Square Enix E3 2019 press conference livestream coverage

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Godofcheese

Godofcheese Insane

Dec 31, 2016
    Sweden
    Shivering Isles
    No they didn't
    But you have to be a true believer and just trust them!
    Haha
    "facepalm"

2. wartutor

wartutor GBAtemp Regular

Dec 25, 2012
    United States
    Am i the only one not impressed with final fantasy 7 remake. Wtf i mean sure its got nice graphics but it looks like they turned it into a "monster hunterisk" button masher bullshit 3d run around game. Do you have to switch between characters during fights to control the other. Seams like they did away with the turn based strategy style that is in its self final fantasy 7. I seen nothing in the video to suggest the use of magic and wheres the aeons. Also did i hear correct that the first part is just the midgar escape. So you dont even get to start the actual game before its over and u have to wait what another 3 to 4 years for the next part probably on a completely different system. Who in there right fuckin mind is ok with this.

Edit i guess the fire raining down could be a spell.

Last edited by wartutor, Jun 11, 2019
    DarthDub, gameboy and godreborn like this.
  3. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    It was all in-engine and at parts it had a third-person view that looked like gameplay minus the UI. I can't be sure though.

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  4. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    Nothing was said about this game being two parts total. This release is a multi-DISC game. You get 2 blu-rays for your $60. Disc 1 is Midgar, Disc 2 is something else. There might still be more episodes in the future, but that has nothing to do with this 2-disc division.

And that fact right there would justify splitting up this game. If they put enough work to fill two blu-rays on the 4K-inept Playstation platform, its unlikely this release will be lacking in content.

Last edited by Rahkeesh, Jun 11, 2019
  5. chartube12

chartube12 Captain Chaz 86

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    Did you forget about crystal chronicles remastered’s new trailer? They added voice acting to the game and characters shout out the name of magic when used. Up to 4 player co-op online mode.

6. Maverick_z

Maverick_z When did i join again??

Nov 25, 2002
    Canada
    you obv didnt watch because there is still and element of ATB in the game where you can pause time and make choices. As for the magic and materia thing they showed the cure and thunder spells in the trailer against the scorpion boss. They didnt show the summons because they want to keep it a surprise and show it later on

Last edited by Maverick_z, Jun 11, 2019
  7. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    In the Murderbox!
    ...and on phones... What?

8. Fugelmir

Fugelmir GBAtemp Fan

Mar 9, 2016
    Canada
    It sounds like they're really going to "flesh out" Midgar. There's a lot of FF7 related sidestories that will be made canon. Think 'Crisis Core,' 'Before Crisis,' 'Advent Children,' 'Dirge of Cerberus,' etc...

2 Blu-Rays for just Midgar seems like overkill.

9. brickmii82

brickmii82 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 21, 2015
    United States
    Truth be told, a lot was left on the table for lore in FF7. I don’t mind episodic releases as long as it has content

10. MagnesG

MagnesG GBAtemp Lurker

Sep 11, 2016
    United States
    is it? Now I'm confused, does this mean they will release all of FF7R parts in March 3 next year? No split up of base content release?

Edit: I read it more about it. Remake will still be split in parts - not sure how many parts though, last time it was 2 parts like I said earlier. The first part is still in Migdar, but the game is so large they have to fit it in 2 game discs. They just wanted to emphasize that the Midgar part will be huge, different from original FF7, that why they said that.

That means more will come, with different parts in tone / different arc.

Last edited by MagnesG, Jun 11, 2019
  11. phreaksho

phreaksho GBAtemp Regular

Oct 27, 2007
    United States
    Post falls, Idaho
    Final fantasy 8 yay! :lol:

12. gameboy

gameboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    the whole of SE games looked really outdated in terms of graphics. Horrible press conference. Final Fantasy 7 looks like a 2014 game. The Avengers' faces looked like generic NPC characters too. Very underwhelming.

13. gameboy

gameboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    when you thought 2013 and the ps3 was still relevant...
    When its 2019 and you still think its 2013 LOL
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (original tweet by Matt Kim LawofTD)

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  14. Lazyboss

Lazyboss GBAtemp Fan

Sep 26, 2017
    United Arab Emirates
    Wait, so if FFVII will be 2 parts only and part 1 in midgar only, which is only the first 10% of the original game, does that mean the rest 90% will be covered in part 2?
    Or it's going to be more than 2 parts?

15. Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng Netti Netti

Aug 15, 2012
    United States
    Where my feet lie on the ground
    Wow. FFVII looks like it will be my first FF game, I hope I'm not missing out on too much of the story.
    Avengers looks really good, though I wonder how gameplay would work.

16. KyleHyde

KyleHyde GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2018
    Puerto Rico
    It's 2 discs for Part 1 (Midgar) due to the size of it, apparently. They said they really wanted to flesh it out, so it'll probably be pretty different compared to the original. They've yet to say how many parts the remake will have, though some people are still assuming that it'll probably be 3 (in reference to the original PS1 release being divided into 3 discs). I feel like they'll probably talk more about that once it's released next year.

17. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

GBAtemp Patron
    osaka35 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    Whoa, they kept ATB system in ff7. There's a lot of fluff and busy work, but that's the same system as the original. I'm happy with this. Definitely redeems the remake in my eyes.

18. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    whats up with the avengers faces? they dont look like the movie or comics? i mean what the hell?

19. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    FF7 Best turn based game ever - FF7 remake I think we hav just witnessed the best action game ever - thank you square enix

20. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    they were worse than ubisoft