Themanhunt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello guys,

Looking to buy a 3DS battery that would allow me to pump out more hours of gameplay.

I have seen the Mugen 5800mah which won't work because (I think) it's designed for US consoles (which is 1v higher than EU consoles)

Also cant use the Nyko Power Pak+ because it's designed for US consoles.

Can anyone recommend me one before I am forced to buy an OEM one from Chinaland?

SandoLandl

Trophies
XP
Hi,

just buy a Nyko Power Pak+.
I´m here in Austria. Ordered it from the U.S.
Install the Pak and charge it with your original Powercord.
Works fine.

BrunoAlvesMontei

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've bought a 2000mha battery from dealextreme, it was pretty cheap (4 dollars), it's performance ain't so great (about 3~4 of 3D gameplay) but still.
The Nyko power pak does not fit perfectly, some part of the battery and you'll be not able to use some silicone or alumin protective.

SandoLandl

Trophies
XP
The Power Pak+ fits perfectly, i assume the Mugen 5800mah will also fit.
It just makes the 3DS bigger. You have to buy a new Case or Bag, and no Circle Pad Pro for us.

Themanhunt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Power Pak+ will blow my 3DS, it has too many volts for it. The Mugen is far too expensive at $100 as well, even though it operates at the correct 3.7v for my console.

Also noticed the 2000mha 3ds battery on DX, and that it's the same that tons of stores here in the UK sell.

BrunoAlvesMontei

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The Power Pak+ will blow my 3DS, it has too many volts for it. The Mugen is far too expensive at $100 as well, even though it operates at the correct 3.7v for my console.

Also noticed the 2000mha 3ds battery on DX, and that it's the same that tons of stores here in the UK sell.

It was the best costxbenefit for me, i didn't want the 3ds to get too big, i would propably lose my backplate.

SandoLandl

Trophies
XP
The Power Pak+ will blow my 3DS, it has too many volts for it.

I don´t get it.

You are from UK. I am from Austria. We have both the sam Voltage.Besides you can use every 3DS worldwide, just use the right Power Supply.
Our 3DS are the same, the only Difference is the Plug for the Power Source, why did the Power Pak+ didn´t fry my 3DS, or the Consoles from so many german Players??
You just change the Battery, use your own Power Cord, you will not fry it, this will not happen!

Themanhunt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Power Pak+ will blow my 3DS, it has too many volts for it.

I don´t get it.

You are from UK. I am from Austria. We have both the sam Voltage.Besides you can use every 3DS worldwide, just use the right Power Supply.
Our 3DS are the same, the only Difference is the Plug for the Power Source, why did the Power Pak+ didn´t fry my 3DS, or the Consoles from so many german Players??
You just change the Battery, use your own Power Cord, you will not fry it, this will not happen!

The American region of 3DS console uses 4.6/4.7v battery output, whereas our EUR ones need 3.6/3.7. I don't know why.

Nevertheless, I have kept my options open and sent the Nyko guys a email asking about this. Hopefully they can come up with a better answer than I. I am lost here.

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
The American region of 3DS console uses 4.6/4.7v battery output, whereas our EUR ones need 3.6/3.7. I don't know why.

Not true.

Nintendo 3DS Battery CTR-003

Nintendo's 3DS was released in Japan on the 26th of February. It uses a rechargeable li-ion battery with an output of 3.7Volts that's rated at 1300mAh 5Wh and can provides a measly 3-5 hours of battery life.
3dsbat.jpg

Themanhunt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Not true.

Nintendo 3DS Battery CTR-003

Nintendo's 3DS was released in Japan on the 26th of February. It uses a rechargeable li-ion battery with an output of 3.7Volts that rated at 1300mAh 5Wh and can provides a measly 3-5 hours of battery life.
3dsbat.jpg

Thanks for the info mate. I am going to wait for an email from Nyko before I go ahead and buy one though, just to make sure. My dad still is not convinced that it's okay to have a 3rd party device out putting 4.2v (corrected), compared with 3.7v out with default battery and neither am I tbf.

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the info mate. I am going to wait for an email from Nyko before I go ahead and buy one though, just to make sure. My dad still is not convinced that it's okay to have a 3rd party device out putting 4.2v (corrected), compared with 3.7v out with default battery and neither am I tbf.

It will run a 5v battery it has a protection circuit.

Reviews on nyko power pak+

Themanhunt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Also noticed on a UK sellers website that is says it's built for US and Canadian standards, and gives a warning for this. Will wait for an email from them.

http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movies-Music-Games/3DS-Charge-Base-By-Nyko/5763328/product.html

What about that site? 1.1k reviews on Google averaging out at 4.5 stars out of 5? Should I ignore the warning?

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
Also noticed on a UK sellers website that is says it's built for US and Canadian standards, and gives a warning for this. Will wait for an email from them.

http://www.overstock...28/product.html

What about that site? 1.1k reviews on Google averaging out at 4.5 stars out of 5? Should I ignore the warning?

http://www.overstock...28/product.html

overstock.com is a US Firm based in Utah, near Salt Lake City

D

Deleted-236924

The country should not matter.
In fact, the charger is supposed to convert the country's voltage to the voltage needed by the system.
I was able to charge my North American DS Lite perfectly when using an European charger in an European country.

Themanhunt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the responses. Im convinced that all 3DS models are the same, thanks for that.

Am now investigating prices, shipping costs, tax duties etc. Thinking of buying from G Dreamer on Amazon and shipping to the UK. Sent message about such things.

Themanhunt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay looking to get one now.

Seller has no clue how much duty tax I need to pay on the item.

Any idea on how much tax I would need to pay for the Nyko product?

Edit:

Think it's just the standard 20% VAT, bringing cost up to about £22 for the item. Will order it when I get my pay in 10 days.

Edit2:

Just bought one from Overstock. Scam price at £30 inc. P&P but that's America's attitude to international shipping I guess.

Miyako

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
battery related question:

Does the 3DS lose all its settings (time and date, username, internet connection settings) when the battery is taken out? I remember having to set up everything again whenever I took the battery from my DS Lite.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the clock is ran off the battery, so removing the battery will cause loss of clock and date settings

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o