Sonic Rush Adventure first screens!

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Jax, Apr 16, 2007.

Apr 16, 2007
  1. Jax
    OP

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal

2. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    The game looks good looking at the screens. I just hope sega implement the double screens as they did on sonic rush. That really impressed me, but it took some getting used to at first. Can't wait for this game to be released.

3. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    I don´t get it, what´s wrong with Sonic Rush?

This looks kinda Rayman [​IMG]

4. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Ah ha so my rumour post is now fact!

Looks...kinda like a fan made game judging from the screens, hope it plays well as it looks like crap, from those screens anyway.

5. ShadowXP

Member ShadowXP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

United Kingdom
    It looks like Sonic Rush 2... like... literally. [​IMG]

6. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    looks like a bit of a step down from sonic rush.. but segas early screens usually suck compared to the final game

7. AshuraZro

Member AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Canada
    Well this looks like recycled shit. The first one was alright but the game was pretty much about holding down the boost button, doing tricks all the time and hearing the shitty fucking sound clips. 6 years ago, I would say that Sonic is one of my most favourite franchises. Good luck getting me to say that now.

8. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    [​IMG] i seen the thread title and i thought it would have been sonic adventure that was on the dreamcast.(not graphics wise)

9. Ryoku

Member Ryoku GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Looks decent, I guess.

I wonder if this is going to have a boring storyline like the last?

Probably. I hope they don't add more characters [​IMG]; .

10. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    *Bummsey the Platypus run away...crying*

11. Samutz

Member Samutz Wet Tissue Sample

United States
    They did add a new character. The one in the screens is Sonic's 3rd evil twin's cousin's girlfriend's brother's cousin twice removed, Speedy.

(I couldn't come up with a better name.)

(Neither could Sega.)

12. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    Looks like crap. That's not how i remember my Sonic. Looks like Rayman or something.

But meh it's gameplay that counts. And this one has online multiplayer [​IMG]

13. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Hopefully, those 3D screens are for collecting gems or boss battles and NOT standard gameplay levels. I HATE 3D Sonics.

Why doesn't Sonic Team make something EVERYONE actually wants? Like Sonic 1, 2, 3 and Sonic & Knuckles as a compilation for the DS. Have it where you could still mix-and-match 1, 2 and 3 with S&K for the extra levels and characters and such. Now THAT would be sweet!

For those who don't know, Sonic & Knuckles has a cartridge slot in the top of it for Sonic 1, 2 and 3 to fit in and doing that gave you all kinds of extras.

I wish I still had my Genesis, SegaCD and 32X with Sonic & Knuckles and Sonic 2 all together. That would be one hell of a gnarly pic. What an electronic monstrosity that was. [​IMG]

14. Hadrian

United Kingdom
    From Segas press release:

"Developed by SEGA Studios, Sonic Rush Adventure for the Nintendo DS will be available in Autumn 2007.

Sonic returns to the Nintendo DS in an all-new frantic adventure complete with dizzying dives, near vertical curves and brain twisting loops. Sonic Rush Adventure will retain the DS action that fans loved so much from Sonic Rush™, as well as providing a new high seas adventure where Sonic clashes with ruthless pirates. Players will set off from Windmill Village as Sonic and blast their way through seven action-packed and widely diverse levels. Sonic Rush Adventure will make full use of the DS Download Play feature and Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, which enables gamers to compete with friends in wireless racing and mission-based battles.

Guide Sonic through numerous action stages in the fast and furious single player mode, whilst collecting valuable items and materials that enable Sonic and Tails to track down the villainous pirates. With a fleet of up to five ships, including a submarine, water bike and hovercraft, Sonic Rush Adventure uses the Touch Screen technology in exciting new ways. Use the Nintendo DS Stylus to help control vessels as they race across the ocean gathering rings, performing tricks, and torching pirate boats, whilst engaging in fierce ship-to-ship battles. At the end of each level, epic 3D boss battles spanning both screens will test gamers skills to result in an ultimate showdown with the evil boss character, Captain Whisker.

Sonic Rush Adventure allows players to bounce, fly, swing, ride and run through grand environments of lush forests, an ominous ghost ship, snow covered mountains, pirate villages and a vast underwater sea cave. Along the way there will be a variety of enemy characters to battle against including robots, skeleton warriors, pterodactyls, and a robotic triceratops."

So its not by Sonic Team (which isnt a bad thing seeing Sonic 2, 3 and SK werent Sonic Team games), it has a pirate theme, sounds like Robotnic/Eggman isnt involved and the only other playable character mentioned is Tails. Only goes into 3D for boss battles. Probably expect a October/November release. Doesnt sound too bad I suppose at least it cant be as bad as the PSP game. Here's hoping there will be more to the game than pressing in one direction and pressing jump.

15. xilo

Newcomer xilo Advanced Member

In my opinion, Sonic died with the Sega Genesis. Every Sonic game since then has been pretty much crap.

16. Jax
    OP

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    Yes they were!

17. Hadrian

United Kingdom
    They were by Sega Technical Institute. Sonic Team did assist them but they didnt really put much input into them.

18. Sil3n7

Member Sil3n7 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Agreed all the adventures have been disgrace to the franchise... [​IMG]

19. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    I think you can fudge around with emulators, just get the S&K rom and the others you need. I dunno how rom-friendly this forum is right now, so google around. It just involves "fusing" the two roms into one playable file.

20. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    Sonic Adventures on the dreamcast was fantastic. The 3D really seemed to work on that game. My favourite bit was running down the sky scraper. Didn't think much of Sonic Adventure 2. Sonic rush on the DS was also a good game. The GBA sonics wern't bad either. It just seems to be when sega try to make a 3D sonic they start to have loads of problems.