Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Ikki said:
Juanmatron said:
3º Epic says they can't port UE to 3DS, but Ubi Soft did. Heck, they even ported UE 2.x to the GCN/Wii.
Because Epic doesn't want an older version of their engine to be used in their games. For them if it can't run UE 3, it can't run UE.

However. Here's all the screens for Sonic Generations shown in the magazine. Credit to the uploader.

Looking pretty good. Specially for them being probably early screens, extracted from not great quality scans and not to mention all the 3DS games look much better in motion.

And here are Shinobi screens.
shinobi_1.jpg

shinobi_2.jpg

shinobi_3.jpg

I want to get both. I'll get Generations for sure.

1º No. Ubi Soft ported UE3 to the 3DS and they did the same with UE2,x for the GCN/Wii.

2º That Sonic looks like shit and is based on Sonic Rush games (Heck, Colours looks better than that shit). They cancelled Wii version for this shit? Bah.

But meh, even if it came on the Wii I wouldn't buy it, it's pathetic to see what has become an icon of early 90's.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Juanmatron said:
Ikki said:
Juanmatron said:
3º Epic says they can't port UE to 3DS, but Ubi Soft did. Heck, they even ported UE 2.x to the GCN/Wii.
Because Epic doesn't want an older version of their engine to be used in their games. For them if it can't run UE 3, it can't run UE.

However. Here's all the screens for Sonic Generations shown in the magazine. Credit to the uploader.

Looking pretty good. Specially for them being probably early screens, extracted from not great quality scans and not to mention all the 3DS games look much better in motion.

shinobi_1.jpg

shinobi_2.jpg

shinobi_3.jpg

1º No. Ubi Soft ported UE3 to the 3DS and they did the same with UE2,x for the GCN/Wii.

2º That Sonic looks like shit and is based on Sonic Rush games (Heck, Colours looks better than that shit). They cancelled Wii version for this shit? Bah.

But meh, even if it came on the Wii I wouldn't buy it, it's pathetic to see what has become an icon of early 90's.
You mean the 3DS can handle unreal engine 3?

Hmm... Many websites say that running UE3 on the 3DS cannot be done.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic Generations canceled for Wii but still on for 3DS. See ? Wii is not powerful and I have it but I will sell Wii someday. Wii is almost like Game Cube but in the better way than Game Cube. Disappointment and no 3rd party. Forget Wii and hello Wii 2. I will not buy Wii 2 until 3 years after Wii 2 released due to 3rd party and better games first. No hurry for I dont want to spend money thanks to Wii I regretted spent worth of 300 dollars of console and few accessories. No more stupid of me.

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RockmanForte said:
Sonic Generations canceled for Wii but still on for 3DS. See ? Wii is not powerful and I have it but I will sell Wii someday. Wii is almost like Game Cube but in the better way than Game Cube. Disappointment and no 3rd party. Forget Wii and hello Wii 2. I will not buy Wii 2 until 3 years after Wii 2 released due to 3rd party and better games first. No hurry for I dont want to spend money thanks to Wii I regretted spent worth of 300 dollars of console and few accessories. No more stupid of me.
But if you wait til later maybe this time Nintendo will have a more protcted methof for piracy and homebrew later on
smile.gif

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Nintendo has learnt from it's lesson for games.

Hence, I think there should be plenty of third parties on the wiiii

Also, the next wii has an actual controller!

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(Lizuka on why Sonic Generations wasn't on the Wii) said:
“The reason no Wii version exists was due to the desire to make a Sonic anniversary game in high definition, which Iizuka says the Wii is not capable of handling”
I guess to him, 400×240 + 320×240 somehow meets the criteria for “high-definition”. Must be because it’s an “analog” game as opposed to a “digital” one.
Also god damn does this game look ugry.
http://www.sonicretro.org/wp-content/uploa...tions3ds_01.jpg
http://www.sonicretro.org/wp-content/uploa.../05/scn0002.jpg

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Juanmatron said:
They ported UE 2. Get your facts straight. And that wasn't Epic, it was Ubisoft.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
chris888222 said:
Juanmatron said:
Ikki said:
Juanmatron said:

shinobi_1.jpg

shinobi_2.jpg

shinobi_3.jpg

You mean the 3DS can handle unreal engine 3?

Hmm... Many websites say that running UE3 on the 3DS cannot be done.

And do you think that the iPhone 4 can really handle UE3? That's a big joke by Epic and Apple.

Many sites says thinks like "PSP is powerful as PS2 and can arrive to the GCN" or "3DS is more powerful than a Wii" too, but they just this because a "game god" that is a person who doesn't know about hardware says that. *Cough* Miyamoto saying 3DS is more powerful than Wii *Cough*.

QUOTE(Ikki @ May 26 2011, 05:42 PM)
QUOTE(Juanmatron @ May 26 2011, 03:09 PM)
They ported UE 2. Get your facts straight. And that wasn't Epic, it was Ubisoft.

And what I'm saying? I'm saying that Ubi Soft ported Unreal Engine 3 to the console, they already did some things like that, like the port of Unreal Engine 2.x.

But this doesn't mean that the Wii can't handle UE3 when Wii is more powerful than a iPhone. Heck, even Crytek get the Cry Engine 3 working on the Wii.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Juanmatron said:
And what I'm saying? I'm saying that Ubi Soft ported Unreal Engine 3 to the console
No. They didn't.

QUOTE(Juanmatron @ May 26 2011, 09:29 PM) But this doesn't mean that the Wii can't handle UE3 when Wii is more powerful than a iPhone. Heck, even Crytek get the Cry Engine 3 working on the Wii.
I never talked about the Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-