ROM Hack [Spider] Animal Crossing: New Leaf RAM Editing Thread

Cey

full of bees
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, it's just I feel I'm getting nowhere. Others might have done something and know a little about it
It's so confusing because the bytes that look like they might do something don't change the tree and ds;klfjsd;f
Oh well I have to go to bed anyways. Maybe I'll have more luck tomorrow...

Trust me, I've spent days documenting blocks already -- and I mostly end up documenting blocks that aren't even what I was looking for but I came across them. Like Lel said, the best thing to do is dump multiple ram files of different towns with different stages and see where the difference is. That is the fastest way, and it's still tedious to do. Dump, unplug, tweak, compare, compare, tweak, inject, repeat, repeat, repeat.

Honestly, it CAN get very frustrating when you feel like you're getting nowhere (that's why I keep documenting blocks that aren't what I was looking for, because it's at least progress in the meantime). If you get too stressed, step back, take a break, try again later with a fresh brain. You might have some kind of insight that helps with a new day.

Cey

full of bees
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also how do I remove this Explorer's day standee that appeared out of nowhere? I tried the building seeder to remove it but the search engine keeps giving a yellow screen before crashing, and the Building seeder section says nothing about what that means.

That probably has something to do with a recent block you changed. That block may hold the data for the holiday standees? Or denote the event somehow. That is my first guess.

ewin00

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
umm....a bit out of topic. theres something i want to ask well theres some update file on animal crossing is it ok to update? does it have fw update on it?

Kippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel I am not the best person to find the size of the town tree, this is my first time doing something like this, and I think it is too difficult for a first-timer. I can say that what you need to do is find the number the town plaza is in the buildings section of the editor, and convert it from decimal to hexadecimal, then do the same for the coordinates. I had 12, so it was 0c and the coordinates were 40x38, which are 28x26 in hex. I found 0c at offset 49570 and the coordinates at offset 49550, but 0c did not appear in my other town file. Part of the reason I am giving up is because there seems to be no pattern or any clues to as what is what, there is barely any similarity to the bytes in save one and save two, even though one is a copy of the other, but with locations moved around and different tree sizes. I guess this is part of the process, but it is hard to know what to change the numbers to, and if I should change something like 44, or 59, and if that doesn't work, if it means none of the other 44s will work. I also am going on a trip for a few days and won't have access to my computer, making me an even worse candidate for something like this. I bit off more than I could chew, but I hope the information I gave will help. I don't think 00 is what will change it, as that seems to be the start of the growth cycle of the tree, and my tree is at stage five in my hacked save. F8 crashes the game when changed, and 00, 1B, 0D, 3B, 8E, 1F, 0C, 5C, and possibly a few others did nothing when I changed them. I thought it would be logical for 5C to change the size, it has C (the hex for 12) and a 5 (the growth stage of my town tree) in it, but alas, it did nothing when I changed it to 7C. It's hard, nobody has tried something like this, and I feel the more experienced hackers should do this one. I'm sorry for giving up, I just feel lost and confused, everything is so illogical when finding the town tree size. It doesn't help that I get impatient, and I'm tired of having my hopes crushed each time nothing happens. I'm sorry.

Reactions: Cey

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
Updating my todo list

- Change the island tour
- Move the big waterfall / place multiple waterfalls : ~
- Change the TPC birth date, registration date and dream code
- Change game's region
- Change the island map, place PWP/houses there
- Add best friends in the ram (need more tests)
- Change/complete the catalog
- Change the bug/fish encyclopedia

matrix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to successfully change my native fruit. I changed the hex and planted a perfect fruit, time travelled and the trees grew. Now I'm trying to find out if you cn change the color of the inside of the train station it that possible?

Cey

full of bees
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to successfully change my native fruit. I changed the hex and planted a perfect fruit, time travelled and the trees grew. Now I'm trying to find out if you cn change the color of the inside of the train station it that possible?

Ugh. I'm still working on locating the train station color and town hall color and grass shapes. It's not exactly intuitive; all of the places they were most likely to be, they have not been, and it's a one-byte-at-a-time change I have to test in order to isolate which byte is the correct one while having to randomly select surrounding bytes to test.

Cey's Been Working On:
Player Character Customization byte values
House Customization byte values
Town Hall Color
Train Station Color
Grass Shape
Villager Shirts

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I managed to go and send some furniture into blackspace while playing with room capacity.

(one of these items was a skeleton, it was just hilarious to me)

Also, house customisation byte values are in the "unidentified" section of marc's editor, the only reason i'm unsure about final tally is because i am dyslexic and may have skipped over a number while counting.

BananaForScale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh. I'm still working on locating the train station color and town hall color and grass shapes. It's not exactly intuitive; all of the places they were most likely to be, they have not been, and it's a one-byte-at-a-time change I have to test in order to isolate which byte is the correct one while having to randomly select surrounding bytes to test.

Cey's Been Working On:
Player Character Customization byte values
House Customization byte values
Town Hall Color
Train Station Color
Grass Shape
Villager Shirts

Any luck in figuring out if the waterfall can be moved from its original position? I haven't had any.

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm going to be pretty busy this week, due to my mom's birthday.

However, what I'm planning to do is to go and make a SAV of each house expansion, to see where the modifiers are. I have two suspects set of bytes right now, and testing has given me good preliminary results for the main room!

tumblr_nlyhjeLNr91r9tg4oo1_250.png

My prime suspect are those two guys at the time being. There is another offset that interest me, but there is few difference between my three towns, so I can't determinate if I got this yet.

EDIT: Well, my lastest tests are partially debunking these ones as being the right one. I'll get in further testing soon

Skorrupi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to remove the pavement from under the player house? I placed my house on the beach and everything is fine however the pavement stays at ground level. As in it floats above the door.

Skorrupi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I found where past villager data is stored it's at 3F17E-3F19D. They're in reverse so the first value will be for the most recent villager to have left.

DqXCmUB.jpg

Reversing the bits at the start means we get 7900 which is Molly (moved out yesterday) and at the end is 00DE which corresponds to Phoebe (first villager to move out). So in order of who moved out (starting at most recent) we have Molly, Mint, Sheldon, Bunnie, Hans, Gaston, Deirdre, Robin, Tutu and Phoebe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge