Gaming Splatoon Demo Incoming! May 8 and 9, 2015!

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Gotta agree with Tigran, the roller isn't op, considering how easy it is to back up in both Inkling and squid form.
Anyway, still half-asleep, but ready to kick some more ass.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
This is so funtastic without the motion controls!

hx2629.jpg

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When the other team has like 3 rollers and you have none, you are really put at a disadvantage. Play both hours, hopefully I can play the last one.

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's only true if you stay in their path. While inking the walls doesn't give more points, it makes it really easy to avoid them by turning into a squid, and firing at their back straight after that. And since they take a bit to come back to the place they were at, you have a good amount of time to create your territory.

Kangaxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I liked the demo but I hate still hate the tablet controller. Why are we forced to use it? Why don't they allow the Pro Controller?! We could have the map on the TV/monitor screen, and the jump to team mate screen on the TV/monitor again, while we are dead.

Xuman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I can't choose a favorite weapon so far. I can use them all fairly good. Can't wait to stream again when the last demo pops up. Im still trying to find and defeat a labcoat.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
How do you guys use the sniper properly? How do I zoom in, if it's possible?

I was thinking of the CoD button layout but the left trigger is to hide & recharge than zoom in.

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried it out for a couple of minutes, not really my cup of tea. Might pick it up if i can get a used copy cheap, but certainly not for the full price.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well my 9 year old got himself up at 5:45 on a Saturday morning to play again. Loves it, already hounding me about the preorder and begging me to buy any dlc available.

So what do the Amiibos unlock on this game? Walmart only had the girl and boy available for preorder not the squid. Is it just clothes or actual game modes or content?

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well my 9 year old got himself up at 5:45 on a Saturday morning to play again. Loves it, already hounding me about the preorder and begging me to buy any dlc available.

So what do the Amiibos unlock on this game? Walmart only had the girl and boy available for preorder not the squid. Is it just clothes or actual game modes or content?
Clothes and missions, I believe. And there's no DLC proper, the game isn't complete as of now, but there'll be free updates every couple of weeks until August.

Tried it out for a couple of minutes, not really my cup of tea. Might pick it up if i can get a used copy cheap, but certainly not for the full price.
How can you judge a game by playing it for a couple of minutes ? Not trying to start an argument, I'm just curious.

LysergCooltyp

Trophies
XP
Country
How can you judge a game by playing it for a couple of minutes ? Not trying to start an argument, I'm just curious.
First impressions are important and if a game doesn't hook me up from the start, then i rather not spend any money on it.

LysergCooltyp

Trophies
XP
Country
Your loss then.
You are aware that you did start an argument, right?

If i don't regret not buying it, then it's not a loss. In fact i am saving money by not being interested enough. There will be dozen of people that buy Splatoon, ending up not liking it and if i should ever change my mind i can buy it from one of those people. Saying 'your loss then' is like getting butthurt over someone disliking your favorite boyband.

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You are aware that you did start an argument, right?

If i don't regret not buying it, then it's not a loss. In fact i am saving money by not being interested enough. There will be dozen of people that buy Splatoon, ending up not liking it and if i should ever change my mind i can buy it from one of those people. Saying 'your loss then' is like getting butthurt over someone disliking your favorite boyband.
You're the one getting pissy over what I said. I meant it in a "too bad for you" way, if you can't understand that, it's your problem, not mine.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Clothes and missions, I believe. And there's no DLC proper, the game isn't complete as of now, but there'll be free updates every couple of weeks until August.

The amiibos are physical DLC for what it's worth as without them you can't get certain content to use on the games although it's completely optional.

Shame though, the amiibos don't have upgradable gear which would make it a better deal than just clothes and missions. I'm going to play it online from day one so don't care about the missions.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really want to be excited for this game but my two grating issues keep me from buying this at full price

- No Wii Remote + Nunchuck control scheme (It's a damn shooter for Pete's sake! Who's bright idea was it to skip this?!)

- No ability to bring my Wife online with me. They want this to be the "Mario Kart of shooters" yet they neglect to add a option that makes modern Kart and Smash popular amongst casuals.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I really want to be excited for this game but my two grating issues keep me from buying this at full price

- No Wii Remote + Nunchuck control scheme (It's a damn shooter for Pete's sake! Who's bright idea was it to skip this?!)

- No ability to bring my Wife online with me. They want this to be the "Mario Kart of shooters" yet they neglect to add a option that makes modern Kart and Smash popular amongst casuals.
I'm disappointed that the main controller is only the GamePad I mean, it's ideal for players who're constantly jumping around the map but I prefer to roam around it so it doesn't really matter to me. As such, I'd prefer to use the Wii U Pro Controller / Wii Pro Classic Controller or give a try with Wiimoe + Nunchuk, the quick jump would still be possible by pressing the two shoulder buttons at the same time and so on.

Graphics: Great.
Gameplay: Smooth.
Controls: Still getting used to it.
Music: Really good too.
Story Mode: Who cares. :P

This is the type of game people will go straight to the online mode without giving the story mode much of a thought to play.

By the way, when you're waiting on the lobby the GamePad has a mini-game with the Squid which you jump until you reach the top. It's okay but nothing like Ridge Racer's mini-game before the actual game started. heh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk