Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this, i wanted to do a deep exploration like this but didn't had the time yet. I'll take a closer look to update "safesysupdater".

Please keep in mind that this is only a USA region system. I have no idea if EUR or JPN (or KOR/CHN/TWN) have any other additional titles beyond what I found here. If someone with a factory 9.0 sysnand was willing to dump and decrypt their sysnand and send it to me, I could compare the titles and see if there are any others for those regions, but unfortunately I would be unable to verify the expected versions as I used FBI on my own sysnand to do that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So can I still install em on both nands just to be sure?

If your emunand is already on 10.3 then I would not install them because it might break something (since you are effectively downgrading them at that point)

cpasjuste

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Please keep in mind that this is only a USA region system. I have no idea if EUR or JPN (or KOR/CHN/TWN) have any other additional titles beyond what I found here. If someone with a factory 9.0 sysnand was willing to dump and decrypt their sysnand and send it to me, I could compare the titles and see if there are any others for those regions, but unfortunately I would be unable to verify the expected versions as I used FBI on my own sysnand to do that.

If your emunand is already on 10.3 then I would not install them because it might break something (since you are effectively downgrading them at that point)
Yes this is the problem, we need a complete title list from some stock 9.2 devices and downgraded one (ideally?). I'll write an app to dump this i think could be a good idea ?

Reactions: klear

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can't speak for the others, but the Pokemon one is weird since it shouldn't have needed anything 9.6+ in the first place.
Yeah i know, story of seasons is even older, while fantasy life is a bit newer, but alway an old game

Wonder if this has anything to do with the version string code patching anything with a "Ve". Might be patching more than just strings.
I don't think so, because they worked fine on rx-tools emunand 9.5, which has the string code too

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes this is the problem, we need a complete title list from some 9.2 devices (ideally?). I'll write an app to dump this i think could be a good idea ?

Going from 9.0 to 9.2 is not hard. The only two titles changed (and this holds true for all regions) were CVer and Home Menu. The CVer is common to O3DS and N3DS, but region specific, and Home Menu is unique for both O3DS and N3DS, as well as each region.

cpasjuste

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Going from 9.0 to 9.2 is not hard. The only two titles changed (and this holds true for all regions) were CVer and Home Menu. The CVer is common to O3DS and N3DS, but region specific, and Home Menu is unique for both O3DS and N3DS, as well as each region.
Fine ! :)

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i know, story of seasons is even older, while fantasy life is a bit newer, but alway an old game

I don't think so, because they worked fine on rx-tools emunand 9.5, which has the string code too

rxTools handles the string replacement differently. Its a much more complicated code, that is at the same time much more efficient and has no chance of affecting anything outside of the system version. Reinand uses a much simpler piece of code that at the same time has the potential to overwrite ANY string in the memory. The code itself was also slightly bugged and instead of looking for "Ver." it was looking for "Ve" and then replacing "VeXX" with the "Rei" string. This meant it was altering things like region names and game titles, as well as apparently plain text strings in memory loaded by games.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Last edited by zoogie,
Reactions: digiw0rx

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem.

The Badge Arcade... is SO addicting...

But I don't want to spend money...

But I can't cheat to get free plays because neither GW nor NTR support this yet...

*pulls hair*

Reactions: DjoeN

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem.

The Badge Arcade... is SO addicting...

But I don't want to spend money...

But I can't cheat to get free plays because neither GW nor NTR support this yet...

*pulls hair*
didn't you backup your emunand before playing with this? I did. Takes about 4 minutes to swap back to 9.5 and use GW :P

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
rxTools handles the string replacement differently. Its a much more complicated code, that is at the same time much more efficient and has no chance of affecting anything outside of the system version. Reinand uses a much simpler piece of code that at the same time has the potential to overwrite ANY string in the memory. The code itself was also slightly bugged and instead of looking for "Ver." it was looking for "Ve" and then replacing "VeXX" with the "Rei" string. This meant it was altering things like region names and game titles, as well as apparently plain text strings in memory loaded by games.

Yep, seen now in the source code. I'll test them again when Rei will fix it

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
didn't you backup your emunand before playing with this? I did. Takes about 4 minutes to swap back to 9.5 and use GW :P

I did, but I am also 99% sure the Badge Arcade won't work if I revert :P.

And we only call it a Whitelist because that's what it's referred to as by Nintendo.

edit:

Totally gonna try it though xD

Yep, seen now in the source code. I'll test them again when Rei will fix it

The arm9.bin file I uploaded incorporates the fix that was suggested. If you wouldn't mind testing it since you seemed to find the most problems?

Last edited by Aroth,
Reactions: peteruk

WallK

Get off my lawn
Trophies
XP
Country
So I still can install em on both nands just to be sure?

Nope, mine still on 9.5. What about sysnand tho?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, mine still on 9.5. What about sysnand tho?

Personally, if you have already downgraded and aren't experiencing any problems then I would leave it alone. Why tempt fate?

As for your Emunand, one of the two titles in question was updated with 9.5. Check the thread I linked for specifics.

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know this is a bit off-topic to the current progress, but I was wondering if Rei/or anyone else achieved autobooting CFW without HBL's debug screen? If not, is full implementation of Menuhax on the to-do list?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is a bit off-topic to the current progress, but I was wondering if Rei/or anyone else achieved autobooting CFW without HBL's debug screen? If not, is full implementation of Menuhax on the to-do list?

Not sure what you mean by full implementation of Menuhax, but I don't think anyone has managed booting *hax without the debug screen appearing.

Reactions: insidexdeath

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/N9my2YMne7M?si=_TD_FEoM-jb1yx7s ll killed a m&m