ROM Hack [Spider] ARCode

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dukesrg dead?

i've used this to RAM dump for FE13 RAM hacking plenty of times before, but it's not working now.
No.
moved to dukesrg.dynu.net
chart

Reactions: Dylan the Tactician

Midgetgirl05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why dont any fea item codes work for me,nor money codes, only battle codes work!? why!? where do i launch ythe camera to scan the qr cosde? i mean at what point in the game do i scan the code?

Make sure you have the correct region for codes, and also make sure that you are in the file you want to use the codes in.

To use them, you have to be in your game file, and then hit the "Home" button on the 3ds to get back to the main menu. DON'T exit the game!! Hit both the L+R shoulder buttons to enter the camera mode, and then click on the "QR Code" button on the lower left corner of the touch screen. A box will show up on your viewing screen, and so you want to aim that box and get the QR codes picture in the box. It should be to the right of the code.

richardparker

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Make sure you have the correct region for codes, and also make sure that you are in the file you want to use the codes in.

To use them, you have to be in your game file, and then hit the "Home" button on the 3ds to get back to the main menu. DON'T exit the game!! Hit both the L+R shoulder buttons to enter the camera mode, and then click on the "QR Code" button on the lower left corner of the touch screen. A box will show up on your viewing screen, and so you want to aim that box and get the QR codes picture in the box. It should be to the right of the code.
nonono i wanna know where in the game do i hit the home button?

richardparker

Trophies
XP
Country
India
The home button is the button in the middle of the three at the bottom of the Old 3DS touch screen, and is the ONLY button on the bottom at the touch screen on the New 3ds
i mean that where in the game!? at what point in the game!? the battle or the support!? the map or the inventory!?

Dylan the Tactician

Trophies
Website
plus.google.com
XP
Country
United States
i mean that where in the game!? at what point in the game!? the battle or the support!? the map or the inventory!?
Fire Emblem Awakening is... Finicky.
I recommend doing the item codes on the linked page on the world map, with the main menu open, but not in any of the sub-menus (Support, Inventory, Save, ect.). As for character editing, you have to learn how to do that and make the codes yourself. This isn't me being mean or lazy, it's the truth. Spider ARCode is for injecting RAM into the 3ds, and everyone's RAM values are different.

There's a full article about injecting on FE13 here on serenesforest.

Reactions: Midgetgirl05

richardparker

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Fire Emblem Awakening is... Finicky.
I recommend doing the item codes on the linked page on the world map, with the main menu open, but not in any of the sub-menus (Support, Inventory, Save, ect.). As for character editing, you have to learn how to do that and make the codes yourself. This isn't me being mean or lazy, it's the truth. Spider ARCode is for injecting RAM into the 3ds, and everyone's RAM values are different.

There's a full article about injecting on FE13 here on serenesforest.

yeah thanks! i dont ewanna do any character ediutung,just needed a few master seals..

Midgetgirl05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dylan, thank you for responding. I couldn't afford to get these 2 games because of every thing else that came out that month and shortly after. Therefor I couldn't answer very well.

The games I had coming out were Pokken, Far Cry Primal (I managed to snag a spare steel book deluxe edition from my Game Stop! they let me return my normal edition due to "non functioning" and I just paid the extra $10 for the steel book XD! <3 my Game Stop guys)

Then I also managed to get one of the last reserves of CE Bravely Second. ^_^ SO MUCH EXCITE FOR THAT GAME!!

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
guys i have a question, do the ar codes work on cia files?
i tried with two games ( on sysnand and emunand ) and nothing changes.
on the 3ds games on my sky3ds it works perfectly.

stfb1055

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone can make a spider arcode or ntr plugin for inazuma eleven 3 lightning bolt, bomb blast, team ogre attack? it would be great! thanks

Dylan the Tactician

Trophies
Website
plus.google.com
XP
Country
United States
ok guys can you pls give me a link or guide on: how to create ar code? maybe using memodumpx

0. Dump your RAM (Random Active Memory) with the game you wish to edit open, in suspend state.

1. Open up this site.

2. Now convert your addresses to a cheat code.

If it's just one byte, you add a "2" to the address and " 000000XX" to the end. Eg. 0x134DE9C as a cheat code is 2134DE9C 000000XX.

For a string of two bytes, you add "1" and " 0000XXXX" instead. For four bytes, you add "0" to the front and " XXXXXXXX" to the end.

3. Then to actually change values, replace the XX(s) with the new value.

Example: If you're wanting to change one value at "0134DE9C" to "54", the final cheat code should be 2134DE9C 00000054.

Note: If you're editing a string of bytes, you will need to enter the values in reverse order.

4. After inputting all your cheat codes, the site will give you a QR code.

5. Open up your game again, then while the game is running, switch to the internet browser. Then scan the QR code you created.

6. The bottom screen will tell you the exploit is running and the browser will eventually crash. Your 3DS will tell you to power down again, but ignore it and return to your game. If successful, you should have edited the RAM and the changes will be instant.

Credit to VincentASM, whose tutorial I pretty much copy-pasted excluding a few minor edits. Credit link here

Reactions: darksweet

FrozenDragon150

Notorious Coffee Drinker
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Sooo, could anyone help me?

It's about a FE: Awakening code, to get all stats +1 on level up, there is one for Fates, tried porting it, but no dice ;-;

Anyone?

Dylan the Tactician

Trophies
Website
plus.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Sooo, could anyone help me?

It's about a FE: Awakening code, to get all stats +1 on level up, there is one for Fates, tried porting it, but no dice ;-;

Anyone?
Never knew this was a thing, and I didn't know you could rig the RNG system, though it makes sense. As for porting the code: Nice try, Fates and Awakening are VERY similar in coding, in Fates, character data is stored almost identically to Awakening, but not quite. Did you try it on Fates? Also, could you post the code in a spoiler, so I can take a looksee?

Last edited by Dylan the Tactician,

FrozenDragon150

Notorious Coffee Drinker
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Never knew this was a thing, and I didn't know you could rig the RNG system, though it makes sense. As for porting the code: Nice try, Fates and Awakening are VERY similar in coding, in face, character data is stored almost identically, but not quite. Did you try it on Fates? Also, could you post the code in a spoiler, so I can take a looksee?
This is it
03DD8218 E3A00000

It works in Fates, granting +1 on every stat with a growth above 0% upon level up. It's the same code for both the Japanese and USA versions of the game, as shown on the Fort website. It attempted to compare various codes between different versions of both Fates and Awakening, no dice :/

Dylan the Tactician

Trophies
Website
plus.google.com
XP
Country
United States
This is it
03DD8218 E3A00000

It works in Fates, granting +1 on every stat with a growth above 0% upon level up. It's the same code for both the Japanese and USA versions of the game, as shown on the Fort website. It attempted to compare various codes between different versions of both Fates and Awakening, no dice :/
Looked at the location in Awakening, no luck there. Gonna see if I can find it though. Also, I contacted Rey about it to see if he had any ideas. Just wanted to let you know that I'm trying to work on it~

(Whether he responds or not is yet to be seen.)

[Edit 1]
Looking at the area that code points to in Fates, it actually points to the menu options (Turn Skip, Autocursor, Volume values) in Awakening XD

Last edited by Dylan the Tactician,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1