Square Enix E3 2019 press conference livestream coverage

Here we are, once again. Square Enix is here, and ready to hopefully blow our minds. With the company having already given us a major reveal with the Final Fantasy VII Remake release date yesterday, we have no idea what they have in store as a major surprise. Let’s find out, shall we?

Lots of talk and intricate details for FF7R. Elements from FF15 and KH3 can be seen in the gameplay. While it is action, you still need to make strategies to take down enemies with your party.

A demo is playable at E3. They’re showing footage of Midgard.

While this is only the first of a multi part release, FFVII Remake part 1 will release on two Blu-ray Discs.

There will be a collectors edition.

Onto Life is Strange 2. Footage for the next episode.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered is out this winter.

Octopath on PC trailer.

Last Remnant Remastered is out today for Switch.

Dragon Quest Builders 2. July 12.

Racing game called Circuit Superstars.

Battalion 1944.

Dragon Quest 11 being shown for Switch.

A great majority of SE game music is on Spotify now.

Kingdom Hearts 3 ReMIND DLC.

Pretty sizable trailer for the new FF14 expansion. Called Shadowbringers. July 2.

Dying Light 2. Spring 2020.

Romancing Saga 3 heads west. Vita, Switch, PS4, XBO, PC.

And Saga Scarlet Grace. In official English for the very first time. PC and PS4.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius: War of the Visions. For mobile.

Summer 2020 for Outriders. Telling a good story is a big focus for the development team. Has coop.

Oninaki trailer.

Final Fantasy 8: Remastered coming 2019.

The Avengers game gets a trailer. A very impressive looking CG trailer shows the Avengers team fighting on a bridge.

This is Crystal Dynamic’s interpretation of The Avengers. You get to play as Capt. America, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, and Iron Man. The story is about the team failing a mission, and heroes being outlawed.

4 player online coop. Post launch free DLC. No lootbooxes or P2W elements.

PlayStation 4 players get an early beta, and unique “benefits”. Also for Xbox, PC, and Stadia.

Launches...May 15 2020.

Now we wait for tomorrow!

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am i the only one not impressed with final fantasy 7 remake. Wtf i mean sure its got nice graphics but it looks like they turned it into a "monster hunterisk" button masher bullshit 3d run around game. Do you have to switch between characters during fights to control the other. Seams like they did away with the turn based strategy style that is in its self final fantasy 7. I seen nothing in the video to suggest the use of magic and wheres the aeons. Also did i hear correct that the first part is just the midgar escape. So you dont even get to start the actual game before its over and u have to wait what another 3 to 4 years for the next part probably on a completely different system. Who in there right fuckin mind is ok with this.

Edit i guess the fire raining down could be a spell.

Last edited by wartutor,

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They called it already, 2 parts for the remake. Part 1 will be Midgar only.

Nothing was said about this game being two parts total. This release is a multi-DISC game. You get 2 blu-rays for your $60. Disc 1 is Midgar, Disc 2 is something else. There might still be more episodes in the future, but that has nothing to do with this 2-disc division.

And that fact right there would justify splitting up this game. If they put enough work to fill two blu-rays on the 4K-inept Playstation platform, its unlikely this release will be lacking in content.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you forget about crystal chronicles remastered’s new trailer? They added voice acting to the game and characters shout out the name of magic when used. Up to 4 player co-op online mode.

Maverick_z

When did i join again??
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Am i the only one not impressed with final fantasy 7 remake. Wtf i mean sure its got nice graphics but it looks like they turned it into a "monster hunterisk" button masher bullshit 3d run around game. Do you have to switch between characters during fights to control the other. Seams like they did away with the turn based strategy style that is in its self final fantasy 7. I seen nothing in the video to suggest the use of magic and wheres the aeons. Also did i hear correct that the first part is just the midgar escape. So you dont even get to start the actual game before its over and u have to wait what another 3 to 4 years for the next part probably on a completely different system. Who in there right fuckin mind is ok with this.

you obv didnt watch because there is still and element of ATB in the game where you can pause time and make choices. As for the magic and materia thing they showed the cure and thunder spells in the trailer against the scorpion boss. They didnt show the summons because they want to keep it a surprise and show it later on

Last edited by Maverick_z,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Did you forget about crystal chronicles remastered’s new trailer? They added voice acting to the game and characters shout out the name of magic when used. Up to 4 player co-op online mode.
...and on phones... What?

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

It sounds like they're really going to "flesh out" Midgar. There's a lot of FF7 related sidestories that will be made canon. Think 'Crisis Core,' 'Before Crisis,' 'Advent Children,' 'Dirge of Cerberus,' etc...

2 Blu-Rays for just Midgar seems like overkill.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Truth be told, a lot was left on the table for lore in FF7. I don’t mind episodic releases as long as it has content

MagnesG

GBAtemp Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing was said about this game being two parts total. This release is a multi-DISC game. You get 2 blu-rays for your $60. Disc 1 is Midgar, Disc 2 is something else. There might still be more episodes in the future, but that has nothing to do with this 2-disc division.

And that fact right there would justify splitting up this game. If they put enough work to fill two blu-rays on the 4K-inept Playstation platform, its unlikely this release will be lacking in content.
is it? Now I'm confused, does this mean they will release all of FF7R parts in March 3 next year? No split up of base content release?

Edit: I read it more about it. Remake will still be split in parts - not sure how many parts though, last time it was 2 parts like I said earlier. The first part is still in Migdar, but the game is so large they have to fit it in 2 game discs. They just wanted to emphasize that the Midgar part will be huge, different from original FF7, that why they said that.

That means more will come, with different parts in tone / different arc.

Last edited by MagnesG,

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

the whole of SE games looked really outdated in terms of graphics. Horrible press conference. Final Fantasy 7 looks like a 2014 game. The Avengers' faces looked like generic NPC characters too. Very underwhelming.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when you thought 2013 and the ps3 was still relevant...
When its 2019 and you still think its 2013 LOL
Lz4K6ohs

D8vwKgTU0AUT06O.jpg:large

(original tweet by Matt Kim LawofTD)

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Wait, so if FFVII will be 2 parts only and part 1 in midgar only, which is only the first 10% of the original game, does that mean the rest 90% will be covered in part 2?
Or it's going to be more than 2 parts?

KyleHyde

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Wait, so if FFVII will be 2 parts only and part 1 in midgar only, which is only the first 10% of the original game, does that mean the rest 90% will be covered in part 2?
Or it's going to be more than 2 parts?
It's 2 discs for Part 1 (Midgar) due to the size of it, apparently. They said they really wanted to flesh it out, so it'll probably be pretty different compared to the original. They've yet to say how many parts the remake will have, though some people are still assuming that it'll probably be 3 (in reference to the original PS1 release being divided into 3 discs). I feel like they'll probably talk more about that once it's released next year.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa, they kept ATB system in ff7. There's a lot of fluff and busy work, but that's the same system as the original. I'm happy with this. Definitely redeems the remake in my eyes.

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
FF7 Best turn based game ever - FF7 remake I think we hav just witnessed the best action game ever - thank you square enix

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo