ROM Hack someone know how to use SaltySD with pokemon SU/MO?

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Compile code.bin.
Make a folder called saltysd and inside that make a folder called "SunMoon" From their just edit it like editing the romfs.

So say you want custom music make a folder called "data" in "SunMoon" and inside that make a folder called "sound" from their download your sound file and rename it to one of the music tracks. (So if you want to replace the wild battle theme rename your download to "bgm_nj_vs_norapoke.dspadpcm.bcstm")

If you want a custom intro movie then make a folder called "m" in "SunMoon" and rename your .moflex file to title_[language].moflex and put in "m"

Run with luma or hans or whatever

Last edited by xtheman,
Reactions: Angelcraft

Angelcraft

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Compile code.bin.
Make a folder called saltysd and inside that make a folder called "SunMoon" From their just edit it like editing the romfs.

So say you want custom music make a folder called "data" in "SunMoon" and inside that make a folder called "sound" from their download your sound file and rename it to one of the music tracks. (So if you want to replace the wild battle theme rename your download to "bgm_nj_vs_norapoke.dspadpcm")

If you want a custom intro movie then make a folder called "m" in "SunMoon" and rename your .moflex file to title_[language].moflex and put in "m"

Run with luma or hans or whatever
How to do a .dspadpcm file??

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From a game dump? It has to be decompressed too?
From a dump of your game yes. My code.bin was decompressed.
How to do a .dspadpcm file??
I'm about that I meant to add .bcstm part. The proper file name should be "bgm_nj_vs_norapoke.dspadpcm.bcstm" You can find music in this format at http://smashcustommusic.com/
Is there a precompiled code.bin for the people that don't know how to properly compile it?
No as code.bin is a copyrighted and therefor illegal to share. Compiling it isn't that hard.
Get code.bin from a extracted rom.
Download armips
Download the source code of saltySD
Open the "SunMoon" folder.
Put armips in that folder.
Put the code.bin in the folder.
Open the command line in the directory you put it in.
Type "make" and hit enter.
Your done. A file called code_saltysd.bin should be made.

Angelcraft

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So in your luma folder make a folder called "code_sections"
Rename you code.bin to 0004000000164800.bin for sun or 0004000000175E00.bin for moon
Put the .bin in code_sections.
Boot the game and it should work.
But i only changed the music how to put custom music

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But i only changed the music how to put custom music
Open your extracted romfs locate the folder the music is in (/data/sound/) and rename the .bcstm file to whatever music you want to replace.

Make a folder on the root of your sd card called "saltySD" and inside that make a folder called "SunMoon" inside that edit it like the romfs. (So for custom music make a folder "data" then inside that folder "sound" and drag the .bcstm in it.

Launch Sun/Moon and whatever you changed should be their

Angelcraft

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Open your extracted romfs locate the folder the music is in (/data/sound/) and rename the .bcstm file to whatever music you want to replace.

Make a folder on the root of your sd card called "saltySD" and inside that make a folder called "SunMoon" inside that edit it like the romfs. (So for custom music make a folder "data" then inside that folder "sound" and drag the .bcstm in it.

Launch Sun/Moon and whatever you changed should be their
But i must put every sound there or only the one i changed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: