Sony announces Inzone, a PC-focused gaming gear brand

sony inzone.JPG

Sony is expanding to cater further to the PC gaming market. Its latest move is the launch of Inzone, a gaming gear brand aimed at PC gaming. The brand's name is meant to refer to the immersive feeling gamers experience when they are “in the zone”, Kazuo Kii, Sony president of home entertainment and sound products told The Washington Post in an exclusive article.

“We are entering the gaming gear industry with monitors and headsets at an exciting time, since gaming and esports have gotten even more popular over the last few years,” Kii said. “We are leveraging Sony’s high quality display and audio technologies to deliver products that will allow gamers to immerse themselves into their gaming world.”

Inzone's debut products include monitors and headsets. For monitors, launching this summer is a $899 4K resolution monitor with a 144-hertz refresh rate, and, available sometime later this year, is a $529 1080p monitor with a 240-hertz refresh rate. As for headsets, the Inzone line will include a wireless one retailing for $299 that features noise cancellation and synthetic leather, a $229 wireless headset without leather or noise-canceling features and $99 wired headphones. All 3 models will come with a spatial sound field feature

“We are not saying we are not focusing on the PS5 users. But because we are latecomers to monitors and headphones for [the] gaming segment, we believe we have a chance to catch up,” Kii said. “I believe if top players from top companies mention ‘Oh, Sony’s Inzone is great,’ we can catch up.”

While the monitors and headsets are geared towards PC gaming, the colour palette seems to be inspired by the PS5. Indeed, the monitors are compatible with the PS5 and will optimize screen colors once connected. The monitors are also said to have a "switcher feature", that allows for the simultaneous connection of a mouse, keyboard and headset setup to both a PC and PS5, and switch between the two.

:arrow: SOURCE

alt_Human

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oof, with those prices I'm glad I got their Pulse 3D headset for $50. Works just fine on PC to

"Those" prices? $299, $229, and $99 dollars are "those" prices? It's great you're happy with your purchase, but I'll have to assume you're not very knowledgable in the headphone department & have never heard a $50 set of cans vs a $300+ pair that actually has decent frequency response consistency, treble/midrange/bass accuracy, a good soundstage, etc. $300 is kinda nothing for a good headset. Try a pair of $1500+ open back Sennheisers and suddenly that $50 Pulse 3D headset sounds like a $1 set of ear buds from Wish. Although it's not necessery to spend THAT much on a headset to get something that will blow the Pulse 3D out of the water in a heartbeart. The Astro 50 Gen 4 is under $300 and annihilates the Pulse 3D in almost every aspect. There's a huge difference between "just fine" and actual quality. With some things you really do get what you pay for. As stated, I'm glad you're happy with your purchase. I just personally perfer audio quality over price and I would never be happy with "just fine" headphones.

Last edited by alt_Human,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
"Those" prices? $299, $229, and $99 dollars are "those" prices? It's great you're happy with your purchase, but I'll have to assume you're not very knowledgable in the headphone department & have never heard a $50 set of cans vs a $300+ pair that actually has decent frequency response consistency, treble/midrange/bass accuracy, a good soundstage, etc. $300 is kinda nothing for a good headset. Try a pair of $1500+ open back Sennheisers and suddenly that $50 Pulse 3D headset sounds like a $1 set of ear buds from Wish. Although it's not necessery to spend THAT much on a headset to get something that will blow the Pulse 3D out of the water in a heartbeart. The Astro 50 Gen 4 is under $300 and annihilates the Pulse 3D in almost every aspect. There's a huge difference between "just fine" and actual quality. With some things you really do get what you pay for. As stated, I'm glad you're happy with your purchase. I just personally perfer audio quality over price and I would never be happy with "just fine" headphones.
Lol yes I'm aware that high-end studio/HD headphones exist and all that. You're generally not gonna get that kind of quality from gear marketed to gamers, however, so I prefer to find a deal where possible. Maybe one day I'll be able to spoil myself with a $300+ pair.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
The Inzone monitor is a good price and it's good to see Sony back in the PC display market.

For its price and level of HDR performance it offers there is no competition right now. They set the bar for low price and HDR on PC monitors. PC monitors has still ways to go to offer value HDR compared to TV's.

Normally price $2k-$3k for decent PC HDR displays. But since the Alienware AW3423DW QD-OLED setting a new standard for HDR prices and now Sony Inzone Monitor setting another standard for low end HDR display prices we are on a good trend to affordable PC HDR Monitor prices.

Other companies will have to follow suit if they want to compete with Sony and Alienware.

Performance is decently good for its price also.

Last edited by SG854,
Reactions: Xzi

alt_Human

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol yes I'm aware that high-end studio/HD headphones exist and all that. You're generally not gonna get that kind of quality from gear marketed to gamers, however, so I prefer to find a deal where possible. Maybe one day I'll be able to spoil myself with a $300+ pair.

Speaking of wish. I wish I didn't care as much and that I would be perfectly happy with a lower cost headset. I really do. I'm the same with tv's, audio gear, etc. and it drives me nuts sometimes. I'm probably WAY overly picky. One would think I'd be the same with my PC. Oddly enough, I'm not. It's about 8 years outdated at this point. PS5 and Series X have better GPU's than my "gaming" PC. LOL!

Reactions: Xzi

ZoNtendo

Trophies
XP
Country
When are we getting gaming OLED monitor and not just those LCD trash?

Why the hell would you buy a 4k monitor that's 27 inches?
For the HighDPI, I have the 27GP950 and the clarity is excellent. Too bad it's an IPS monitor but does the job before we get something better for the price.

alt_Human

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When are we getting gaming OLED monitor and not just those LCD trash?

For the HighDPI, I have the 27GP950 and the clarity is excellent. Too bad it's an IPS monitor but does the job before we get something better for the price.

To each their own. I'll stick with a mid-high end 75" LCD. Plenty clear enough for me with the near 700% more screen space immersion factor. Gaming just isn't fun to me on a small screen. I don't watch movies or game on my phone for the same reason. Also, zero risk of burn in.

http://www.displaywars.com/27-inch-16x9-vs-75-inch-16x9 :P

alt_Human

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yikes, so Sony is is still struggling to get PS5s into peoples' hands, has been bringing most of their exclusives to PC, and is now supporting PC gaming peripherals. Really gives the feeling that PS5 will be the last Sony console.

There's been over 19 million PS5s sold. They aren't losing $ by bringing their exclusives to PC. Sony has always been involved in a large amoiunt of products, not just the PlayStation line. It's like saying "Looks like no more Uncharted games since Sony released an Uncharted movie." Or that Series S|X must be the last Xbox's because MS released some new PC perhiperals. Sony are just adding an additional line. I don't believe it has a single thing to do with the last Sony console. Not by a long shot.

Reactions: EthanObi and Aatube

ZoNtendo

Trophies
XP
Country
To each their own. I'll stick with a mid-high end 75" LCD. Plenty clear enough for me with the near 700% more screen space immersion factor. Gaming just isn't fun to me on a small screen. I don't watch movies or game on my phone for the same reason. Also, zero risk of burn in.

http://www.displaywars.com/27-inch-16x9-vs-75-inch-16x9 :P
Well I have it right into my face as I use it on my desk and not as a TV, 32 would be too big for me if we are talking about monitors.

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over