Sonic the Hedgehog movie gets release date

IMG_6857.JPG

Mario and Pikachu won't be the only video game icons that we'll be seeing on the big screen soon, as the upcoming Sonic the Hedgehog movie has gotten a solid release date. It will be airing in theatres on November 15, 2019. Neal H. Moritz, of The Fast and the Furious fame, and Tim Miller, known for producing Deadpool, will be co-producing the movie, while Jeff Fowler will be directing. In terms of the film itself, the Sonic movie will be a mix of live action and CGI.

:arrow: Source

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Crap. This'll either be REALLY BAD, or pretty good. At least it's not all live-action, because then it would be guaranteed to be horrible (think of the Mario movie not-to-be-named).

No part of Sonic is meant to be live action. I see nothing good coming of this.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude if they butcher shadow (very likely) some sick and twisted mofo will be bathed in the producers blood how bout a blooper reel when Shadow kills the producer with an m16 saying "How dare you make me look like sh!t"

I can see the story going several ways, Sonic X *probably what happens after the anime leaves off (it was open ended imo) a tie in with Mania/Forces (hell no) fill in the gap between SA2 and ShtH (why the hell would they name it sonic the hedgehog and not shadow) none of those honestly make sense and if the do an Archie comic movie i'll go apeshit if they butcher it

Last edited by chrisrlink,
Reactions: DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>.> am I the only one hoping for a Chris thorndykeXamy shipping in this movie? I feel the SonicXAmy thing is overused he has 0 intrest in her and it's getting old imo....ever since sonic CD it's been the same

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
can't be any worse than DA super mario bros movie...right? :huh:
More likely it's going to be like Garfield movie.
I still don't understand why they want to include sonic in real life and act with real people, can they just make it like Sonic Boom or something?

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Don't...please...it can't be THAT bad, I like to think there are competent people behind this Sonic movie, and the examples you mentioned are famously marred by casting choices, whitewashing on DBE, uhhh some whitewashing on Avatar and Indianwashing.

I think it'd be awesome if Jaleel White voiced Sonic. It wouldn't draw money, but it'd be pretty cool. He did voice him in the original cartoon series.

Reactions: DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nobody is reading what you post.