Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aerith revive DLC for $49.99
facepalm.gif

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
add online play for all the old 2-4 player DLC games and i'm sold to buy more then i have.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
add online play for all the old 2-4 player DLC games and i'm sold to buy more then i have.

Add functionality as DLC that has been demonstrated in emulators for over a decade at this point.... now that is Sony thinking*.

*I can imagine the ESRB would want to stick their nose into things with "online actions not rated by ESRB" so there may be a legit, if stupid legal nonsense, reason.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I doubt it'd be any terribly original content, no one is going to dust off the Final Fantasy VII engine to make VII-2 or something, but as DJPlace said multiplayer functionality is a pretty strong option (I think they had a patent for that a while ago but don't quote me on that) and maybe some things like texture packs or even added functionality, like the PS4's camera and Move controller or whatnot.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Instead of replaying the same level or completing the same missions repeatedly, gamers often desire new challenges when replaying legacy games.
I didn't know gamers went back to the old games hoping for something "New"! I figured if people wanted to experience something they haven't before they would play a "New" game?!

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know gamers went back to the old games hoping for something "New"! I figured if people wanted to experience something they haven't before they would play a "New" game?!

I think it's referring more to gamers wanting new content for the older games, not expecting a new experience when playing them ie. Playing Crash Team Racing and wishing Naughty Dog would develop more levels/racers.

Oswarlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's referring more to gamers wanting new content for the older games, not expecting a new experience when playing them ie. Playing Crash Team Racing and wishing Naughty Dog would develop more levels/racers.

Definitely this. There are quite a few games for older consoles... and lets be honest, newer consoles and even PC where "more of the same" would be a definite buy. A new experience is cool sometimes, but more CTR just like it is? I can't throw enough money at my monitor for this.
Also like mentioned above, online co-op for some of the old local co-op games would be just golden. Sadly, we are likely to only get achievements or something along those lines. Licensing probably stops a lot of potential good new anything for these games.

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
Trophies
XP
Country
This could also be about the PS3 games on PS4. Pretty sure Sony were talking about emulating them through Gaikai so if thats the case, it could just be so they can add DLC to the emulated games.

D

Deleted User

huh, so I guess Sony liked Nes Remix and wants their own spin on it
let's see how it will go

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
as long as they don't make the game harder or more punishing and offer a way to purchase a "bucket of lives" or other crap like that I'm fine with it. HOWEVER...this is STILL pushing my nostalgic nerve...and I think this COULD add more re-play value if done right. Sadly this is just for money. so I doubt they will actually do what fans want. *looks at posts above about Spyro and Crash*

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Square did it before on the Wii VC, for the Japan-only Romancing Saga 2 for the Super Famicom. First Wii VC game to have content added (actual new items, as opposed to the minor censorship for earlier games) and...
Of course they added New Game Plus as DLC for 150 Wii Points. Four bonus dungeons are priced each 200 Wii Points and have loads of expensive items. Of course a bug that made earning money easier was removed.
Let that sink in a little bit. Paid DLC for a SNES game. In the first opportunity they could manage of course.

Do you really think this won't get abused? I'm already seeing games butchered to pieces with all of the bonus levels/dungeons/items removed from the main story and made DLC.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I doubt this will be implemented, it's only a patent to secure the rights and get some royalty money from other companies who want to implement it (I hope they don't utilize it either).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1