The third Sonic the Hedgehog movie has been given a release date

mfklsdfmkdslfkdsk.png

With the recent success of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 at the box office earlier this year, Paramount Pictures is eager to continue the film franchise, as they have given a release date for the next entry. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 will be out in theaters on December 20, 2024. These movies have been a success for the studio, and for SEGA's mascot, receiving widely positive critical acclaim, and earning $721 million dollars. Paramount also has a Knuckles TV series in the works, with Idris Elba reprising his role from the second film.

:arrow: Source

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
They've been doing a great work at keeping this enjoyable to watch for all ages.
Even though I'm saddened they completely bypassed Metal Sonic, Amy and the whole Adventure 1 story, I'm still excited to see my favorite character Shadow on the big screen.

I just hope they don't make him too childish :D

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah a 3rd movie was needed since Knuckles was an ememy in the 2nd, so now we need a movie with all 3 as friends. Not sure how they will pull off Shadow tho. Just dont have him using guns like his disastrous game.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We still got to see Amy and Rouge. Would be weird without them. I hope at least this Eggman gets three movies.

As for Metal Sonic, I wonder if he will be in a show instead, if the Knuckles show works out.

Reactions: k7ra

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
We still got to see Amy and Rouge. Would be weird without them. I hope at least this Eggman gets three movies.

As for Metal Sonic, I wonder if he will be in a show instead, if the Knuckles show works out.

Rouge kinda makes sense, she didn't exist until Sonic Adventure 2, the same game where Shadow made his debut as well, so they can pretty well introduce her in the movie.

Amy though, that's another thing.
I do hope they make a short movie of Sonic saving her from Metal Sonic in between now and 2024.

Otherwise...
Amy might be shelved. At least for this movie.
She played a really minor role in SA2, with the one and only defining moment from her coming at the end when she talks to Shadow.
What I'm fearing is that they might replace her for a human character for that single scene, and if so, then there's no need for her in the story at all.

Seriously, with the main trio already assembled, the humans in the movies (aside from Eggman) are nothing more than filler shit at best.
I do hope they at least focus more on the characters from the games at least, and that they do Shadow justice on-screen.

Reactions: AlignedTrack432

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Imagine if the first one had released with ugly Sonic. Pretty sure we wouldn't be talking about a third movie right now, let alone would a second one have even released.

Reactions: k7ra

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's hoping they don't overdo it. Often, sequels of sequels don't fare well. Disney should have known that by now, but THEY NEVER LEARN.
I mean aside from the second Avengers, each sequel in that series made more than the one before it, and they all made a shit ton, and arguably they got better over time though not necessarily in order (I'd probably order them 3>4>1>2).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Switching my home routing/firewall solution from pfsense to OPNsense. Boy how I hate networking...