Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I just finished Toon Link today
smile.gif

All of them have thought go into them. It's just that some are obviously more challenging than others
tongue.gif
But you left out a lot of ones that took quite a bit of work, like Wander, Serge... Though all of our textures are done without a lot of dedication, even if they take ultimately less time. Even ones that seem "simple" like Shadow Mario (who's pupils I've fixed, you guys can stop telling me about them
tongue.gif
) in actuality require Ghosteo to do a lot by hand.

Anyways, back to work, make sure you all red the Bold Red announcement on the first post...

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Yeah, I edited my post because after re-reading it, it sounded kind of cruel; I don't mean that no thought goes into them. I guess what I meant was, from my point of view (I have no hex-coding experience or texture editing), some characters like let's say Squirtle or Ivysaur look pretty simple, and don't "awe" me. However, it makes sense, because you guys had a whole "Dark Pokemon" set in the works, so naturally, the Pokemon should be mostly all black.

I was looking at the video of Dry Bowser and he looks amazing! It looks just like a Dry Bowser should
tongue.gif
This may actually get me to play as Bowser (for once.) Great job! Can't wait for Pika/Lucario/TL!

PS: That red colored Lucario and black pikachu aren't yours, right? Becuase honestly, I didn't really like either one...

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I'm just GUESSING here, but I don't think we'll see a release for at LEAST another month or two. They don't have all the textures done, and they still have to figure out the +2 palette glitch ( I think). I'm sure they also have a lot of debugging to do, and touching up of character textures too.

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Warcueid said:
PS: That red colored Lucario and black pikachu aren't yours, right? Becuase honestly, I didn't really like either one...

Neither are ours.

Diablo1123 said:
This looks awesome, when can we expect a release? =D

Patience.

QUOTE(Warcueid @ Aug 2 2008, 03:22 AM)
I'm just GUESSING here, but I don't think we'll see a release for at LEAST another month or two. They don't have all the textures done, and they still have to figure out the +2 palette glitch ( I think). I'm sure they also have a lot of debugging to do, and touching up of character textures too.

We will know better in about a week. During the week that Ghosteo was in town we did around 20 textures/70. Now that he's away, that number is only 1/4 as much. +2 Palettes no longer are a concern to me, thanks to both Pharrox and Gary, along with 3 days of no sleep and testing various things.

Touch ups will go fast
smile.gif
. We will of course keep you informed!

_GOOD NEWS_

The super-surprise has arrived, and the hexing has begun > : ). Tomorrow you guys best be prepared for something amazing....

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay... You should make an RSS feed like Smash Dojo, a little bit better...

Is that all you are going to edit though, just the textures? That's still neat! It would be cool if I knew, so I could replace the stages or stage editor pieces. But I don't...
frown.gif

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lostsoul5673 said:

Is that all you are going to edit though, just the textures? That's still neat! It would be cool if I knew, so I could replace the stages or stage editor pieces. But I don't...
frown.gif

We have no plans for stages. We are also editing character selection pictures, stock heads, timed portraits, victory portraits, as well as a few "extra" things that won't be disclosed until a MUCH later date.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raganook said:
lostsoul5673 said:

frown.gif

We have no plans for stages. We are also editing character selection pictures, stock heads, timed portraits, victory portraits, as well as a few "extra" things that won't be disclosed until a MUCH later date.
The stages are okay with me! So I can't wait....
WHY? The suspense!!!!!!!

Keshire

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll be taking a close look at the bbres when I get to work on Monday. In the meantime I'll just batch extract all the pacs from the effects/fighter, and /fighters.
There are a handful of pac files that have no files within them so the ssbextractor chokes.
smile.gif

For anyone else that wants to save some time... Here's the batch file I'm using.
SSBExtract needs better error and file handling I think...

Code:
for /R %%I in (*.pac) do mkdir %%~dpI%%~nI
for /R %%I in (*.pac) do SSBExtract %%I

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a whole ton Keshire
smile.gif

EDIT: wtf WOW. so Ghosteo has been HARD at work it seems, as today he finished FOUR textures. Meanwhile, Cryos is nearing completion with THREE textures. It has been a GOOD day. Me? Im still up at 4:00am trying to assemble them all oO. We have everything ranging from fan-favorites to the unexpected, I think you are all in for quite the treat
smile.gif

Also: I am in possession of the Saturday Surprise. It's pretty sick
tongue.gif
. I'd give you a hint, but I want it to remain a big deal. There may even be a game mechanic that goes along with it....

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
dude u guys should come up with ur own title too like 'Homebrew Smash bros Brawl'
tongue.gif
..... not a suggestion just a thought.
wink.gif

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well...its 9:00am, and I never went to sleep oO. I've been working tirelessly (literally) to make sure the super-secret texture for today works. It had an incredibly troublesome +2 texture. I will soon find out if I put it in it's place
tongue.gif

That aside, Ghosteo did a fantastic job with this one. So long as this test of it works out, expect to see the secret surprise texture at a secret undisclosed time (so afternoonish
tongue.gif
)

I'll keep everyone informed!

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow, those all look awesome, shame I don't have a modchip. Is it possible in any way to do this without a modchip, or am I just clutching at straws now?
Fierce Deity Link and Phazon Suit Samus look absolutely stunning, and Mysterious Mr. L looks really funny. Good luck guys.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
oh, snap... got a very good question...

Will this work with US/EU verisons of Brawl, since your using this on a J version, will it require any extra hacking/hexing?

Just a thought...

Cryos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
oh, snap... got a very good question...

Will this work with US/EU verisons of Brawl, since your using this on a J version, will it require any extra hacking/hexing?

Just a thought...

Short answer: Yes

Long answer: Yes, it will work with the US/EU versions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, so smart it doesnt even exist