Sonic Unleashed - Night and Day sections.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Remeber the Sonic trailer in which Sonic terrorises city by turning into a Werehedgehog? The one that made us say " aww s***". Well, it wasn't just an ad. In Sonic Unleashed there will be night and day sections. Cool right? but... Sonic will turn into a warehedgehog during the night in Sonic Unleashed.

So I suspect all Sonic fans will once again be pissed off.

Source: http://kotaku.com/5026505/sonic-unleashed-...retchy-werewolf

New Trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36549.html?type=flv

night_chrono

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
by the look of those trailers, it will be some half-assed story with classic "hold right and you win" for the normal sonic parts. But for dark world lin....er sonic it will try to incorporate the terrible combat from the recent sonic games.

As long as the physics are normal, and there are no game breaking glitches it might be alright, but I will defiantly rent first.

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
This game looks pretty good. It's focused on speed suring the day then combat at night. I like the way it switches from 2D to 3D and vice versa and the camera seems fine.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I will let this slide simply because the actual Sonic parts look awesome. The only thing is, as long as it's just these two parts. No Tails in a Mech, no Knuckles hunting for gems. As long as it's just the 50/50 Sonic Running/Werehog Wrecking and it's long enough that neither side gets jipped, I'll be okay with it.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Speed looks great...the werehog not so much. Its like they said "Our fasn want a good fast game. Whats the opposite of that? ....An extremely fat werehog; that's it! Lets make that half the game!"

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happened to "lets have a normal game were sonic beats eggman and doesn't light on fire or turn into a werewolf"

I rather see a remake of Sonic1&2&3 on the Wii with updated graphics,and no 3D,or crappy camera views.

I call fail on this.Fuck it.I am a fan of his 2D moments.
I know no 3D sonic.

Zaiga

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It looks pretty good. I like the day time part, but the werehog or whatever it's called looks strange to me. The stretchy arms don't really go with it either..

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
night_chrono said:
by the look of those trailers, it will be some half-assed story with classic "hold right and you win" for the normal sonic parts. But for dark world lin....er sonic it will try to incorporate the terrible combat from the recent sonic games.

As long as the physics are normal, and there are no game breaking glitches it might be alright, but I will defiantly rent first.
This is really what made those Sonic Genesis games the best. Simple, fun gameplay with good physics. And the Chaos Emeralds provided you with something to do afterwards. Really, I'm tired of all these Sonic games which include puzzles and fighting. Just go back to the basics already! And another thing, am I the only one who wants to control Super Sonic during regular gameplay again? That was so awesome but something that they have yet to revisit.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gaisuto said:
I will let this slide simply because the actual Sonic parts look awesome. The only thing is, as long as it's just these two parts. No Tails in a Mech, no Knuckles hunting for gems. As long as it's just the 50/50 Sonic Running/Werehog Wrecking and it's long enough that neither side gets jipped, I'll be okay with it.
It's pretty sad that it's come to being happy with just this. Sonic has been in the shitter for a longtime and yeah... I agree. The Sonic parts do look fantastic. But sega always finds a way to screw shit up these days so I'm sure they will botch those segments too with something stupid.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ojsinnerz said:
Sega, why are you trying to destroy one of people's most favorited childhood games?

In fact, why are you trying to destroy your own franchise?

That's the way Sega handles nearly all their franchises. Or are any Shenmue, Panzer Dragoon, Shining Force, announced? No, because they are pretty much f*cked, err, I mean destroyed...

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
ferrariman said:
Remeber the Sonic trailer in which Sonic terrorises city by turning into a Werehedgehog? The one that made us say " aww s***". Well, it wasn't just an ad. In Sonic Unleashed there will be night and day sections. Cool right? but... Sonic will turn into a warehedgehog during the night in Sonic Unleashed.

So I suspect all Sonic fans will once again be pissed off.

Source: http://kotaku.com/5026505/sonic-unleashed-...retchy-werewolf

New Trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36549.html?type=flv

That game lost me when the music on the trailer started..
sleep.gif

What happened to the great music from the Genesis games?

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
jumpman17 said:
We knew Sonic would turn werewolf sine the first day the game was leak revealed.

Actually he`s still a Hedgehog --> Sonic The Werehog, were-form of a hedgehog
rofl2.gif

I saw the presentation at Gamespot yesterday and the Sonic part looked fantastic. But I hope, that the controls are not the same as in Sonic Rivals. Those were not made for any plattforming...

But the Werehog: Oh man, I think the guy from Sega didn`t even liked it that much... But I still don`t say, that its gonna be shit because of the Werehog! They made some good choices with this titel, like reducing other charackters playtime to 2-3% (onl in Minigmes) or going 2D and 3D!

As long as the Sonic part is that great I`m OK with the Werehog-thing
tongue.gif

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i...i... i like it....

seems WAYYY better than what everyone talked about.

The Night part looks pretty interesting... and the speed zones... oh my god, give me more!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA-vTRfE_x0