Sony allegedly hacked by Ransomed.vc group

1695657515555.png

A relatively new group of hackers known as Ransomed.vc, which seem to have started during September, 2023, has released a message claiming to have gained access to all of Sony's systems.

According to the released message by the hacking group, they breached Sony's security and have gained access to their data, with a couple of links to what seems to be the file tree of the breached files as evidence, which amounts to around 6000 files listed in the tree, as well as a sample of the data obtained by the group. No further information was detailed on what else they might have hacked or if the data itself is for website data only or if other areas have been affected.

Ransomed.vc's Message said:
RANSOMEDVC
We offer a secure solution for addressing data security vulnerabilities within companies. As penetration testers, we seek compensation for our professional services. Out operations are conducted in strict compliance with GDPR and Data Privacy Laws. In cases where payment is not received, we are obligated to report a Data Privacy Law violation to the GDPR agency!

News: SONY.com data and access for sale
NOTICE: Downtime has been resolved, very sorry! PS: We need affiliates :))

Join our affiiliate program​

SONY.COM / Post date: 28.9.2023
Revenue: $88,000,000,000 ($88b)

• Sony Group Corporation, formerly Tokyo Telecommunications Engineering Corporation, and Sony Corporation, is a Japanese multinational conglomerate corporation headquartered in Minato, Tokyo, Japan

We have successfully compromissed all of sony systems. We wont ransom them! we will sell the data. due to sony not wanting to pay, DATA IS FOR SALE
    -----
    R File tree: link
    Sample Of Data: link
    -----
    WE ARE SELLING IT

Contact us on tox asap!!!

The message itself has a future date of September 28th, 2023, which could very well be the deadline before Ransomed.vc releases or sells the data to he highest bidder, though there is no clear amount to pay for Sony if they want to cover the ransom. This would most likely be handled privately through Ransomed's Tox, Telegram or email.

Sony hasn't made any public mentions regarding a possible hack or breaches of security, but it remains to be seen if this is actually the case or not, as this is not the first time that Sony themselves have been hacked before. Some may remember the Sony hack from 2011, in which the hack costed Sony around $100 million, and they had to face something near to 55 action class lawsuits as user and player personal data was breached in this case.

:arrow: Source

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
GameStop didn't exist
Okay this is actually fascinating. I am born in 2006 and I rally only remember stuff regarding everything after the 3ds and somewhat of the DSi and the Wii when they were still alive.

When did GameStop get into business? I would love to know more about information like this cause I LOVE finding stuff like this

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay this is actually fascinating. I am born in 2006 and I rally only remember stuff regarding everything after the 3ds and somewhat of the DSi and the Wii when they were still alive.

When did GameStop get into business? I would love to know more about information like this cause I LOVE finding stuff like this
Prior to GameStop, it was Babbage's started in 1980s and continued until 1999, so rebranded as GameStop. Most Babbage's didn't switch to GameStop until 2002-2003.

Babbage's/GameStop competitor was Electronics Boutique (later, EB Games) until 2005, so both merged into bigger GameStop and EB Games disappeared from the US.

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
Prior to GameStop, it was Babbage's started in 1980s and continued until 1999, so rebranded as GameStop. Most Babbage's didn't switch to GameStop until 2002-2003.

Babbage's/GameStop competitor was Electronics Boutique (later, EB Games) until 2005, so both merged into bigger GameStop and EB Games disappeared from the US.

Such fascinating stuff. Makes me wish that I was born back in the 1990s. Hearing that I'm sort of the bad generation but really isn't affected by it and can undertand most of the previous generations stuff makes me different. I don't know for sure though...

I'd it a problem that I prefer older games even as far as Atari goes and not something like the Ps5 or Xbox Series X? Or even... The Switch?

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Anyone get this e-mail?

Hey you, I hacked your computer and now have video of you doing embarrassing things. Want proof? The fact that I am e-mailing your right now and know that you do embarrassing things is proof. Give me crypto.

-A Nigerian prince

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Anyone get this e-mail?

Hey you, I hacked your computer and now have video of you doing embarrassing things. Want proof? The fact that I am e-mailing your right now and know that you do embarrassing things is proof. Give me crypto.

-A Nigerian prince

I'm the Chinese software engineer who hacked into your device OS. I've been watching you for month now.
The thing is, you've been infected with malware through the adult website you visited... I have downloaded all confidential information from your system and I got some more evidence.

In case you're not familiar with it, I'll explain. The virus gives me full access and control over your computer or any other device on your network. It means that I can see everything on your screen, turn on your camera and microphone, but you don't know about it. I also have access to all of your phone and email contacts, as well as access to your social media accounts.

Why didn't your antivirus detect any malware?

Answer: My malware uses a low-level device driver build-in your CPU and I update its signatures every 4 hours to keep your antivirus silent. I made a screen recording of you masturbating. On one side of the screen is the video you're watching at the moment and on the other side is your satisfied face. With one click, I can send this video to all your contacts.

Do you want to prevent it? I understand your concern. Especially since the video was quite vulgar, I can't imagine the embarrassment you will feel when your colleagues, friends and relatives see it. If you need to erase all of your collected data just send 0.01 btc (Bitcoin) to a wallet that was specially generated for your email address. --------------------------------

Yes, it's that simple! My script will detect the transaction to the wallet and will automatically delete all the dirt that was collected on you. I will give you 48 hours to pay. The script received a notification after you opened this PDF file, so the countdown has already started.

Do not try to reply to this email, it makes absolutely no sense (the sender's email address as well as the Bitcoin wallet were generated automatically especially for you and cannot be traced). I don't make mistakes. If I see that you've shared this message with someone else (for example, it will be open on a different device than yours), the video will instantly start being sent out to your contact list. Take it easy. Take it as a little life lesson and be more careful in the future.

Good luck with that. Bye.

• Haha
Reactions: tabzer

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Queue information being made public Sony breached so many laws they couldn't be written down. Follow this with Sony lying through their back teeth and news outlets making no mention of Sony failings.

Finally Sony get off with a small punishment and it's made out it's a huge fine. Haven't we done this before?

Edit, the one thing I haven't mentioned - the hackers gave Sony information on the method of attack and what changes are required to improve. Sony refuse to do anything (news outlets fail to make my mention of this either).

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't honestly get it. The hackers are ILLEGALLY obtaining Sony's data, and yet they say:
We offer a secure solution for addressing data security vulnerabilities within companies. As penetration testers, we seek compensation for our professional services. Out operations are conducted in strict compliance with GDPR and Data Privacy Laws. In cases where payment is not received, we are obligated to report a Data Privacy Law violation to the GDPR agency!
...What? :wacko:

While I stress that what the hackers are doing to Sony is indeed wrong, IMHO this might not have happened (or, at least, not be as severe) if Sony had gone the open-source route with several of their products, including certain aspects of their .com domain.

If indeed this is true, which it may not be. We'll wait until the 28th to find out what happens.

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
That's serious news and it's real threat to Sony?

I never bought any digital games through PlayStation store. I'm physical collection games on disc only. I never store my credit/debit card on my Sony account, never, never do that! I hate digital only! I'm fine and not worry about it. But I have to change my Sony account password. I have very few about 3 - 5 buddy friends connect with my account for chat only.

Always delete weird / strange messages if see any threats, spam, ask for money, etc. Same on email, text and social websites like Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, etc.

whitesword7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
serves them right for canceling senran kagura seven. Go ahead, release the data, I don’t have any credit card information anyway 😂😂😂

EduAAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Just hacked? Nothing about their CEO or relatives being taken prisoners? Well, at least it is something

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...