Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Races onto PS3, Xbox 360 AND Nintendo Wii

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as the game is like the first 3/Knuckles/Sonic CD and not just press right and jump occasionally I'll be happy.

D

Deleted_171835

Nice! I'll be sure to purchase this on WiiWare.

I'd prefer if this was on PC, though.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i will get this on ps3 once i actually get my ps3
tongue.gif
and i will pirate it for wii
tongue.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
SPH73 said:
The Wii version will sell the most.

The 360 version will RROD during gameplay

The PS3 version will have a lengthy mandatory install.

corrected.

anyways, only way that i am going to part with my cash is:

A: super sonic during levels! which has been left out for a long time now.

B: the whole episodes get released on a blu ray disc, i am not happy about buying separate episodes at £10 a pop (per episode) when i can get the blu ray at a cheaper price instore, i also don't like the idea of separate episodes, siren blood curse did this and it wasn't good and was costly too.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...What's wrong with a Wii version? My rebuttals:

- No HD: ...Do you seriously fucking care? Do I really need to see a cartoon hedgehog in HD? Mario looks fine on the Wii because he doesn't necessarily need HD. For these comedic, goofy cartoon characters who lack a lot in realism, you don't need gritty, fine details. Part of the reason Nintendo probably isn't considering a HD console is because their characters look fine without HD and they don't give two shits about third parties.
- Sonic games on the Wii are terrible: They are, but this is gonna play pretty much like its console brothers and throw back to classic Sonic gameplay. No werewolf transformations or black knights to be found.
- Motion controls: I'm sure SEGA is smart enough to avoid this, seeing as it isn't a retail game and thus doesn't require all this gimmicky crap to attract people. Odds are it'll be a Wiimote held sideways and played like the Virtual Console Sonic games.

Just my thoughts.

I'm looking forward to this, though. I'm not a fan of it being episodic instead of a single game on a disc, but whatever. I can live. Sonic hasn't been going through the past few years well.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, thinking about it, the simple existence of the wii version may be holding back the 360/PS3 versions.

But then again, by design it's just doing what a Genesis can, except for improved visuals.

Edit: Come to think of it, Wii Ware version = potential for PC version through Dolphin emulation.
How awesome will that be if the game runs perfectly in Dolphin? You could upscale it to HD.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
SPH73 said:

The 360 version will RROD during gameplay

corrected.

anyways, only way that i am going to part with my cash is:

A: super sonic during levels! which has been left out for a long time now.

B: the whole episodes get released on a blu ray disc, i am not happy about buying separate episodes at £10 a pop (per episode) when i can get the blu ray at a cheaper price instore, i also don't like the idea of separate episodes, siren blood curse did this and it wasn't good and was costly too.

Yeah episodes sound pretty lame. Why don't they just give us the whole damn thing and be done. Well, JB ipod touch ftw. I'll consider buying it if it isn't uber expensive for all these parts.

mariomaniac33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still, SONIC'S BACK!!!
yaywii.gif

This Sonic game actually looks good in my opinion. Most other Sonic games nowadays seemed rushed and not thought out, putting Sonic in random situations. Like, "Let's give Sonic a Sword." Or how about, "What would Sonic be like as a Werewolf?"

The storyline for this game may not turn out great, but story doesn't matter too much when it comes to platforming (tell that to Mario
tongue.gif
).

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
SPH73 said:

The 360 version will look the best.

QFT.

Im gonna download this on me wii, Its nice to have a game where i believe ill get a Nostalgic retro feel, even though its new and 3D\Totally looking forward to this

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
Well, thinking about it, the simple existence of the wii version may be holding back the 360/PS3 versions.

But then again, by design it's just doing what a Genesis can, except for improved visuals.

Edit: Come to think of it, Wii Ware version = potential for PC version through Dolphin emulation.
How awesome will that be if the game runs perfectly in Dolphin? You could upscale it to HD.

WHY WOULD YOU WANT SONIC THE HEDGEHOG IN HD?????? Seriously, he's a cartoon hedgehog. Usually the HD is super impressive in games that are realistic looking or graphic, like Call of Duty or whatever. HD adds more realism and more detail. Neither of these are, nor will they ever be in, Sonic the Hedgehog.

And the Wii version won't "hold it back". Everyone seems to be such graphics snobs. As long as it plays like Sonic used to play, who cares if it looked like it did on the Genesis?

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
- Motion controls: I'm sure SEGA is smart enough to avoid this...

Not so fast. we're talking about Sega, who recently considered making a sequel to Sonic Unleashed, with Werehog portions and all.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
geoflcl said:
Guild McCommunist said:
- Motion controls: I'm sure SEGA is smart enough to avoid this...

Not so fast. we're talking about Sega, who recently considered making a sequel to Sonic Unleashed, with Werehog portions and all.

But for a 2-D, multiplatform Sonic game? Probably not.

Yeah, I guess you got me there.

Anyway, if I was of any authority, I'd just have Dimps develop the game. Everyone knows Dimps makes good Sonic games.

\/ \/ \/ 56k Warning, I guess \/ \/ \/
Sonic_Advance_Coverart.png

gameboy_advance-sonic_advance_2.jpg

Sonic_Advance_3_Coverart.png

Sonic+Rush.jpg

614solm9a7l__aa280_.jpg

and the DAY portions of
f11088.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users