Sony Europe plans to give free PS3/PSP games

Slyakin

See ya suckers
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In response to the big outages, Sony Europe plans to give out some free games!
smile.gif

Sony will apologize to its PlayStation Network account holders in Europe by handing out free games, the company announced on its official blog today, while it sorts out the logistics of its identity theft protection program. So, what will you get, Europe?

"We will be offering PSN users the opportunity to select two PS3 games from a list of five, as well as offering PSP users the opportunity to choose two games from a list of four," writes Sony Computer Entertainment Europe communications head Nick Caplin. "We will let you know exactly what games are available very soon."

SCEE has been generous in the past with giveaway games, handing out free first-party titles to PSPgo investors in 2009. We would expect first-party downloadable titles to be on offer as part of the "Welcome Back" effort too.

Yesterday, Sony Computer Entertainment America outlined its plans to offer free identity theft protection to its PlayStation Network members for up to a year. SCEA said it's working on its make-good program, "evaluating ways to show appreciation for your extraordinary patience as we work to get these services back online."[/p]

icon11.gif
Source from Kotaku

1234turtles

Memer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have they even announced when psn is coming back online or how theyre going to deal with the supposed hack on may 7th and yet they are already promising games.

gameandmatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
First complaining and bitching about Sony and now you want free stuff? Weird.

Um if you didn't notice when the people were complaining and bitching, they were also saying that they Sony better give some sort of bonus ( such as free games, x amount of money added to their account, etc.).

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
sinharvest24 said:
WiiBricker said:
Not everyone was complaining/bitching against Sony, i for one will be loyal until they actually do something that's not in my favor.

I'm sorry, I didnt mean you, but all the anti-sony kids here.

gameandmatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
sinharvest24 said:
WiiBricker said:
Not everyone was complaining/bitching against Sony, i for one will be loyal until they actually do something that's not in my favor.

I'm sorry, I didnt mean you, but all the anti-sony kids here.

You mean the people who prefer Sony over Microsoft but the moment something goes bad for Sony, they switch to Microsoft in a heartbeat.

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
Slyakin said:
In response to the big outages, Sony Europe plans to give out some free games!
smile.gif

Yesterday, Sony Computer Entertainment America outlined its plans to offer free identity theft protection to its PlayStation Network members for up to a year. SCEA said it's working on its make-good program, "evaluating ways to show appreciation for your extraordinary patience as we work to get these services back online."[/p]
I feel sorry for the Americans if that is all they end up with. Not Sony Europe's fault of course but nonetheless it seems a bit unfair if they decide to leave it at that.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Interested to see what games show up on the list, hopefully they're some AAA titles and not just some budget ones from three years ago. Then again, I'd have to hope SCEA offers the same deal for us in North America.

B3astinSnipes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If us americans get free identity theift as their "welcome back gift" thats just a complete dumb move on sonys part...not every psn user is a adult.think about the gamer community in general apects..give us free games like europe which makes people happy...by giving free identity theift although good for some its not fair..they cant just give one certain group(pertaining to older people)something benefical while we the younger/teenage gamers get say just free psn plus...which i do say isnt that bad..but everyones getting that anyway..

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure I might look at identity theft protection from someone who fucked up something that simple. Free games, though....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok