Spirit Photo 3DS - Fatal Frame spinoff

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's kind of the perfect idea: match the Fatal Frame series, in which characters see and fight ghosts through a camera lens, with AR tech like that in the 3DS. And, if early reports out of the latest Famitsu are accurate, we'll soon get the opportunity to see if that idea is executed perfectly.

Called "Spirit Diary," the game interacts with an included "AR Notebook" whose functions are curently unknown. In the game, you and a young girl investigate the cursed book. Other modes include AR minigames and a battle mode in which players fight using "spirit pictures" of themselves.

It is currently unknown whether this game will be published by Tecmo, who handled most previous Fatal Frames, or Nintendo, who published the Wii Fatal Frame -- and then neglected to release it outside of Japan.[/p]

Concept looks cool

fatal_frame_wii_no_show_jd.jpg

Source

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
me too, although i imagined it not as an augmented reality title though. AR could work, but requiring an AR Notebook pretty much limits the AR features to that of AR Archery. :/ As such, with the title being tied down to maybe a couple of AR patterns, the AR feature might very well be just an extended mini game.

Gyro would've been so much better, giving the camera obscura solid visuals as background (supplied by the game), instead of gnarly grainy tabletops (supplied by the 3DS stereo camera).

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hopefully it comes, I bet Nintendo & Tecmo watched that video of "Fans Plea", the one with a guy whose voice we could hear all day long and not get bored. Well he (guy in video) said to release a Fatal Frame on the Wii, but here it's for the 3DS, fingers crossed for a localization.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Oh man, that pic is scary.

Is Fatal frame good? I like AR games, I still want System Flaw (The first DSi Exclusive game ever) But I can never find it..
I might get this
unsure.gif

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
ron975 said:

Is Fatal frame good? I like AR games, I still want System Flaw (The first DSi Exclusive game ever) But I can never find it..
I might get this
unsure.gif
Fatal Frame is great, it's not an AR game though.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
ron975 said:

I might get this
unsure.gif
I remember my cousin saying that "I played Fatal Frame II Crimson Butterfly with my room lights off (on PS2), I couldn't sleep nor play the game for more than 10mins, damn scary"

Of course that was long back, I'm not sure how scary the game is
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.