XP
Country
Canada
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-playstation-3/50276

There is the first part.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Looks like a ladies sex toy to me, even if it is a prototype, I dunno which is more rediculous looking, this or the old PS3 boomerang controller.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Its just a wiimote with wii motion plus. I dont see why people think this is gonna kill Nintendo. Nintendo will probably have WM+ out for a year and half before this ever releases.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The fact that it looks like a ladies sex toy is a positive
biggrin.gif

Looks pretty good. I don't own a PS3 but might grab one when the price drops.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
dinofan01 said:
Its just a wiimote with wii motion plus. I dont see why people think this is gonna kill Nintendo. Nintendo will probably have WM+ out for a year and half before this ever releases.

Looked a hell of a lot better than the Motion Plus display to me. Compare him shooting the bow to the Nintendo guy doing the Wii Sports Archery. Also I haven't heard anybody saying that this is going to "kill" Nintendo. I think I heard some Xboxfriends saying how Natal was going to, but I haven't heard anything from Sonyfans.

QUOTE(cubin' @ Jun 3 2009, 02:58 AM) Looks pretty good. I don't own a PS3 but might grab one when the price drops.

Same.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raiyu245 said:
cubin' said:
biggrin.gif

All it needs to do is vibrate now.
rolleyes.gif

And PS3 price drop? Are you insane? Sony only cares about the money!
laugh.gif

That is why they need a price drop. A high price doesn't make money when you aren't maximizing your units sold. I'm willing to pick up a ps3 if they lower the price down to $199 and announce the Slim, which we all know they have in their pockets. I'm thinking this is something that they will be announcing at TGS rather than E3 since they tend to have a much better Japanese audience.

I'm hoping there's a serious redesign for the motion controls because that thing looked ridiculous. However, the execution was pretty good. There were little things that made the demo interesting and far superior to the Wii Motion+, even if Nintendo fans aren't willing to admit it and was not really shown on the Natal demo. Little things like the ability to sense pressure when drawing gives some instant fidelity to the control also noticed how during the archery demo the guy was moving the control to the back like he was really pulling arrows out of a quiver, that's pretty impressive, or the ability to literally head track like when he was in FPS mode. I don't think that can be done on the Wii because of how it's set up.

What a lot of people don't realize is that the way Sony implemented is similiar to how that Johnny guy was able to do headtracking with the Wii.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
dinofan01 said:

Looked a hell of a lot better than the Motion Plus display to me. Compare him shooting the bow to the Nintendo guy doing the Wii Sports Archery. Also I haven't heard anybody saying that this is going to "kill" Nintendo. I think I heard some Xboxfriends saying how Natal was going to, but I haven't heard anything from Sonyfans.

QUOTE(cubin' @ Jun 3 2009, 02:58 AM) Looks pretty good. I don't own a PS3 but might grab one when the price drops.

Same.
You can do the same thing with two remotes. A nunchuck is different from a wiimote especially with wm+. I've heard alot of people claiming this will kill nintendo. Not may here though. GBAtemp members have alot more common sense then other sites luckily.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it does look like a "ladies sex toy." Definitely needs to be heavily redesigned before it hits the market.

And it's just a shameless ripoff of Nintendo's Wiimote and Motionplus. I stopped watching after the guy missed his second serve, because no one's that bad at tennis; the control just sucks.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Looks cool.... but I would prefer the wm+ more..... The stick has a ball on top... cute.... but funny. The unveiling of project natal and this pretty much shows how succesful the wii is..... But the wii has nintendo developed games which IMO is a plus. Imagine... God of War using motion sensing..... lol I wouldn't want to play it.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i.Domination said:
Imagine... God of War using motion sensing..... lol I wouldn't want to play it.
I could imagine using one of the sticks to rip open the stomach as the guts come out
smileipb2.png

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I'm impress how the motion controls enables you to write; not easily done with a Wii remote.

Also this just SCREAMS shovelware onto the PS3; just you wait.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Canonbeat234 said:
Well I'm impress how the motion controls enables you to write; not easily done with a Wii remote.

Also this just SCREAMS shovelware onto the PS3; just you wait.

Thats why the wii can survive, because of shovelware. Actually also because of the quality Ninty titles.

QUOTE(Joe88 @ Jun 3 2009, 12:44 PM)
ohmy.gif

This is the perfect description for what the stick will add to GoW. Maybe we'll see "Doki Doki Evolution" on ps3 with this stick
smileipb2.png

L

Lyuse

Raiyu245 said:
cubin' said:
biggrin.gif

All it needs to do is vibrate now.
rolleyes.gif

And PS3 price drop? Are you insane? Sony only cares about the money!
laugh.gif

Implying that other companies don't care about the money
rolleyes.gif

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have to say, that this Sony Motion Controller looks better then the Wiimote with Motion+ in its current form (which obviously is very alpha-ish), because of 1:1 motion controls. Motion+ is certainly more precise then the Wiimote without it but still has the delay, as seen in EAs PGA game (lags very much as far as I can tell from the videos I`ve seen) or RedSteel2...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.