Sony already crapping on people that bought their $500 PS5 with enhanced PS5 Pro titles

Jayinem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
54 games already confirmed to get boosted performance with PS5 Pro, why don't you just call it a new generation and leave us regular PS5 owners in the dust. Put the new Last of Us God of War Spiderman 3 on it exclusively and not for regular PS5, tell Square Enix to put the 3rd Final Fantasy remake on it exclusively and not for regular PS5. 3 years for a generation is long enough. I mean they're telling us in everyway the PS5 Pro is the way to go by charging more while taking away an important feature, why support the regular PS5. It seems to be almost dead gamewise, oh but Horizon Zero Dawn Remaster will save it.

https://www.tomsguide.com/gaming/playstation/ps5-pro-enhanced-all-54-games-confirmed-to-get-a-boost

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not gonna lie, when I saw DigitalFoundry's video for the Xbox Series X's backwards compatiblity enhancements, that was enough for me, literally wouldn't need anything stronger since it plays a large part of the catalogue that I still have physically. Only got the PS4 used so I could play God of War and Spiderman, but now that Sony is putting their first-party titles on PC, I have even less reason to even consider a new Playstation in the house.

The small number of games that are the PS5-only games only solidifies my view on Playstation, liked the old stuff, and honestly I'll buy Ratchet and Clank the collection day one if it came to PC, but they'll just let it collect dust so whoop.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Jayinem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not gonna lie, when I saw DigitalFoundry's video for the Xbox Series X's backwards compatiblity enhancements, that was enough for me, literally wouldn't need anything stronger since it plays a large part of the catalogue that I still have physically. Only got the PS4 used so I could play God of War and Spiderman, but now that Sony is putting their first-party titles on PC, I have even less reason to even consider a new Playstation in the house.

The small number of games that are the PS5-only games only solidifies my view on Playstation, liked the old stuff, and honestly I'll buy Ratchet and Clank the collection day one if it came to PC, but they'll just let it collect dust so whoop.

You could just use pcsx 2 for the trilogy, theres even texture packs here on gbatemp to make those games look at least close to HD. You can even play the PS3 games with RPCS3 emulator.

But if you have a gaming pc why bother with Xbox either? They put all their games on pc day one now. Its why i sold my Xbox One and never bought Series X.

Robert Newbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That reminds me, I've been hoping for a PC port of The Last Guardian, but I think Sony complete forgot that game exists.

I hope there are no PS5 Pro only titles, it'll give me flashbacks of the New3DS. Was the New3DS port of Xenoblade Chronicles the only game to make use of the upgraded hardware?

paulttt

Trophies
XP
Country
That reminds me, I've been hoping for a PC port of The Last Guardian, but I think Sony complete forgot that game exists.

I hope there are no PS5 Pro only titles, it'll give me flashbacks of the New3DS. Was the New3DS port of Xenoblade Chronicles the only game to make use of the upgraded hardware?
I think "Binding of Isaac" was n3ds exclusive, but could be wrong.

Robert Newbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think "Binding of Isaac" was n3ds exclusive, but could be wrong.
I did a quick search, and it seems there were about a dozen exclusives and about a dozen 3DS games enhanced by the New3DS.

If the PS5 Pro ends up just enhancing existing games, it's the same deal as the PS4 Pro. Otherwise, Sony will be in New3DS territory.

Jayinem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ps5 will be treated like PS4 has the last few years. Oh sure you can get the game for vanilla PS5 but the best version will be on PS5 Pro. Pretty crap for a 4 year old console to get that treatment.

Last edited by Jayinem,
Reactions: Blythe93

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ps5 will be treated like PS4 has the last few years. Oh sure you can get the game for vanilla PS5 but the best version will be on PS5 Pro. Pretty crap for a 4 year old console to get that treatment.
This is a weird mentality. The release of a better model does not magically make the previous hardware any worse, the PS5 is still a solid console. This practice has been totally normal for ages, if anything 4 years is way longer than most tech like phones and PC components last before being superceded. It sounds like your complaint is with capitalism rather than PS5 Pro.

Btw, as with last gen there will be at best 10% as many Pro models sold as base. There is no way publishers will risk alienating 90% of their customers by focusing on games for Pro.

paulttt

Trophies
XP
Country
This is a weird mentality. The release of a better model does not magically make the previous hardware any worse, the PS5 is still a solid console. This practice has been totally normal for ages, if anything 4 years is way longer than most tech like phones and PC components last before being superceded. It sounds like your complaint is with capitalism rather than PS5 Pro.

Btw, as with last gen there will be at best 10% as many Pro models sold as base. There is no way publishers will risk alienating 90% of their customers by focusing on games for Pro.

It's a valid argument that phones are replaced much more frequently. However how many phones are purchased outright VS purchased on a contractual term?

Microsoft had the right idea in my opinion when they had the lease to own scheme, and you essentially paid for the console and sub over a 2 year period with very little interest or cost difference.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

It might, because new games will be designed for the Pro and may run worse on the regular one as a result.
One great feature of consoles was always that everybody was using the same hardware so that devs only needed to optimize their game for one specific set of hardware and ensure it runs well on that. Which generally meant any game you buy would run well and unlike PC you don't need to look at system requirements before buying. Of course that has been less the case since devs now prefer to employ dynamic resolution scaling to compensate for poor performance rather than fucking optimize their game.
But when you have revisions with different hardware it complicates things. Devs have to choose which one to optimize for and if they pick the lowest common denominator, the game runs well on anything but won't fully take advantage of the more powerful hardware. Many devs instead choose to optimize for the top end as a means of "future proofing" and you end up with games that are barely playable on anything but the top end. At least that is the case on PC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to buy a battery for my truck last week, freaking $280. I remember when batteries used to be like $50.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa where did you buy it from? Autozone? Autozone has their stuff overpriced, Sams club and walmart is cheaper
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa the 50$ lifetime warranty ones, yall had it good
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I gotta buy new windshield wipers pretty soon least they're cheap so many different brands these days
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Costco actually, Its a Diehard battery.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Heard ceramic is the material to go with now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But mine has 5 hamsters in it...Top of the line.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I thought batteries came with 6 hamsters? what did you do to the 6th hamster?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Him being in Ohio probably fried it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hot seller in Ohio https://a.co/d/5M1McyB
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    These are selling out quickly, hard to find:
    sprinfieldcookbook-png.458855
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You'd think it would have documents on that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    This damn tower fan is leaking oil lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe its made by Diddy Co.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got arrested flipping the switch to hide all evidence
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So that's why every useless gadget has wifi now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet lube sales have plumented...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Baby oil and lube are two words only mj would say together
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I had one of those suction cup phone holders on my windshield must've got so hot it melted and fell off pain to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Why clean it if it melted, just buy a new one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because it melted onto the windshield
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Then just buy a new windshield...
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/7Gbb0s-fFgw?si=Yzt1nZ57s3vFST4a