum.talevas.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
No, it is not this perfectionned...

if you have a look at this page, you will see what are NO1, NO2 and NO3 update (also explain in the FAQ...).

Only the "NO" update is a custom one : I made it using trucha signer and some kind of prophet's trick... But it don't work yet... I am working on it.

And no, WUM is not like bailli patcher : bailli patcher patch the .inf file, WUM patch the iso with another update partition (must exist, from another iso or downloaded by WUM).

WUM do not decrypt anything : you don't need key.bin to use WUM.

See you

lombers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
moquette said:
No, it is not this perfectionned...

if you have a look at this page, you will see what are NO1, NO2 and NO3 update (also explain in the FAQ...).

Only the "NO" update is a custom one : I made it using trucha signer and some kind of prophet's trick... But it don't work yet... I am working on it.

And no, WUM is not like bailli patcher : bailli patcher patch the .inf file, WUM patch the iso with another update partition (must exist, from another iso or downloaded by WUM).

WUM do not decrypt anything : you don't need key.bin to use WUM.

See you

OK this makes more sense now. Whilst I think your method of patching is great, I think it could use some improvement. For instance the NO updates are good but they may need to contain all previous IOS updates, not just the latest for games like Brawl to run. For instance have a look at Prophet's update.inf and you'll see how he only removed the RVL updates. If it's possible to create a NO update that contains all IOS updates but no RVL ones this would most likely be the best method to patch the disc. I realise this may not be that simple, as it would require a custom partition with the inf file and the updates.

The best part about your program is that is doesn't require trucha signer as it doesn't do the decrypt / encrypt. So perhaps what we can do is use either Prophet's or Bailli's method to patch the disc, and then use WUM to grab that out of the disc as a custom firmware. This would still leave all the RVL files on the disc (I assume WUM extracts the update.inf and all of the update files?), but it would mean the patching would be nicer and it wouldn't break compatibility with discs like Brawl that have the very latest IOS firmware... It also wouldn't break compatibility for people who haven't run previous updates (like SMG, MP3C, etc) so if previous IOS updates are required it would also have those on the disc.

But otherwise let me just say your work is fantastic, this program looks like it will be very handy, especially considering how easy it is to use. I'll keep having a play and see if I can create some custom stuff but my knowledge is a bit limited when it comes to wii disc hacking
smile.gif
Thanks for all your hard work!

lombers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@moquette

OK I just played around a little more with your program and I have a couple of dumps you might be interested in...

53a97ddb8b70baac2b73202d504504af.dump - MP3C PAL, 2.1E_v3
716e9c8779ed27bd503d4c5412a3ea42.dump - Super Mario Galaxy PAL, 3.0E_v2
1da54944fd05747b4f2963d2a0ac4415.dump - Dairanto Smash Bros X NTSC-J, 3.1J_v2
c95342881529e5bac9b6d779d4459a9d.dump - Dairanto Smash Bros X NTSC-J, 3.1J_v2 (This has been patched using Bailli's inf patcher, and the partitions were trucha signed)

Want me to mirror upload these somewhere for you, or are these not of any value?

Also, does trucha signing the partition have an impact on the dump? ie Can you use a dump from a trucha signed disc without affecting the disc or does it break something?

FoxMcClaud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ccfman2004 said:
Sorry, let me rephrase.

I mean will it remove the dup channels on the Wii if you already have them?

no there is no way to remove them yet...
it only prevents getting them in the first place!

gam3guy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Huh?
so with that INF posted before, i could stop duplicate channels and the 15% trick without all those steps in the tutorial posted earlier on a backup of smash bros brawl(JAP)???
wacko.gif

FoulPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could have stopped yourself from getting dual channels or doing the 15% trick as the title says. If you have Dual Channels, you cannot get rid of them.

crazy33

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

Sorry for my english, i am french ^^

I wanted to know if i use the patcher and replace my _update.inf and Trucha sign the partition, i will have to use RegionFrii ?

And can i use WBB or WUM on my ISO ?

And does the DVD9 release works on Wiikey ? (DL)
I have a PAL WII 3.2E
THx

lombers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
crazy33 said:
I wanted to know if i use the patcher and replace my _update.inf and Trucha sign the partition, i will have to use RegionFrii ?

And can i use WBB or WUM on my ISO ?

And does the DVD9 release works on Wiikey ? (DL)
I have a PAL WII 3.2E
THx

You only have to use RegionFrii if you don't have Region Override set to "On" on your wiikey.

After you have run the update with the patched inf file, you can then run a brickblocked version of the disc if you want.

Yes, the DVD9 (Caravan) release works on Wiikey.

crazy33

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It work perfectly !!! On WiiKey 1.9G Wii 3.2E
biggrin.gif

THX A LOT ALL

But i have 2 little green bar on my TV on TOP and Bottom ? How to fix it ?

FoulPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with Jalaneme, It's frustrating to read things in Japanese. Especially when your trying to unlock music.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Freedom* *(terms and conditions apply)