Mawgoomba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey,

I got my Wii connected to my tv with a component cable.
But I also want to connect it to my speakers (at the same time) so when if I want to have good sound I'll turn on my speakers and when I want it to be quiet I just leave the sound coming from my tv
wink.gif

The issue is, all my other devices have multiple outputs but the Wii doesn't.
Now my question is: how do I connect my wii to both tv and speakers?

Regards,

MawGoomba

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Sorry about that

Also that's what it does. One end plugs into your stereo and the wii cables plug into the other end of it. so the wii video will display on TV and sound will go to stereo.

Mawgoomba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mawgoomba said:
if I want to have good sound I'll turn on my speakers and when I want it to be quiet I just leave the sound coming from my tv
wink.gif

I know
wink.gif
but I also want sound coming from my tv if I don't want to have my speakers on.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mawgoomba said:
Mawgoomba said:
if I want to have good sound I'll turn on my speakers and when I want it to be quiet I just leave the sound coming from my tv
wink.gif

I know
wink.gif
but I also want sound coming from my tv if I don't want to have my speakers on.
well the sound will come out through TV also even with the stereo connected. So if you turn off the stereo like late at night you will still get sound from the TV =).

Also what you need is red/white cables like the pic i showed you but the male connectors on both ends so 4 male connectors 2 on each side. 2 go into the TV and 2 into your stereo.

Edit: If your TV only has 1 red/white input then you will also need to get a female to female splitter which looks like this

Nintendo_Chick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You need to buy/make 2 RCA Y adapters, male to 2 female.

If you buy it you will probably need 2 more basic male female cables as an extension.

I made some because radio shack didn't have any Y cables, and I had some extra cables, but they are cheap as dirt.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick one but many TVs have audio out these days (or at worst a headphone port).
Equally if you wanted you can usually attach a lead to the TV speakers and fire that out through the TV.

I am assuming you checked this but in case it was a "unable to the see the forest for the trees" moment you have this post.

Mawgoomba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
FAST6191 said:
Just a quick one but many TVs have audio out these days (or at worst a headphone port).
Equally if you wanted you can usually attach a lead to the TV speakers and fire that out through the TV.

I am assuming you checked this but in case it was a "unable to the see the forest for the trees" moment you have this post.

Ye, the audio out only outputs the tv channels not my hdmi, av inputs.
And I don't like the sound when connecting it to the 3.5mm port, but thanks for thinking with me
smile.gif

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
go an find some rca splitters, 2male/1 female this will solve your problem. run the male end out, from tv, plug rca end to female from wii, an then run rca to the reciever rca.auto in. if you have satalite, yea the have component rca. but while using the dvi for the tv, you can still use the auto out. run rca cables from auto out to reciever. both of these methodes will work. i have it done to mine. rca from cable box component/auto out, to reciever auto in. an my splitters are at the auto in on the cable box.

Mawgoomba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
shortz1994 said:
go an find some rca splitters, 2male/1 female this will solve your problem. run the male end out, from tv, plug rca end to female from wii, an then run rca to the reciever rca.auto in. if you have satalite, yea the have component rca. but while using the dvi for the tv, you can still use the auto out. run rca cables from auto out to reciever. both of these methodes will work. i have it done to mine. rca from cable box component/auto out, to reciever auto in. an my splitters are at the auto in on the cable box.

I think this does the deal:

1290430119RCA-AC23MSG.jpg

I think I just plug this into my tv, then the cables in from my composite cables then another one in that i'll connect to my speakers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1