ROM Hack [Spider] ARCode

FrozenDragon150

Notorious Coffee Drinker
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Looked at the location in Awakening, no luck there. Gonna see if I can find it though. Also, I contacted Rey about it to see if he had any ideas. Just wanted to let you know that I'm trying to work on it~

(Whether he responds or not is yet to be seen.)

[Edit 1]
Looking at the area that code points to in Fates, it actually points to the menu options (Turn Skip, Autocursor, Volume values) in Awakening XD
Oh man xD there's a reason it didn't work.

And thanks btw :3 maybe the actual area isn't that, but it should work similarly

Dylan the Tactician

Trophies
Website
plus.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh man xD there's a reason it didn't work.

And thanks btw :3 maybe the actual area isn't that, but it should work similarly
I'm digging through the RAM dump I took, and I'm finding some seriously unsettling shit
Take a look a this-

Full_Picture_RAM.png
Cropped part that scares me
Cropped.png

There's more, but I'll only post more if I find something serious/relevant

[Merged Post/Edit 1]

Something Relevant!

Something_Relevant.png

[Edit 2]
I'm done for tonight, it's getting late and I have things to do tomorrow. I'll keep working on this though, It's more than piqued my interest at this point.

Last edited by Dylan the Tactician,
Reactions: FrozenDragon150

FrozenDragon150

Notorious Coffee Drinker
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I'm digging through the RAM dump I took, and I'm finding some seriously unsettling shit
Take a look a this-

Full_Picture_RAM.png
Cropped part that scares me
Cropped.png

There's more, but I'll only post more if I find something serious/relevant

[Merged Post/Edit 1]

Something Relevant!

Something_Relevant.png

[Edit 2]
I'm done for tonight, it's getting late and I have things to do tomorrow. I'll keep working on this though, It's more than piqued my interest at this point.
Wtf with the first one :wtf: is that actually on the RAM?

Also, the 2nd one doesn't show

Dylan the Tactician

Trophies
Website
plus.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Wtf with the first one :wtf: is that actually on the RAM?

Also, the 2nd one doesn't show
Yeah, that's all part of the RAM dump, I have no reason to be faking it. Hell, I can upload it if you want to look at it in HxD, the location is 03CD46D0.
Also, for the "important" stuff (That I actually don't know for a fact if it's important), location is 03CD41B0.
Rey still hasn't responded. I have a TON of homework to do right now, so I don't know if I'll be able to work on this over the weekend. I'm hoping I can get some time, but no guarantees.

http://tinyurl.com/go2j9h6
I promise on my account, it links to the file in google drive

I feel like I had something else to say, but I forgot it... If I remember what it was, I'll put it in as an edit.

(I don't know how to upload a file directly into this, so I just linked to a google drive upload? I guess? If someone wants to help me with that it would be appreciated)

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, that's all part of the RAM dump, I have no reason to be faking it. Hell, I can upload it if you want to look at it in HxD, the location is 03CD46D0.
Also, for the "important" stuff (That I actually don't know for a fact if it's important), location is 03CD41B0.
Rey still hasn't responded. I have a TON of homework to do right now, so I don't know if I'll be able to work on this over the weekend. I'm hoping I can get some time, but no guarantees.

I feel like I had something else to say, but I forgot it... If I remember what it was, I'll put it in as an edit.

(I don't know how to upload a file directly into this, so I just linked to a google drive upload? I guess? If someone wants to help me with that it would be appreciated)
don't waste your time, you get those kind of text on every game

FrozenDragon150

Notorious Coffee Drinker
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

Nah, I believe you :P

And don't worry, take your time :3

jerrmy12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
V1.01
Based on the Action Replay DS Code Types

Use ar2bin to convert a cheat code into a cht file. By default, arcode.bin will load arcode.cht from the root.

Should work on All Old 3DS FW 9.X versions except anything higher then 9.5.0-22.
Run with http://bit.ly/1LgLvSG (http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/rop/?LoadCode.dat&arcode.bin)

Limitations
Code only executes once. So no freezing values, or enable/disable with button combos while in-game.
16-bit conditionals do not currently include the masking feature.
Non of the code hacks work.

Offsets are based on the FCRAM dump offsets. ARCode will automatically add 0x14000000 to them.

AR DS ode type documentation http://doc.kodewerx.org/hacking_nds.html

https://www.mediafire.com/?gfkbqbsem0j4bi7

dump memory with this https://www.mediafire.com/?vp1sn61ow2i5ozz

dump memory with this http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/rop?memdump.dat&FCRAMx.bin (edit x for different mem dumps)

compiled code list https://gbatemp.net/threads/spider-arcode.383937/page-36#post-5435805

code database http://gbatemp.net/threads/spider-database-ar3ds-arcode-database-for-3ds.388252/
Since i can't find anything, how do i dump my memory? I'm on o3ds with 10.7 emunand with 9.2 browser

Dylan the Tactician

Trophies
Website
plus.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Since i can't find anything, how do i dump my memory? I'm on o3ds with 10.7 emunand with 9.2 browser
Basically, go to this QR code on your 3ds and be patient (Your 3ds will flicker like nuts for a while, this is normal).
chart

Credit to BeserkLeon
After it kicks you back to the home screen, you can:
A. Be a good boy and shut your ds off, and take your sd card nicely without chancing corruption
B. Rip the SD card out of the 3ds while it's still on (like a savage) (Only available if you're using a 9.x SYSNAND with a RETAIL CARTRIDGE)

Option A ensures safety of your SD, Option B ensures that the RAM doesn't shift between restarting your 3ds. This is honestly your choice, I prefer option B though, as it tends to be more reliable for the hacking side. Though I guess that's biased because I use a cheapo 1 GB SD (Do they even make those anymore?) when RAM injecting, because of the risk of SD Corruption.

Now, if you haven't already installed HxD, do so, and then follow my guide from the last page that I put in this spoiler because I spaced it REALLY LONG.
(Additional Steps)
0.1. Install HxD on your computer and download the FE13 RAM Excel Calculator HERE (If you don't have Excel installed on your computer, you can still use it by uploading it to a Microsoft Onedrive account)
(0.1.1. If you're lazy/didn't understand this written tutorial, just follow Rey's guide from HERE instead)
0.2. Dump your 3ds RAM with the game OPEN, in SUSPEND state

0.3. Eject your SD card from your 3ds and stick it into your computer's SD reader/ USB SD reader connected to your computer

0.4. Take the RAM dump off of your SD card and place it somewhere on your computer, then open it on your 3ds

0.5. Follow Rey's guide HERE to set up the Excel calculator for your own copy of Awakening (once you do all the steps two or three times, you start to get the hang of it and it becomes almost second-nature, also, the pause button is your friend). Once the calculator is setup, go on to the next section of this guide.
(0.5.1. If when using the Excel calculator and it automatically converts an address you're using into Scientific Notation, right click the cell, click "number format" and select "text" from the options. It should now work without converting it and screwing everything up ;D )
1. Open up this site.

2. Now convert your addresses to a cheat code.

If it's just one byte, you add a "2" to the address and " 000000XX" to the end. Eg. 0x134DE9C as a cheat code is 2134DE9C 000000XX.

For a string of two bytes, you add "1" and " 0000XXXX" instead. For four bytes, you add "0" to the front and " XXXXXXXX" to the end.

3. Then to actually change values, replace the XX(s) with the new value.

Example: If you're wanting to change one value at "0134DE9C" to "54", the final cheat code should be 2134DE9C 00000054.

Note: If you're editing a string of bytes, you will need to enter the values in reverse order.

4. After inputting all your cheat codes, the site will give you a QR code.

5. Open up your game again, then while the game is running, switch to the internet browser. Then scan the QR code you created.

6. The bottom screen will tell you the exploit is running and the browser will eventually crash. Your 3DS will tell you to power down again, but ignore it and return to your game. If successful, you should have edited the RAM and the changes will be instant.

Credit to VincentASM, whose tutorial I pretty much copy-pasted excluding a few minor edits. Credit link here
(That link to VincentASM answers quite a few questions, and also has links to what values indicate which skills/items. So yeah, before asking for those, visit there.)

If I missed anything, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
(Also, I REALLY need to work on that English paper now, so I'M SERIOUSLY GONE FOR A WHILE THIS TIME. I CAN'T AFFORD TO NOT DO IT ANYMORE.)

Last edited by Dylan the Tactician,

Midgetgirl05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I skimmed through...and didn't see any Bravely Second AR3DS codes. Would need them for US Region.

Only thing I'm REALLY interested in is the Max Villagers, and maybe max Unearthly Buns. (I think its 999 for the villagers? and the unearthly buns are normally not available til end of the game - they boost ALL stats by 1)

Any idea if anyone is interested on working on these codes? I'm still horrible terrible at trying to get my system set up to use Emunand and get the ability to spoof my system version to trick the game into thinking its 9.8 so I can play AND use the cheats at system version 9.2 for Stella Glow.

Exitium

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I skimmed through...and didn't see any Bravely Second AR3DS codes. Would need them for US Region.

Only thing I'm REALLY interested in is the Max Villagers, and maybe max Unearthly Buns. (I think its 999 for the villagers? and the unearthly buns are normally not available til end of the game - they boost ALL stats by 1)

Any idea if anyone is interested on working on these codes? I'm still horrible terrible at trying to get my system set up to use Emunand and get the ability to spoof my system version to trick the game into thinking its 9.8 so I can play AND use the cheats at system version 9.2 for Stella Glow.
I would but I don't have the American version and I have already played enough of the European version, that I don't think I want to start all over. I have produced codes for the EU version, but if anyone can give me 4 dumps with the values of say dump1: freelancer with 1 job points
Dump2: freelancer 2 job points
Dump3: freelancer 5 job points
Dump4: freelancer 8 job points.

Just need each dump to have the values specified for and I can produce codes for the US version.

Last edited by Exitium,

plushifoxed

I wanna talk more about kawaii stuff!
Trophies
Website
roxie.nyc
XP
Country
United States
Could somebody make a code for Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon (U) that forces any Pokemon to immediately become available (immediately removes the "CLOSED" sign/taking-a-break status)?

Also, is there any possibility of editing Pokemon who aren't your own's nicknames? I suppose that would be a bit better suited to a save editor type of thing, but, well, there isn't a save editor.

Exitium

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basically, both Bravely Second (E) (U) versions are identical
Story wise I think they are identical. But I don't feel like downloading it all over if anything I can try and play the guessing game and hope the codes I produce for the USA version work

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Story wise I think they are identical. But I don't feel like downloading it all over if anything I can try and play the guessing game and hope the codes I produce for the USA version work
identical, I mean everything except the gameid
Does that mean the EU codes will work for the US version
it should work if you try it at the beginning of the game since the address might change once awhile

Reiseconner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone link me to a part in a thread that gives or help gives already applied eternal seals in Fire Emblem Fates? I use AR codes so if there is already a code out there that I could use I would REALLY appreciate it.

Exitium

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Touching up on the stat part of your post I'm working on codes that will modify the stats of the characters so no need for unearthly bun farming

Reactions: Midgetgirl05

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think