Hacking Sports Resort PAL

PoshPaws

Trophies
XP
Country
pepxl said:
in usbloader gx set individual game setting to 002 error = on/not anti, alt-dol = on/disk not sd but disk use auto then save , load the game watch the 3 min vid then reload back to the wii menu load gx backup entter game settings turn alt dol off then save, then load.

thats what i done and it load first time for the pal version

Thanx pepxl, this worked a treat
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
morgan200 said:
QUOTE said:
Black & white is a tv only problem, pal tvs display PAL&NTSC in color with both PAL&NTSC Wiis. Using a component cable might help on hdtvs, but hdtvs should be able to display pal with the crap cable in color.

i am speaking from straight experience...game showed greenscreen/rolling black&white, switched to RGB problem was gone, so i'm not going to draw any further conclusion than that the cable not the television is the source of the problem

What kind of rgb cable do you have? I'm really confused now, because i thought that:
1. All rgb cables are the same, so they only have a scart connector
2. NTSC tvs don't have a scart connector

Or did you mean component cable?

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
i think he meant component cables.(what we call YUV in europe)
this kind of cables :
images

Scart connector doesn't even exist in USA if i remember well.
this is what is called RGB cable in europe (with a scart connector) :
images

morgan200

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
yes my mistake for the confusion! RGB for me = red/green/blue for the video, as pictured above with 5 cumbersome cables...almost as bad as the USB interface market...anyways the jist of it is if you are getting a green screen and you are on NTSC running the PAL copy of resort, you'll need the multi-colored cables pictured above!

btw thanks benjay for the graphical clarification! don't think i've ever seen one of those european cables!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Component cable is something totally different from all other cables. With component cables your Wii most likely runs in progressive video mode, but could be even the same for PAL&NTSC, i'm not sure. I can't even enable progressive video mode with the crap or my rgb cable.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
morgan200 said:
didn't i read somewhere all PAL was progressive? wierd systems you guys use over there...your electrical outlets alone are frankenstein-ish!

Ours are evil? Look at yours!

No, regular PAL is just a different color space than NTSC and running at 720x576@50Hz instead of 720x480@60Hz. But pal tvs generally eat most if not all video modes, if it's pal or ntsc does not matter, or if it's pal color space at NTSC resolution(PAL60).

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
WiiPower said:
Component cable is something totally different from all other cables. With component cables your Wii most likely runs in progressive video mode, but could be even the same for PAL&NTSC, i'm not sure. I can't even enable progressive video mode with the crap or my rgb cable.

you are right , component cable is the only way to enable 480p mode in PAL wiis.
and it's the same cable for PAL and NTSC.

Video modes are very different between NTSC and PAL.
it's hard to explain what are the difference and which is the best one (PAL is supposed to be , with a higher number of lines).

have a look here (it also explains why morgan is wrong when he calls the cable RGB , the real name is YUV , because it' not for red green blue , but luminance and chrominance ) :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAL

These differences are on the way to disappear , with HDTV , which support both signals , and standardization that comes with DVB-T

stevey034

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the help but i am trying with a disc and i used wiiscrubber and neogamma r6. I turned on alt dol after putting the file in my sd card and i also said yes to the 002 fix. I then loaded the dvd but it went straight to a movie menu with 5 movies on connect the motion plus and the nunchuk. You had a choice on which movies you could watch. I then clicked an option that said return to game and got a 002 error. I was using a motion plus mote but i didnt have the nunchuk connected. Does it have to be? Can someone please help me solve the problem. Thanks.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
stevey034 i already told you that the problem is that you patched the game to use IOS249 while you were not supposed to do that.

GideonB

Trophies
XP
Country
Wait so to run Wii Sports resort, you need to load an alternate main.dol and then reload it using the original main.dol and also not IOS patch it to 249 (info nicked off WiiPower *Points to post above*)?
Ok that's confusing to be honest xD but it should work I guess.
Also isn't PAL like UK/EU standard or something for TV's and NTSC-U for USA and NTSC-J for Japan?

stevey034

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
stevey034 i already told you that the problem is that you patched the game to use IOS249 while you were not supposed to do that.
ok i re-downloaded the game and didn't patch it. I just burned it using IMG burn 4x and the same thing happened. Do i need to take the RZTP.dol file straight from the iso using wii scrubber because for the second try i used the same RZTP.dol file as the first. Is this the problem?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Maybe you have some real problem, or there's a shitty release out there. But you really should only get 002 if the wrong information which IOS is loaded is in memory. And that happens if the game game is patched to use another IOS.

del76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to find out if anyone has my answer. I changed the cable (now rgb) on my ntsc wii and now the game has the image scrolling in color and no longer in black and white. Like im almost getting there. If i turn the alt dol back on the video is in color now and perfect. Changing the cable made a difference. Changing the settings either gives me a green screen or flickering screen but in color. any help would be great

Posts merged

Trying to find out if anyone has my answer. I changed the cable (now rgb) on my ntsc wii and now the game has the image scrolling in color and no longer in black and white. Like im almost getting there. If i turn the alt dol back on the video is in color now and perfect. Changing the cable made a difference. Changing the settings either gives me a green screen or flickering screen but in color. any help would be great

leondmsmith

Trophies
XP
Country
Never had a problem with pal release, put motion plus on wiimote, stuck game on usb drive, played first time, no alt dol no nothin, didnt even have to watch the video, came as an option on top left but didn't force me to watch at all

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
yes , it was the same for me , but you certainly watched the motion+ video in another game like the japanese version of wii sports resort , or grand slam tennis.
Didn't you ?

Gagarin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kind of scared to ask....
So if I don't have Wii Motion + I should not be able to play it?

If I will open it in Wii Scrubber and replace some dol with main dol, will it work with my USB loader just like Mortal Combat?

Hmm....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto