Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/blob/master/thread/source/thread.c#L71
You should only need to compile/replace arm9.bin

strcopy() is already correct so you don't need to change that.
The best fix would be to modify strcomp() so that it behaves the same as strcopy().
Change (in lib.c):
Code:
int strcomp(char* s1, char* s2, unsigned int size){
  for(int i = 0; i < size; i++){
    if(s1[i] != s2[i]) return 0;
  }
  return 1;
}
To:
Code:
int strcomp(char* s1, char* s2, unsigned int size){
  for(int i = 0; i < size*2; i++){
    if(s1[i] != s2[i]) return 0;
  }
  return 1;
}
Yeah I see that now, wonder if there is a reason why strcomp doesn't double the size like strcopy does.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ok, so just the first instance then? i+=4 to i+=8? Leave strcomp() and strcopy() alone?
Better to use the solution I posted last, it's cleaner. But it will work to simply change the 4 in
"strcomp((void*)0x27B00000- i,(void*)L"Ver.",8)"
You should leave the i+=4 alone. It may work but won't really do anything except make the scanning a bit faster, and it may even break the patch.

Yeah I see that now, wonder if there is a reason why strcomp doesn't double the size like strcopy does.
Things like that are easy to miss. That bug has been there since the initial commit in August. Maybe he doesn't know about it, or maybe he just hasn't taken the time to look into it, since it's not important to functionality.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Better to use the solution I posted last, it's cleaner. But it will work to simply change the 4 in
"strcomp((void*)0x27B00000- i,(void*)L"Ver.",8)"
You should leave the i+=4 alone. It may work but won't really do anything except make the scanning a bit faster, and it may even break the patch.

Testing with updating strcomp() in thread.c now, if it works I'll try altering lib.c and revert the strcomp() change and see what happens.

edit:

editing thread.c did work. No more Reimont.

Gonna revert and try altering lib.c and see if it breaks anything.

Last edited by Aroth,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fix we're all waiting for! Someone answer!

When I reboot again after testing this fix im working on I will test the 3d.

edit:

@The Real Jdbye

The cleaner fix you suggested with lib.c doesn't appear to break anything, and it works to fix the issue with "Ver" being replaced with "Rei" everywhere.

Also, 3D works the same as always. Have to close and reopen the lid with it enabled after a reboot, like always.

Last edited by Aroth,
Reactions: peteruk

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not that important but a bit annoying when friends want to play with your console and dont know about the issue.
This was only semi ironic. I see that question countless times in my tutorial.

I wonder why region free is not implemented though. A bit of a pity. If it were I would probably switch completely.

Nayd03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This was only semi ironic. I see that question countless times in my tutorial.

I wonder why region free is not implemented though. A bit of a pity. If it were I would probably switch completely.
I noticed the irony xD Yes, I don't know if I should wait for the new rx version (rx has a 60% autobootrate for me) or if I should switch to reinand. First world problems I guess.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I noticed the irony xD Yes, I don't know if I should wait for the new rx version (rx has a 60% autobootrate for me) or if I should switch to reinand. First world problems I guess.
For me Rx boots at least 95% and I have my device on standby anyway most of the time. So I experience freezes not very often.

I would gladly switch to rei if it had region free. I know it's not a big deal to run freemultipatcher, but it's also not a big deal to boot to sysnand to play gba.

On a side note, if dsiware works, do ds cards also work?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I wonder, is it actually the non-existence of a firmware file that kept emunand 10.3 from working now? Or was it not possible to decrypt it for CFW use? I wonder what happens if I were to try running rxtools with the current rei firmware on 10.3 emunand. Probably black screen, but still curious.

I'm probably gonna switch to rei anyway today just to see how it runs. Emunand backup before and there's nothing to lose.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For me Rx boots at least 95% and I have my device on standby anyway most of the time. So I experience freezes not very often.

I would gladly switch to rei if it had region free. I know it's not a big deal to run freemultipatcher, but it's also not a big deal to boot to sysnand to play gba.

On a side note, if dsiware works, do ds cards also work?

I wonder, is it actually the non-existence of a firmware file that kept emunand 10.3 from working now? Or was it not possible to decrypt it for CFW use? I wonder what happens if I were to try running rxtools with the current rei firmware on 10.3 emunand. Probably black screen, but still curious.

I'm probably gonna switch to rei anyway today just to see how it runs. Emunand backup before and there's nothing to lose.

for ds cards just install flashcardtimewarp cia

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

From what I understand it was both the lack of a firmware file for us to use and the inability of the CFW to decrypt it if we had one. I know it was not just as simple as generating a new firmware.bin file for Reinand, he had to add crypto code as well.

for ds cards just install flashcardtimewarp cia

Make sure you actually use flashcardtimewarp and not just bluecardfix.

Bluecardfix is just a signed copy of the v0 revision of the whitelist, so the system sees it as being out of date and prompts the user to update.

Flashcardtimewarp is a spoofed (and thus unsigned) copy of an older revision (don't think its v0) that the system sees as being up to date so it will not prompt for an update.

The DS Card Whitelist file listed in the thread on that iso site with the update packages is identical to flashcardtimewarp as near as I can tell (appears to be the same file just renamed)

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean ds cards in Emunand. They don't boot in rxtools, one has to use sysnand.

Oh, yeah they work just fine. In fact, near as I can tell, EVERYTHING works right now.

DS carts will launch from emunand with no additional tweaking needed.
GBA VC games require that the title also be installed in sysnand, after that they will launch.
DSiWare games are the same. Install the title to sysnand as well, then they will launch from emunand.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes it's what i meant to, i installed the said file in Reinand emunand and my r4i card works great
Huh. My card works in emunand but blackscreens in rxtools. People always said it's rxtools fault, simply doesn't support. Damn. Make region free a thing now and I'll never use rxtools again.

Reactions: peteruk

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it's what i meant to, i installed the said file in Reinand emunand and my r4i card works great
he means retail carts.

In every build of rxTools since late october, DS carts in general do not load on emunand. Retail or otherwise.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh. My card works in emunand but blackscreens in rxtools. People always said it's rxtools fault, simply doesn't support. Damn. Make region free a thing now and I'll never use rxtools again.
Just tested my gw blue cart and it loads fine after I installed flashcardtimewarp.

Also personally tested DSiWare and GBA VC games earlier.

Just occurred to me that in all the hype no one tested the most important thing. Will new retail carts load :P

edit:

The answer is "YES!!!"

Now the question is whether I should recreate the few cias I had to fw spoof and install them without the spoof or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ to0fresh: i downloaded everyfile but the cheats are in chinese anyway i can change it?