naved.islam14

Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™
Trophies
XP
Country
ishdeepsingh said:
Adr990 said:
Lol that's greedy.

They gave 10 games for free with the PSP GO..

And seriously.. 2 games out of 5/4 they select their selfs.. like.. there probably won't be Uncharted or anything like that to download for free. (besides everyone already has it. ... hmm good reason to select that on for free give away.)
lol its like they give out games like bejeweled, elefunkk, or lemmings
biggrin.gif
cheap games
Maybe.

Wish I had two PSN accounts.

EpicJungle

stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Then Americans will be outrage at not getting free games,
then we'll end up getting some free games too, righttt...?

(he said hopefully)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sony has confirmed that a "PSN Welcome Back" package will be available worldwide including a few downloads, 30 days PSN+ and 30 days Qriocity (possibly only for existing subscribers of Qriocity). This announcement is just SCEE (i.e. Europe branch) saying the form their free downloads will take. Every region will be getting the free content from my understanding of the original announcement a few weeks ago.

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
naved.islam14 said:
ishdeepsingh said:
Adr990 said:
Lol that's greedy.

And seriously.. 2 games out of 5/4 they select their selfs.. like.. there probably won't be Uncharted or anything like that to download for free. (besides everyone already has it. ... hmm good reason to select that on for free give away.)
biggrin.gif
cheap games
Maybe.

Hey, what do you know? I do! Maybe I'll manage to get all of the games on offfer... or maybe it'll be only two games downloadable per system. Either way, FREE STUFF!

leeday100196

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shakirmoledina said:
u can imagine the intensity and magnitude of the event that has occurred which has forced sony to dish out the best of the things they can
Doesnt mean they're going to give out the best, just means they're going to give out games which they think will meet the standard needed to compensate for time lost.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
leeday100196 said:
naved.islam14 said:
ishdeepsingh said:
Adr990 said:
Lol that's greedy.

biggrin.gif
cheap games
Maybe.

Hey, what do you know? I do! Maybe I'll manage to get all of the games on offfer... or maybe it'll be only two games downloadable per system. Either way, FREE STUFF!

I'd assume it'd be per account. I have a good 4 accounts, but I'm in the USA. Hopefully, they might do something like this here.

leeday100196

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Devin said:
leeday100196 said:
ishdeepsingh said:

I'd assume it'd be per account. I have a good 4 accounts, but I'm in the USA. Hopefully, they might do something like this here.
I hope so too. I'd get everything free if there were four or five games to choose from, because I have five accounts on the one system (two are mine, one is mum's, one is my sister's, one is my dad's).

Stewy12

Trophies
XP
Country
Stewy12 said:
Little Big Planet, Ratchet & Clank..........
rolleyes.gif

I fucking new it!!

QUOTETwo PS3 games from the following list:
LittleBigPlanet
Infamous*
Wipeout HD/Fury
Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty
Dead Nation*

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/05/16/...r-scee-users-2/

Edit: They've removed the post so the link is borked, that was the list of PS3 games that you could choose 2 from, also 1 month free PS+ for non subscribers and 60 days for PS+ users already...

Edit 2: It's back up

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stewy12 said:
Stewy12 said:
Little Big Planet, Ratchet & Clank..........
rolleyes.gif

I fucking new it!!

QUOTETwo PS3 games from the following list:
LittleBigPlanet
Infamous*
Wipeout HD/Fury
Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty
Dead Nation*

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/05/16/...r-scee-users-2/

Edit: They've removed the post so the link is borked, that was the list of PS3 games that you could choose 2 from, also 1 month free PS+ for non subscribers and 60 days for PS+ users already...
I'm quite jealous. I hope the US gets some PS3/PSP games.

I'd love a copy of inFamous and Wipeout Fury.

Stewy12

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I suppose they're not gonna please everyone but loads of people must have LittleBigPlanet, only ones I aint got are Dead Nation and Ratchet & Clank but mustn't grumble really

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Post back up: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/05/16/...r-scee-users-2/

QUOTE said:
For those with PSP accounts, you will also be eligible to download two PSP games from the following list:

LittleBigPlanet PSP
ModNation PSP
Pursuit Force
Killzone Liberation*

(The games with asterisks (*) seem to be unavailable in Germany for whatever reason, and there are substitutes for them)

I'm reasonably happy with the PSP games, I have two of them but the others look at least half decent (I'll be downloading ModNation and Killzone). Note that Killzone will not have online play (seems a little mean, but whatever). EDIT: Seems you may be able to add it by installing an official patch from an "unofficial" source.

And the terms:

QUOTE1. For eligibility for the welcome back programme consumers must be an account holder on 20 April 2011. Specific details about these offers and eligibility requirements will be posted as the services go live. All existing PSN registrants have 30 days from when the welcome back programme goes live to redeem their content.
2. For the German market, InFamous and Dead Nation will be replace with Super Stardust HD and Hustle Kings in the selection of PS3 games.
3. For the German market, Pursuit Force and Killzone Liberation will be replaced with Everybody’s Golf 2 and Buzz Junior Jungle Party in the selection of PSP games. Killzone Liberation will not offer online gameplay functionality.
4. Access to the 30 days free PS Plus subscription is only available for those countries where PS Plus is offered. You will have access to the PS Plus content planned for May for 30 days. Access to the free games and exclusive features finishes at the end of the 30-day subscription period. Anything you buy with exclusive discounts, dynamic themes and premium avatars are yours to keep forever.

So you need to have had an account when PSN went down to get free games.

Darn, just realised I may have to get a bigger MS to hold these two games along with my current downloads...wonder how big they are?

EDIT: Some people on the PS Blog are asking about users with a PSP and a PS3, but no answer has been given...I wonder if they'll get two from each or two in total? Not relevant to me, but I'm sure there are plenty to whom it is relevant.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
DaRk_ViVi said:
QUOTE said:
Access to the free games and exclusive features finishes at the end of the 30-day subscription period.

This is the best part. Sony fails hard again.
THat's the PSN+ content NOT the games they're giving away. PSN+ members get free games every month I think... can't remember the full details. But once their subscription finishes they lose any PSN+ games

Stewy12

Trophies
XP
Country
SifJar said:
[EDIT: Some people on the PS Blog are asking about users with a PSP and a PS3, but no answer has been given...I wonder if they'll get two from each or two in total? Not relevant to me, but I'm sure there are plenty to whom it is relevant.

QUOTE said:
can folks with ps3?s and psp’s get 2 games for each platform or a total of 2 between them?

You’ll get two games for each platform

US users also get some free movie rental by the looks of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nobody is reading what you post.