Hacking Sorry about this,Gamma use to load games but now it doesn't

dejaskater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, First I apologize for making another topic like this, but I've been a lurker for like ever, and am no noob, but i've hit a few road blocks that I can't really explain or seem to fix.

Alright My wii is a launch wii, and ive been using gamma loader, and twilight hack since it was released, everything worked fine, but yesterday no matter what backup i put in, nothing works, if i use the gamma channel i get a black screen, and if i use gamma in homebrew channel, the game never loads and says error 324, the thing is ive used the games before and they worked find, no scratches or anything, they just stopped working, same goes for the gamecube backup, those no longer work either. Ive uninstalled/reinstalled the cios several times, tried everything i could think of, even upgraded and then redowngraded back to 3.2, and re-did everything all over again, and im pretty sure its not the discs, Ive had no problems with them before,and dont see any reason for my wii to just decide to stop reading them out of no where.
So if you have any suggestions, Im all for it. Thanks, oh and i do the cios through network installation.

dejaskater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamecube doesn't affect gamma in any way, and as I said, Ive had no problems before, so i doubt having a gamecube controller would affect it working completely out of no where...lol, thanks for the start though? If it had something to do with gamecube controllers plugged in, it would affect my retail games as well, which it doesn't.

dejaskater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea...I definitely said Ive done that in my first post, but thanks? but i'll say it again, Ive already uninstalled the cios and reinstalled it 2-3 times, same with mios.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does the error say error 324 (no cios)?
I think this error is generally due to cIOS not actually installed properly.

Did you do anything with your Wii before it stopped working?
Is it possible you upgraded something at some point then tried to uninstall/reinstall a cIOS but the installation didn't actually complete successfully? You shouldn't have to uninstall your cIOS before installing it again in the first place.

What did you do to upgrade and downgrade again?
Did you use an official update and not run IOS downgrader or something afterwards?

What gamma loader are you using?
Neogamma should be the most recent disc based loader I believe.

Do retail games work through your normal disc channel or the gamma loader anymore (is your drive dead)?
Could always be a hardware problem and not something wrong with your IOS.

dejaskater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
Does the error say error 324 (no cios)?
I think this error is generally due to cIOS not actually installed properly.

It says disc error 324, but doesnt say no cIos, and the Cios installed properly, I watched it complete myself, and as Ive said, it worked fine before, so thus the cios is fine.

Did you do anything with your Wii before it stopped working?
Is it possible you upgraded something at some point then tried to uninstall/reinstall a cIOS but the installation didn't actually complete successfully? You shouldn't have to uninstall your cIOS before installing it again in the first place.
I didn't touch the wii.

What did you do to upgrade and downgrade again?
Did you use an official update and not run IOS downgrader or something afterwards?
Ios downgrader, cios downgrader, 3.2u.

What gamma loader are you using?
Neogamma should be the most recent disc based loader I believe.
wiigators 0.3. But everythign worked fine
Do retail games work through your normal disc channel or the gamma loader anymore (is your drive dead)?
Games work fine in disc channel and backup loader, but i already said they did, read a few posts up.
Could always be a hardware problem and not something wrong with your IOS.

dejaskater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw those questions are rather pointless....seeing as they pertain to things that i did, AFTER it stopped working...

robman62

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the REASON i told you to take out gc stuff is because my gamma(as well as many others) stopped working when there was a gc memory card in slot 2.....Neo gamma fixes this but otherwise take the gc shit out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o