Hacking SSBB Texture Swaps

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I realized that too, what about Kirby sucking up the other players? are you going to change that? Or not, because of the no textures... That would be icing on the cake! Or ecchi on the desktop! xD

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
We haven't looked into Kirby yet. Ghosteo is away on vacation, so things are incredibly slow, but we have all 75ish characters on a list, in order of what we are doing next. Kirby is at the very end.

Phreeq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, in this game are Kirby's eye's seperate textures and whatnot, probably not like the first game, but in that vid they made kirby have one eye like a waddle doo, Or are his eyes separate models?

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
We haven't looked. Kirby is at the bottom of our list anyways
tongue.gif

EDIT: I have been wondering recently if these texture replacements can somehow be put in using the USBGecko. Like a really, really long code or something. If you are a reader of this thread and have good knowledge on the subject, I would love to hear from you.

Phreeq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, well I'm getting an ISO of Brawl very soon. (Can't tell from where). Is there any kind of tutorials for what you guy's are doing. I'd love to look into it. I heard talk of one, but I couldn't find any links or anything. But I would really like to try to make some texture edits. See if I can't top off some of your guys' work (Highly doubtful).

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Phreeq said:
Oh, well I'm getting an ISO of Brawl very soon. (Can't tell from where). Is there any kind of tutorials for what you guy's are doing. I'd love to look into it. I heard talk of one, but I couldn't find any links or anything. But I would really like to try to make some texture edits. See if I can't top off some of your guys' work (Highly doubtful).

Special thanks section of my first post.

Good luck!
smile.gif

Also, this topic is about texture edits, not obtaining ISOs of Brawl. Lets keep it that way.

Pharrox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raganook said:
Pharrox, I'm starting to make headway into "cheating" +2 palettes, but I need to test it further. I'll let you know tonight.

Also, if your theory is something I can test out, let me know.

Well basically, from what I've seen, at least in Marth's case. There is the PLT0 line, then a line with more data, followed by two lines of padding, then the actual texture data. Since all we need is two lines, I think it might be possible to move the texture up two lines, then change the offset to the data so it gets the whole palette. Another possible option is to just put the palette at the very bottom of the file, change a few offsets and have it work that way. You would have to change two offsets to put it at the bottom, but it's a lot less than if you were just to expand the current file to fit the right area.

Of course if you do put it at the bottom, the .brres will have changed in size which will then require making a whole new .pac file, which is inconvenient, but can be done.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you guys thought about opening this up to the community? Like, I had a great idea to re-texture Charizard into Ridley, but don't have the knowledge to do it (I had been playing a LOT of Boss Battles). Maybe create a dedicated forum with some of the information you guys have gathered to help others do things like this. You guys could also offer your advice and know-how into the matter. I know I would be thrilled if there was a place where I could discuss different ideas and gather the necessary information to create my own re-textures.

Cryos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raganook said:
No harm no foul....except we did not do the Lucario texture he claims we did...

I knew I wasn't crazy, I did see a Lucario texture, and it for sure isn't ours.

The delay with Lucario is my fault, I was distracted by a much for enjoyable prospect. It will be ready soon enough.

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
^----That guy is Cryos, our other artist
tongue.gif
His much more "enjoyable prospect" shall be witnessed next week
smile.gif

Anyways, today's entry, Dark Zenigame, appears to complete the set! Now who on earth could their trainer be!?

Anyways. Tomorrow we have a VERY nice one for you all, and here is your hint!

*Secret Character...Heavy Class...

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's either Dry Bowser or Rosalie. I'm gonna assume Dry Bowser since you mentioned Bowser the other day.

Pharrox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raganook said:
Unfortunately, that would require a great deal of tools we don't have at the moment...

Not as much as you may think. Put the .PLT0 at the bottom. Change the .brres header offset, change the .PLT0 header offset. Done. Of course it will need a .pac maker, but that's no big deal. I already have one of those (basically).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Float like a butterfly burns when I pee lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So does that mean your date was not good? It burns now?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    +1
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Billie needs her lunch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs papa brought back the cheeseburger pizza it's like the only decent pie they had since the 80s
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm not a fan of papa johns, but that does sound good. We hardly order out pizza, I like making my own, but when we do its donatoes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get them like once every two months anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because it's half a mile from where I live
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Request next time you order, that Shaq deliver it to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want him to buy me a chain also
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Open it right next to the one we have
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys should i make a new thread and just count the amount of posts until kyle, luke or leo joins the thread for fun?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kyle's fine, just waiting for that wario joke

luke and leo though, they yap until the thread's enjoyability is about halved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo is Luke's alterego when he gets hard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Luke is gone, he got banned. And I'm surprised Leo hasn't yet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Subway was actually pretty decent tonight
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut you get, a seafood and psi salad sub
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psi had my footlong meatball special
    +1
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: