icebrg5

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does it matter on Mario Kart how you do the test?

Just pause the game during a race for XXX amount of minutes and then restart and see if it locks up at the end of the race or beginning of the next race

I originally paused it during the 4 race course thing.Paused it for over an hour.Started it back up and it let me finish the race and
start the next one but after the 2nd lap of the next race it froze and i had to reset the wii.

I then took the external drive apart and put it in my computer and ran hdparm on it and changed all the settings like the
posts about hdparm said to.

I then paused it for 30 minutes while doing a time trail race.Started it back up after and it worked just fine.

Im hoping this means my drive is now fixed.Or should i do another test with a different game to be sure.

Any advice would really be appreciated.This drive will be going to my parents house and they will have no clue if something freezes up.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the mariokart test didn't crash on my old drive, but then I still crashed on broken sword.. so I'd say you should just play and wait 'n see
smile.gif

icebrg5

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Any other recommendations?

Also on broken sword.Whats the test for it?
Just start a game and pause it and leave it for how long?

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
icpmattj said:
Any other recommendations?

Also on broken sword.Whats the test for it?
Just start a game and pause it and leave it for how long?

Not a test, just playing the game
tongue.gif
which is what the wii is for lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.