ROM Hack [Spider] Animal Crossing: New Leaf RAM Editing Thread

Cey

full of bees
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, thank you for posting these, however they weren't what I was looking for.
I remember either you or someone else replied to a girl trying to change her player's hair. The main problem I'm having is understanding which hex code corresponds to stuff like 0x26 etc. I know the 0x25, 0x52 etc etc are abbreviations for the hex file location, I just can't remember how exactly this translates to its whereabouts.

does 0x26 = row 00000260 or row 00000020 and column 06?
Oh, I know what you mean now! Yes, I was answering some questions on that. The second one is right. 0x26 is actually ROW 00000020, COLUMN 6.

You want this guide here: http://fantasyanime.com/save-state-hacking for a good explanation on how hex editing works. :) It will help you understand it a lot better.

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, I know what you mean now! Yes, I was answering some questions on that. The second one is right. 0x26 is actually ROW 00000020, COLUMN 6.

You want this guide here: http://fantasyanime.com/save-state-hacking for a good explanation on how hex editing works. :) It will help you understand it a lot better.

Ah that guide helped loads!

So one more time,

would this hex code
0x5C7BA be row 0005C7B0 collum A?

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
Yes exactly
Ah that guide helped loads!

So one more time,

would this hex code
0x5C7BA be row 0005C7B0 collum A?

Yes exactly

Too bad Kapp'n is not in his boat

1427733392-zlcfztldic4zefaevq.jpg

Reactions: Jarrad and Cey

Cey

full of bees
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's some fun photos from my hacking adventures:

(under spoiler tag due to group of photos to spare load time)

Features: Pietro Patiently Drowning

vSv6yvp.jpg

UHtGhGz.jpg

6YGabze.jpg

4TkUhy3.jpg

96ldeDH.jpg

RKZ7Urv.jpg

ld5UQj2.jpg

lbirKru.jpg

NXHLpDg.jpg

Xirt8tN.jpg

TUkZ5MZ.jpg

fGIsq1z.jpg

y4eBWr8.jpg

Reactions: Jarrad

x66x66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found player 2s house data. 0x590AC and 0x590B5 is the house size and it goes up to 590B40x and 0x590BD which is the mailbox. I'm adding it to the google doc right now

MasterLel

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
Can't move? So its just frozen there? Haha, man, thats perfect for a horror themed town

Yes ! I've burried a pitfall seed just under the character, it don't even works.

The train station works fine in the island, when you exit, you're in your town and you can move with no problem

x66x66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes ! I've burried a pitfall seed just under the character, it don't even works.

The train station works fine in the island, when you exit, you're in your town and you can move with no problem

Did you get the train station on the island with the building seed tool?

x66x66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I put it manually. Don't think that the building seeder would work there

Oh sweet. So do you just add the building hex value to the island ram section to put buildings/pwp on the island? For example if I wanted to put a zen train station where I currently have a coconut tree, I just replace the 0620 with a 5500 I'm guessing?

EDIT: I tried replacing the Lloid with my house (and moved the coordinates) and it froze. I probably did something wrong, but I dunno.

JJarmon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone found the hex codes for the colour of the train station, town hall, and shape of grass?
If not, I'll try and see what I can do but would anyone be willing to donate some of their files? I'd really appreciate it.

I would need a town with one or some of the following:
Green, blue, and red train station.
Blue and grey town hall.
Triangle grass.

Don't wait on me though, I'd be more than happy if someone with more free time could discover this, but the town files would really help!
Thank you!

MasterLel

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
No it doesn't work like that, you can't put buildings/pwp in the ground like you would put a flower with marc's editor. There is a special part for buildings where you put your pwp and their X/Y location. I localized where Lloid was, then replaced it with a pwp and move it in the middle. The map bloc seems to be also very small, you can't make your island as big as you town apparently.

ayaya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone found the hex codes for the colour of the train station, town hall, and shape of grass?
The grass shape is stored at offset 0x4DA01. 00 = Triangles (Squares in winter), 01 = Circles (Stars in winter), 02 = Squares (Hexagons in winter). I'm still looking for the station and town hall colors.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?