NULL

Shenmue III Gamescom Trailer

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Abu_Senpai, Aug 21, 2017.

Front-page
    Ys Net has released the first teaser trailer for Shenmue III ahead of Gamescom 2017 in Cologne, Germany this week.

The teaser trailer is built from a “small slice” of an in-development build of the game, and provides a sneak peek at the new looks of the main characters, new characters, and the feels of Shenmue world.

Shenmue III is due out for PlayStation 4 and PC in the second half of 2018. It will be published both physically and digitally by Deep Silver.

Official site: https://shenmue.link/order

There it is in all of its glory!! So what do You all think of it?

There are bound to be more announcements regarding Shenmue III in the upcoming days. So I will update the OP as soon as i get wind of some news.

Update 1: New Screens and Note From Yu Suzuki Via Playstation Blog
    Update 2: Interviews with Yu Suzuki (Director / Creator of Shenmue)

Discussion (42 replies)
  1. kingtut

kingtut GBAtemp Maniac

May 3, 2017
    United States
    Looks gorgeous, I am not sure about the facial quality though. like the goofy still faces.

Elysium420 and Abu_Senpai like this.
  2. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    Chinese Democracy, I'm still going with that prediction.

Ace_Axel likes this.
  3. Abu_Senpai
    OP

Abu_Senpai GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jul 13, 2014
    Syria
    So i finally watched the trailer

The environments look gorgeous. The models for Ryo and the Master he was training with looks great as does the model for that big buff guy.

Shenhua's model looks really messed up to me though. Also i in some scenes Ryo's face looks dead meaning there is no life to him in some of the scenes from that trailer. Also i still dont like that logo, it looks kinda cheap and i actually preferred the previous one in comparison to it.

But then again were still pretty early on and the game wont be out until next year so i still have high hopes for this game.

Omg the environments looks stunning, especially some of the Chinese related backdrops look just wow, and the scenes of nature as well as the scene of Ryo dueling the martial arts master near that lake looks EPIC!!!

Oh and Shenhuas outfit looks cool but i still prefer the original one. I do hope that her outfit is more than just that one we all saw in the trailer.

Now excuse me whilst i go and watch the trailer 10 more times

kingtut likes this.
  4. Abu_Senpai
    OP

Jul 13, 2014
    Syria
    Chinese democracy? What do you mean?:unsure:

5. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    Explaining it takes the fun out of just my simple statement. I mean it will be like the Guns N' Roses album, Chinese Democracy. It will be hyped up and long-delayed (it was announced two years ago, so this part is already happening), and after so many years, it gets released, it's disappointing, and after time's passed, perhaps it will get a critical re-evaluation, now that the hype-tinted glasses are off.

Abu_Senpai likes this.
  6. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    No deal for me. :ninja:

7. Abu_Senpai
    OP

Jul 13, 2014
    Syria
    Ahh okay i see. And i get why you would think that. I disagree with your statement of course but i wouldn't be surprised if they delayed it again. So i do agree with you in regards to delaying the game. But regarding its success or un-success. Only time will tell, so until the game is released and i own it. i really dont intend to judge it. But i do get your point and yeah i have seen other games go down that route.

8. Nah3DS

Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Feb 9, 2010
    Argentina
    Yu Suzuki is not a mediocre egotistic fat douchebag.

Abu_Senpai likes this.
  9. Abu_Senpai
    OP

Jul 13, 2014
    Syria
    This is one of the reasons as to why i disagree with Rusts statement. I think because it is Yu Suzuki heading up this games development. We should be okay but then again who really nows until we see the final product.:unsure:

10. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    I wouldn't say it's passing judgement, it's just a prediction. Just in general with game trailers, only things I'm personally connected to get me. I'm not personally attached to Shenmue, I am to Sonic the Hedgehog, which is why Sonic Mania's first trailer moved me almost to tears. Watching that trailer, it looks nice, but there's not much more to say, it's such a bare bones trailer anyways.

Abu_Senpai likes this.
  11. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    Double post...

You don't have to be to make something underwhelming after many years away, another musical example, Judas Priest's Angel of Retribution, first album with Halford in over a decade, it just falls short of being really good, and I don't think any of the members are egotistical fat douchebags.

12. Nah3DS

Feb 9, 2010
    Argentina
    Chinese democracy being shit is far from the main reason why he is a medriocre egotistic fat douchebag.
    Angel of Retribution was dissapointing because it was the first time Priest didn't try to do something new and fresh, choosing to just rehash Painkiller. But I think they revindicated themselves with Nostradamus.

Shenmue 3 being made has nothing to do with this. Angel of Retribution was made just to earn a quick buck, Chinese Democracy took so long because the douchebag wanted to do something innovative without knowing how, and tried to include whatever trend was going on at the moment to keep "improving" his album. By the time he released it... it was obsolete.

Shenmue 3 is just a game Yu Suzuki couldn't make before because SEGA died so many years ago.
    If you want to find the video game analogy of Chinese Democracy... Duke Nukem Forever is your game.

Last edited by Nah3DS, Aug 22, 2017
    OuahOuah likes this.
  13. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    Okay then, I'll take out the analogy and stick with the general prediction that this will be delayed, won't do so hot at release, and would need a few years before it possibly gets an re-evaluation. That's from the perspective of someone who isn't attached to Shenmue. If anything, the recent news of Shenmue just confirms it hasn't been cancelled, that it still exists.

Nah3DS likes this.
  14. Nah3DS

Feb 9, 2010
    Argentina
    That's exactly what happened to the first two Shenmue games.

If you take into consideration the actual state of the video game industry, Shenmue 3 is a game that shouldn't exist... but somehow they are making it.
    It will be delayed, it wont sell well, and it will end up being a cult game... but no one is expecting any different.

Abu_Senpai and RustInPeace like this.
  15. nine0nine

nine0nine Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2006
    Albania
    I don't think the shenmue gameplay style will work in 2017, at least for the majority of people. When Shenmue first arrived it had some many elements we hadn't seen in a video game before but that was 18 years ago and the open world style game play has evolved incredibly. Part of me wants it to be a continuation of SM2, but I think it'll need to dismiss too much of what made SM special (in 1999) in order to be relevant today.

That said, when I heard that music, I couldn't help getting excited.

Abu_Senpai likes this.
  16. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    FUCK YES!!!!

[​IMG]

The only thing I could ask for would be more emotion in the facial animations. Time to whip out mah Dreamcast emulator and finish the first two games!

Ace_Axel and Abu_Senpai like this.
  17. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Who cares about all of that?! We just need it to do one thing, finish the story. If it accomplishes that goal then the game is more than worth it. Shenmue 2 ended with a cliffhanger. I can say that most of us Shenmue fans just want to see this game tie up all loose ends and then say "peace, I'm out."

Ace_Axel and Abu_Senpai like this.
  18. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Addict

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    No Dreamcast port:cry:

WhiteMaze and Cyan like this.
  19. Robfozz

Robfozz GBAtemp Smartass

Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Onett
    shenhua looks fucked and the big buff guy looks super cartoony and doesn't fit in at all

20. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    You know it’s shit when Sony won’t even publish it.

NULL