Splatterhouse Trailer Released

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, Feb 7, 2009.

Feb 7, 2009
  1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I had extremley low hopes for the 3D re-imagining of Namco Bandai's Splatterhouse, but this new trailer has actually made m think that it cold be a good little mindless beat-em-up.

I'm not that much of a fan of the series, though I loved the NES & PC Engine versions. Always found the super deformed version more fun. Also hoping there will be some nods to films or even games in the horror genre like the original games.

The game is being released on 360 & PS3 later this year (anyone betting it'll be out for halloween?)

2. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    ooooooooooooo looks pretty good! .....I remember playing this erm yesterday on genesis emulator haha well the crappy old side scroller arcade style one [​IMG]

when I first saw it it reminded me of SPAWN style graphics kinda mixed with HULK but gameplay looks pretty good lots of gore and blood ....Although would of been a pointless game name if it didn't!

3. grubbymitts

Member grubbymitts GBAtemp Regular

Reminds me more of God of War - especially that short clip of the boss fight.

4. Triforce

Member Triforce GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Lame, it should have been a 2D or 2.5D scroller. Splatterhouse in 3D = instant fail for me.

5. xshoyz

Member xshoyz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You might want to wait until the game gets released, else you bite your tongue when you find out the 3D only enhances the experience.