ROM Hack someone know how to use SaltySD with pokemon SU/MO?

Iyokuu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you're not supposed to patch the code.bin that's inside of your luma folder. You are supposed to patch the update's code.bin. You have to extract the update.

1. Downlpad Asia81's HackingToolkit3DS, extract it, then run SetupUS.exe and let it install.
2. Put the CIA for the update in the same folder as HackingToolkit3DS.exe
3. Open HackingToolkit3DS.exe and type ME to extract the contents of the CIA. It will ask you if you want to decompress the code.bin. Type 1 to decompress it.
4. You will see a folder called <name of CIA>.cia_Unpacked. Open that folder, open the ExtractedExeFS folder, and you'll find the code.bin. Keep that code.bin where it is, but make a copy of it onto your Desktop or something for now.
5. Download LunarIPS and extract it.
6. Download and extract the IPS patches I uploaded here (I didn't get the chance to upload the no outlines patch so you're stuck with outlines for now) to your LunarIPS folder.
8. Move your copy of code.bin to your LunarIPS folder.
9. Open LunarIPS and click Apply a Patch. Follow the open dialog boxes to patch your code.bin with the IPS patch that matches your game.
10. Move that code.bin file to your luma/code_sections folder and rename it to match the title ID of the game. Do NOT use the title ID of the update.
11. Try opening the game.

I've tried this again and again, but it just doesn't seem to be working for me. Maybe I'm missing something, but I've followed each of these steps and the QR injector or the no lines patch still do not work.

Toucan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I have a link to 5.6 or 5.7? I cant find a link on google anywhere surprisingly. I type in ME then type 1

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried this again and again, but it just doesn't seem to be working for me. Maybe I'm missing something, but I've followed each of these steps and the QR injector or the no lines patch still do not work.
I don't know what to tell you because I've gotten it to work using that exact method. Do you have custom firmware? You need to have custom firmware in order to take advantage of that.

Can I have a link to 5.6 or 5.7? I cant find a link on google anywhere surprisingly. I type in ME then type 1
Find where you downloaded 5.7. 5.5 and 5.7 are below that.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Iyokuu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Got it. The TitleID was missing a 0. Some websites don't have the correct title ID number it seems.

Yes, I have CFW. I extract the update data, decompress it into a .bin. I take that to LunarIPS, extract the update .ips files into the same folder. I apply the patch with the steps of choosing the 'nolines patch' that was posted beneath your original one, then I choose the .bin file to be patched. Change the name to the ID title, place it in lumas specific code folder and then try to run. The game itself runs, but it shows no patching. I just feel that it is the game itself running with the update.

Last edited by Iyokuu,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys can try with an alternate program too using CTRTool instead of Asia PackHack. They are both great tools but I've seen when one doesn't work the other may.
1. Take your Sun/Moon update.CIA and place it in SD/D9Game.
2. Load Decrypt9 on boot.
3. Navigate to Content Decryptor Options>CIA File Options>CIA Decryptor (Deep)
4. Take the decrypted files from SD/D9Game and rename them something simple like MoonU.CIA.
5. Now you can either use Asia PackHack to extract the .CIA by typing CIAE after placing the CIA in the same directory, followed by the name of the file without extension "MoonU"
5.5 Alternatively, you can use CTRTool to extract the Code.bin directly by putting CTRTool and the CIA in the same directory and running these CMD commands:

"ctrtool --contents=pkmn (Name).cia" I.E ctrtool --contents=pkmn MoonU.cia

"ctrtool -t cxi --exefsdir=pkmnexefs --decompresscode pkmn.0000.00000000*" (The last digit may be a 1/2, double check)

This will create a folder in the same directory called "pkmnexefs" where you can find your decompressed code.bin. Then you can just carry on with the SaltySD patches as described in other comments. :D

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put in that command its saying there is no output file. I put my cia in the same directory
Is it in the directory that's being loaded by the CMD? By default the CMD loads C:\Users\(Name) on windows. SO you would have to put CTRTool and the CIA in that directory. Alternatively, you can change the path of CMD if you're more comfortable with that. the command "cd" will let you go up a level, cd directoryname to go down a level, or you can jump right to a specific one by typing it in like "cd C:\Desktop\SuMo".

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it in the directory that's being loaded by the CMD? By default the CMD loads C:\Users\(Name) on windows. SO you would have to put CTRTool and the CIA in that directory. Alternatively, you can change the path of CMD if you're more comfortable with that. the command "cd" will let you go up a level, cd directoryname to go down a level, or you can jump right to a specific one by typing it in like "cd C:\Desktop\SuMo".
Or they could go to the folder where the CIA and ctrtool are, hold down shift and right click, then select Open command window here or whatever that option is called.

Reactions: Majickhat55

Toucan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, I opened the CMD from the directory by holding shift and right click but it said there was no output or something like that. I'm going to get this to work lol, I feel like im doing something dumb. I really want to understand this kind of stuff.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, I opened the CMD from the directory by holding shift and right click but it said there was no output or something like that. I'm going to get this to work lol, I feel like im doing something dumb. I really want to understand this kind of stuff.
Rename your CIA to "pkmn.cia" then copy and paste these exact commands one at a time: (Pokemon Moon will have a (1) instead of a (0) at the very end of the second line)

ctrtool --contents=pkmn pkmn.cia
ctrtool -t cxi --exefsdir=pkmnexefs --decompresscode pkmn.0000.00000000

If that doesn't work, then I don't know what's going on. Maybe your CIA itself is bad?

Toucan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol yeah. but im wondering why its not working. Im looking over everything right now. They are in the same directory and the command didnt work. And HackingToolKit3DS keeps giving me empty unpacked folders for some reason.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Rename your CIA to "pkmn.cia" then copy and paste these exact commands one at a time: (Pokemon Moon will have a (1) at the very end of the second line)

ctrtool --contents=pkmn pkmn.cia
ctrtool -t cxi --exefsdir=pkmnexefs --decompresscode pkmn.0000.00000000

If that doesn't work, then I don't know what's going on. Maybe your CIA itself is bad?
Okay Ill try it out now

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok awesome. This time it worked. I got a romfs.bin and a exefs.bin

Reactions: Majickhat55

Toucan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay i got it to work! I have no outlines but I dont have my music. So do I put another code.bin in the code_sections or?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: I hope it's not a week.