Gaming Sonic Rush Adventure first screens!

Wyvern King

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm excited
biggrin.gif

I had Sonic Rush but swapped it online with someone for Advance Wars - best swap I've ever done, but that doesn't disguise Sonic Rush being a fairly good game. Setting time records was good fun, too, and Blaze is the only 'new' character in the series I like (Sonic/Tails/Knuckles/Robotnik is enough for me, or even just Sonic and Robotnik). Overloading the 3D games with Chaos and extra characters was a very mad idea
frown.gif
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is my favourite game, even beating the generic Ocarina of Time and infinitely-replayable Warcraft 3.

Anyway, Compilations of the Megadrive Sonics... Hell yeah, that would seriously rock. Pisses me off that those old ROMs are, what, 1MB? I'm not sure how big Genesis ROMs are but they must be able to fit 1/2/3 on a single cart (screw rubbish 3D addons, the only edits I'd like would be single card multiplayer, and the ability for people to take control of the secondary character in 2 and 3 then leave as they please).

Ryoku

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From Segas press release:

"Developed by SEGA Studios, Sonic Rush Adventure for the Nintendo DS will be available in Autumn 2007.

Sonic returns to the Nintendo DS in an all-new frantic adventure complete with dizzying dives, near vertical curves and brain twisting loops. Sonic Rush Adventure will retain the DS action that fans loved so much from Sonic Rush™, as well as providing a new high seas adventure where Sonic clashes with ruthless pirates. Players will set off from Windmill Village as Sonic and blast their way through seven action-packed and widely diverse levels. Sonic Rush Adventure will make full use of the DS Download Play feature and Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, which enables gamers to compete with friends in wireless racing and mission-based battles.

Guide Sonic through numerous action stages in the fast and furious single player mode, whilst collecting valuable items and materials that enable Sonic and Tails to track down the villainous pirates. With a fleet of up to five ships, including a submarine, water bike and hovercraft, Sonic Rush Adventure uses the Touch Screen technology in exciting new ways. Use the Nintendo DS Stylus to help control vessels as they race across the ocean gathering rings, performing tricks, and torching pirate boats, whilst engaging in fierce ship-to-ship battles. At the end of each level, epic 3D boss battles spanning both screens will test gamers skills to result in an ultimate showdown with the evil boss character, Captain Whisker.

Sonic Rush Adventure allows players to bounce, fly, swing, ride and run through grand environments of lush forests, an ominous ghost ship, snow covered mountains, pirate villages and a vast underwater sea cave. Along the way there will be a variety of enemy characters to battle against including robots, skeleton warriors, pterodactyls, and a robotic triceratops."

I don't want to jinx anything so I won't say what I wanted to, but it sounds like it could be a decent game. Story sounds a little bad though. Nah, just kidding. Pirates are always cool
bow.gif

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I think the health idea need an upgrade...
it sucks to loose all your rings in one hit... and die in the next (ye I know you can save a few ones)..

but a game based on speed, not seeing enough whats comin at ya... and easy to get killed (and many pittfalls).. I just can't stand it.... I want to like it, cause I like the idea.. but it just doesn't do it for me..
frown.gif

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hopefully, those 3D screens are for collecting gems or boss battles and NOT standard gameplay levels. I HATE 3D Sonics.

Why doesn't Sonic Team make something EVERYONE actually wants? Like Sonic 1, 2, 3 and Sonic & Knuckles as a compilation for the DS. Have it where you could still mix-and-match 1, 2 and 3 with S&K for the extra levels and characters and such. Now THAT would be sweet!

For those who don't know, Sonic & Knuckles has a cartridge slot in the top of it for Sonic 1, 2 and 3 to fit in and doing that gave you all kinds of extras.

I wish I still had my Genesis, SegaCD and 32X with Sonic & Knuckles and Sonic 2 all together. That would be one hell of a gnarly pic. What an electronic monstrosity that was.
rofl2.gif

IMG_9082.jpg

Abra-cadabra!

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sonic games brings back terrible memories of when I was a kid and I visited my friend's house in another city and I saw him play Sonic and when I wanted to have a go, he shouted NO and punched me.

This was why I ended up for Nintendo in the end...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic games brings back terrible memories of when I was a kid and I visited my friend's house in another city and I saw him play Sonic and when I wanted to have a go, he shouted NO and punched me.

I had that experiance, I was an Amiga 500 owner back then so only Sonic experiance was when my mate occasionally let me be Tails
frown.gif
never looked back though as he only had three games for his MD while I had whatever Amiga game I wanted due to piracy.

On the story subject, sounds a bit of a "Erm what is this game about, what theme can it be? Oh wait Pirates! Kids love Pirates and you know At Worlds End is out this year so we can ride that theme out". Next year it'll be Ninjas, then Zombies and then we'll get the ultimate Ninja Pirate Zombies...but with attitude!

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I had that experiance, I was an Amiga 500 owner back then so only Sonic experiance was when my mate occasionally let me be Tails
frown.gif
never looked back though as he only had three games for his MD while I had whatever Amiga game I wanted due to piracy.

On the story subject, sounds a bit of a "Erm what is this game about, what theme can it be? Oh wait Pirates! Kids love Pirates and you know At Worlds End is out this year so we can ride that theme out". Next year it'll be Ninjas, then Zombies and then we'll get the ultimate Ninja Pirate Zombies...but with attitude!
I had a friend who got a place in university for game design and I constantly suggested that there should be a game featuring zombie ninja.... not sure how it'll work and even if it does, it's probably going to be shit.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I actually really like Sonic And The Secret Rings. While not perfect, it's a big step forward towards the way 3D Sonic games should be. And I thought Sonic Rush was just outstanding.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!