Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to use both rxtools and reinand with the same emunand?

Depends on if you are on a N3DS or O3DS.

If you are on a N3DS and want to use the same emunand with multiple CFWs, you need to keep your emunand on 9.5 or lower. Right now only two CFWs work with a 9.6+ emunand and if you use them and update your emunand it will stop working with other CFWs.

If you are on an O3DS, you are fine. Update to 10.3 and use whatever cfw you want.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
I've put together some preconfigured SD card archives with all the tools needed to downgrade n3DS to 9.2, prepare sysnand, set up emunand, unlink nands, install ReiNand, update emunand to 10.3 and install menuhax to cold boot to emunand. I have also typed up instructions on how to do this. Once I get my 3DS back from hardmodding I'll go through this process and if all goes to plan I'll post up the instructions as a tutorial with the SD card archives attached. This will hopefully draw together all of the needed tools in one place with instructions on how to get from n3DS 10.3 sysnand to 10.3 emunand :)

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
This will only work if you have not updated your emunand past 9.2 yet.

Otherwise your only options are to inject fbi or devmenu into the H&S app, or start over again and try to remember to install a cia manager BEFORE setting up emunand.

You can do it also with decrypt9 & custom hs.app

+ Universal inject generator
it's user friendly :)

Decrypt9 was/is the solution :)
dumped hs.app and injected FBI.cia into hs.app with some tool i found on another site, renamed the H&S app with injected FBI to hs.app and injected that into emunand with decrypt9 again :)
Booted into emunand and started H&S app and it booted FBI, then installed FBI as cia :)

thanks for the tips!

[Edit]
I need a bigger SD then 16GB for this N3DS XL :P
I only used homebrew apps and retroarch emus with roms and i'm already out of space! haven't even installed a non homebrew cia.

Last edited by DjoeN,

Alpuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Depends on if you are on a N3DS or O3DS.

If you are on a N3DS and want to use the same emunand with multiple CFWs, you need to keep your emunand on 9.5 or lower. Right now only two CFWs work with a 9.6+ emunand and if you use them and update your emunand it will stop working with other CFWs.

If you are on an O3DS, you are fine. Update to 10.3 and use whatever cfw you want.
When 10.3 works for rxtools works, can I use both in n3ds?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've put together some preconfigured SD card archives with all the tools needed to downgrade n3DS to 9.2, prepare sysnand, set up emunand, unlink nands, install ReiNand, update emunand to 10.3 and install menuhax to cold boot to emunand. I have also typed up instructions on how to do this. Once I get my 3DS back from hardmodding I'll go through this process and if all goes to plan I'll post up the instructions as a tutorial with the SD card archives attached. This will hopefully draw together all of the needed tools in one place with instructions on how to get from n3DS 10.3 sysnand to 10.3 emunand :)

Make sure to check out my post here for a detailed list of titles that should be present on a 9.0/9.2 N3DS and their expected versions.

There are two files that will NOT be downgraded if you use one of the packs from that iso site, you will need to grab those files separately.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When 10.3 works for rxtools works, can I use both in n3ds?
Probably yes

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Decrypt9 was/is the solution :)
dumped hs.app and injected FBI.cia into hs.app with some tool i found on another site, renamed the H&S app with injected FBI to hs.app and injected that into emunand with decrypt9 again :)
Booted into emunand and started H&S app and it booted FBI, then installed FBI as cia :)

thanks for the tips!

[Edit]
I need a bigger SD then 16GB for this N3DS XL :P
I only used homebrew apps and retroarch emus with roms and i'm already out of space! haven't even installed a non homebrew cia.
The tool you got from some other site is on here. :P

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Make sure to check out my post here for a detailed list of titles that should be present on a 9.0/9.2 N3DS and their expected versions.

There are two files that will NOT be downgraded if you use one of the packs from that iso site, you will need to grab those files separately.
Is this needed even if the emunand is going to be updated to 10.3 and sysnand and won't be used? Also, are those two missing titles the same for EUR and JAP consoles?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this needed even if the emunand is going to be updated to 10.3 and sysnand and won't be used? Also, are those two missing titles the same for EUR and JAP consoles?
The titles might be different for EUR and JPN, I do not know. I can possibly check those shortly.

It might not matter since emunand will be updated to 10.3, but it is also possible that the two files in question are responsible for the random unexplained errors some N3DS users get. Not to mention the increased risk of soft-brick on downgrade.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The two titles in question are universal. The same title is installed on EVERY O3DS, 2DS and N3DS system in the world.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium

Nevermind, question was answered by @Aroth

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
The two titles in question are universal. The same title is installed on EVERY O3DS, 2DS and N3DS system in the world.
Great, thank you! So just to be clear, the two titles are the ones marked with #### on the table you uploaded:

0004001B00010802
0004009B00010402

Is that correct? And I'm guessing they should be installed immediately after downgrading so they also get transferred to emunand when it is created.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great, thank you! So just to be clear, the two titles are the ones marked with #### on the table you uploaded:

0004001B00010802
0004009B00010402

Is that correct? And I'm guessing they should be installed immediately after downgrading so they also get transferred to emunand when it is created.

Ideally they need to be included with any N3DS downgrade package and installed as part of the downgrade.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Can I hold it for a sec?