Gaming Sonic Confirmed for SSBB

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
14:30: Monster Hunter 3 will be released for the Wii!

14:24: Smash Bros. has been delayed in Japan until January 24, 2008.

Nintendo shows a new trailer. Sonic is going to be a playable character! The trailer shows him transforming into Super Sonic.

14:22: Mario Kart Wii will include a steering wheel controller. The game will also include motorcycles! A release is set for Spring 2008.

14:10: Nintendo will put more emphasis on the Wii Vote channel in the future. You'll be able to put rankings for games that you've played and search for games that fit your liking.

Nintendo will also begin a service similar to the DS Station retail service. You'll be able to download demos from your home.

14:06: Nintendo has announced Pokemon Bokujou, which translates to the English Pokemon Farm. With this Wii title, you can transfer your Pokemon from Pearl and Diamond to the Wii, then raise them in a farm-like environment.

13:56: For each household, the DS has 3.0 users, the Wii has 3.5 users. DS has a 53% female user base. Wii has a 51% female user base.

holy moly! monster hunter 3 for the Wii!!!
blink.gif
AWESOME, JUST AWESOME! it better be released in english though, monster hunter 2 was never released in the usa or europe
frown.gif
that is cool that mario kart will have motorcycles, that's completely new to the series, a lot of people have wanted ds download stations from the wii to DS so this is good news it's been confirmed, i wonder what that pokemon farm thing is as all about? and that's good that females have a 53% userbase, at least females are getting recognised to playing computer games, unless they are talking about casual female gamers (ie mums and your little sister lol)

oh and it sucks that smash bros has been delayed though
frown.gif
super sonic is uber cool, i'm soo using sonic in smash bros! and and will the co op mode have online play then? i thought it was just going to be offline 2 player (which would be useless for me tbh)

and at first i really did think this was a joke/speculation topic.

Don Andy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
finally sonic gets to be in a good game, been so long since sonic CD
QFT

That really surprised me, though, I didn't expect Sonic to be in any game with Mario other than that Olympics game. With Nintendo being Nintendo, I thought the only competition Mario and Sonic would have in a game would be friendly
tongue.gif

Kurumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Hiratai

I'm like *tick* *tick*
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Also announced is Co-Op online play for SSBB. Damn!

PLEASE, JUST ANNOUNCE Voice chat too and I'll be so damn happy for the next fuckin month.

If you need Co-op on SSBB - you need help.

How about wanting Co-op for....you know.... fun ?

Otherwise, following your mindset, let's get rid of teams while we're at it, real mans don't need friends!
How owuld it be any fun when your fighting a Jigglypuff? "Oh guys I just kicked it! LULZAX10!1!!!!11!!!1!!"

Different types of games need Co-Op, not a game like SSBB

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

PLEASE, JUST ANNOUNCE Voice chat too and I'll be so damn happy for the next fuckin month.

Otherwise, following your mindset, let's get rid of teams while we're at it, real mans don't need friends!
How owuld it be any fun when your fighting a Jigglypuff? "Oh guys I just kicked it! LULZAX10!1!!!!11!!!1!!"

I don't understand your reasoning one bit - you do realise there is an story/adventure type mode now right?

Kurumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I don't understand your reasoning one bit - you do realise there is an story/adventure type mode now right?

Neither do i... The only "Reasoning" i see in there is "Oh noes! I might have to.... TALK to people? I may even make friends? *insert schoolgirl shriek here*"

Co-op means you make friend over the net, you play with and against them, voice makes that easier.

You can dislike it, that's perfectly understandable. However, to call it unneeded or dumb, that's just pointless. I don't know for others, but i play Smash with my friends only, never alone, so a Co-op is more then freaking awesome.

And voice just makes it so i can share that passion with people over the net.

I know your parents probably told you everyone over the net is a pedophile....but damn, slack on thems pills.

xbandaidx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok fucknut, let me tell you something.

Right now i'm in college hundreds of miles away from all my friends, the fact that I can play this game with them in either Co-op or against them is a big deal for me. Go stick a fucking dildo up your ass.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm excited about the Demo Channel.
Being able to link the DS to the Wii and check out upcoming games.

Like someone said, I really do wish they would have announced voice chat for the Wii Wi-Fi...

Kurumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok fucknut, let me tell you something.

Right now i'm in college hundreds of miles away from all my friends, the fact that I can play this game with them in either Co-op or against them is a big deal for me. Go stick a fucking dildo up your ass.

Amen to that
biggrin.gif

Did anyone else enjoy Sonic beating the snot out of all the other Nintendo characters? I sure did :DDDDDDDDDDDD

Does being amazed by the sheer awesomeness displayed by Sonic counts ? (and also the fact Nintendo or whoever made that video purposefully made him kick and trash Mario around)

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country

Neither do i... The only "Reasoning" i see in there is "Oh noes! I might have to.... TALK to people? I may even make friends? *insert schoolgirl shriek here*"

Co-op means you make friend over the net, you play with and against them, voice makes that easier.

You can dislike it, that's perfectly understandable. However, to call it unneeded or dumb, that's just pointless. I don't know for others, but i play Smash with my friends only, never alone, so a Co-op is more then freaking awesome.

I know your parents probably told you everyone over the net is a pedophile....but damn, slack on thems pills.

no co-op doesn't mean you play against a friend. co-op stands for cooperative. which means u work together with someone.

Kurumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

no co-op doesn't mean you play against a friend. co-op stands for cooperative. which means u work together with someone.

I did say that Co-op was to play with someone... Of course, if you'd have bothered reading completely and not just two words of it, you'd have noticed i didn't limit my opinion to Co-op, but to netplay in general, seeing as it'll most likely have online play.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

WK416

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo is dominating! I'm very happy with their game announcements.

My favorite new Wii feature so far would be the DS download station (finally!). I currently have no way of trying DS games before buying (emulation is shoddy, no flash carts, renting is a no-no for me), so this will be very handy in the future.
yaynds.gif

Too bad there's still no way for me to get the special download for Ouendan 2 though.

What? Everyone else was doing it...

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The most important part of this conference is simply the fact that Fire Emblem Ds has been announced. I have been waiting for a portable Fire Emblem for pretty much forever so now I can finally experience it. Funny how Goddess of Dawn hasn't even been released for the Wii yet.

But the Wiiware seems quite exciting...hopefully I can get some of my development skills and make a few bucks while grandmas buy my dart throwing game
happy.gif

Awesome conference.

Oh Btw, I am typing this with a Usb Keyboard on my Wii. It kicks ass!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1