Sony confirms PlayStation Network hacked

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Do we really need to know who? The very idea behind a good hack is *not* getting caught/recognized. Whoever BOASTS about his/her hacking exploits is a *retard*.

I noticed something quite funny and slightly hypocritical going on here - everybody hates Sony now and says that they're "booo" and should pay for what they've done to poor Geohot, who infact did break the law by altering copyrighted code. For whatever purposes he did that, he broke the law.

Now that someone actually *does* something againts Sony, everyone's "booo, they took our PSN off, how will we ever play our gaaamez?".

The way I see it, you can't "eat the cake" and "still have it".

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
I myself always find funny when some 19 year old guys in their mother's basements do this kind of shit to big companies.
wait, what would 19 year olds be doing in their mothers' basements? and what does that have to do with anon hacking PSN?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Shabutie78 said:
Ikki said:
I myself always find funny when some 19 year old guys in their mother's basements do this kind of shit to big companies.
wait, what would 19 year olds be doing in their mothers' basements? and what does that have to do with anon hacking PSN?

Because hackers are usually no-lifes, confined to their computer groto and living with their parents because they have no actual job to support themselves. Other than hacking. And stealing monnies from hacked accounts if they're the EVIL hackerz.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shabutie78 said:
Ikki said:
It's a running joke that Anonymous doesn't really do much besides internet protesting. It's also common to call people that browse the internet basement-dwellers, because they spend too much time here to get jobs.

EDIT: Ninja'd. Kind of.
tongue.gif

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shabutie78 said:
Ikki said:

Uh living. Its hard as fuck to move out when your 19, even if you have a job. Its so expensive.

P-CHYLD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:
Because hackers are usually no-lifes, confined to their computer groto and living with their parents because they have no actual job to support themselves. Other than hacking. And stealing monnies from hacked accounts if they're the EVIL hackerz.
I have my own 2 bedroom apt, I don't live in my parents basement, I have a daughter, and I worked from 11pm til 8am.
So I do have a life for the record, me and others just like me.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
P-CHYLD said:
Foxi4 said:
I have my own 2 bedroom apt, I don't live in my parents basement, I have a daughter, and I worked from 11pm til 8am.
So I do have a life for the record, me and others just like me.

Don't pay any attention to it. It's just stereotyping. Just like calling every Muslim a terrorist.

D

Deleted-236924

Weren't they saying they just had some technical problems a few hours ago?

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
sinharvest24 said:
Still don't get why people are hating on Sony...

Because they are greedy and flipped shit over their system having homebrew enabled.

"OMG HOMEBREW WE HAVE TO STOP IT"

If they were REALLY after piracy, they wouldn't have targeted Geo because he had NOTHING to do with the piracy that followed.
Enabling arbitrary code execution = enabling piracy.

If someone discovers and publishes an exploit that allows you unauhtorized root access to a remote Windows box, not with the intention of helping the platform maintainer, but rather to enable others to take advantage of that exploit, is that person in the right? Should we rise them up as giants on our shoulders for giving other hackers the right of way to being detrimental to the platform?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so it's no anon's doing i thought it was then what the fuck is it? i sold something for mortal kombat and after 24 hours PSN goes fucking dow JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!! this is bull sony it's been three days stop jacking off to playboy's and get your fucking ass's in gear. back on topic any way i'm glad i got AH3 and fancy pants but still PSN is my life for playing online god man just god damn...

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
syko5150 said:
Foxi4 said:
WiiBricker said:
Oh boy, so much bullshit. Can someone please enlighten this poor guy already? >_>

I'm afraid that you're the ignorant one here, since you can't accept the simple fact that this is how it works where I live. Are you Polish? Do you know anything about the Polish law? No? Well then why are you calling this bullshit?
It doesn't matter what your country laws are you're still illegally downloading someone's intellectual property which is in fact illegal.

It DOES matter what country you're in. The United...correction "Corporate" States of America is not the whole fraking planet! I hate it when people from my country act as if U.S. law is the law of the world *rolls eyes* Seriously people! Copyright laws are NOT the same everywhere.

Beige

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, Sony, you annoyed nerds on the internet. Unfortunately for you, you annoyed the wrong crowd. If you didn't get so butthurt about someone getting into your system, then maybe you shouldn't have made claims about how secure your system was in the first place. Easy way to magnetize hackers looking for a challenge.

People will say that this isn't Sony's fault, but it is.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
QUOTE said:
It DOES matter what country you're in. The United...correction "Corporate" States of America is not the whole fraking planet! I hate it when people from my country act as if U.S. law is the law of the world *rolls eyes* Seriously people! Copyright laws are NOT the same everywhere.
I thought that was already established. I posted an excerpt from the Polish Copyright Law already, clearly stating that I can, in fact, have as many backup copies as I see fit as long as I posses the original software in question. Nobody will ever go into details how said software was obtained because I *can* have it. I'm fairly certain that the exact same document also states I can download it, but I don't feel like looking through slabs of text just to prove someone wrong - it's the person I'm discussing with that's supposed to find counter-arguments.

Yes, not every place on earth is a State in the US. It's time to move on.

P-CHYLD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
This is why the pirate bay (HAS NOT BEEN SHUTDOWN) because laws are different in other countries.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1