Hacking Homebrew how to link pnid to 3ds/how to use juxtaposition?

pilotspider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[3ds xl] im trying to replace rverse with juxtaposition but i cant seem to find any clear answers on how to do this. do i have to remove rverse?
if i do, i would strongly prefer not to remove everything in the luma/titles folder as i have some other game patches that were pretty tricky to install

when i try to use nimbus (after clicking either option after opening), the screen goes black and returns me to the home screen. i need to link my pnid to my 3ds but i cant figure out how (i already made one on the pretendo website)

pilotspider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe try asking chatgpt, I have used it before in hacking stuff and it can be useful, just make sure it is not making things up before you do what it told you
it pretty much just said "maybe do this, or maybe do that, i have no idea, look at the instructions or something"
unfortunately for this specific issue, i dont think it knows what it's talking about
was worth a shot though

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well just ask it about which would be the best option or give more context, if you have access to gpt 4 use that because it can access the internet
Post automatically merged:

also if you know anything about hacking the mario or zelda game and watch, some help on the thread I started would appreciated (this is my first time on forums posting stuff)

pilotspider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well just ask it about which would be the best option or give more context, if you have access to gpt 4 use that because it can access the internet
Post automatically merged:

also if you know anything about hacking the mario or zelda game and watch, some help on the thread I started would appreciated (this is my first time on forums posting stuff)
sorry i dont know anything about hacking the game and watch, i wish you luck though

silver_volt4

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Nimbus closing after tapping one of the buttons is intended behaviour. To log in to your PNID, you must go to system settings and Nintendo Network settings (After you chose Pretendo Network in Nimbus)
Also, you don't have to remove all game patches to remove rverse, just remove the ones that affect Miiverse. If you look at the latest release of rverse, the .zip file contains these folders:
  • 000400300000BC02
  • 000400300000BD02
  • 000400300000BE02
So remove these three from /luma/titles (use FBI or GM9, either should work) and you should be fine.

Reactions: anotherthing

pilotspider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nimbus closing after tapping one of the buttons is intended behaviour. To log in to your PNID, you must go to system settings and Nintendo Network settings (After you chose Pretendo Network in Nimbus)
Also, you don't have to remove all game patches to remove rverse, just remove the ones that affect Miiverse. If you look at the latest release of rverse, the .zip file contains these folders:
  • 000400300000BC02
  • 000400300000BD02
  • 000400300000BE02
So remove these three from /luma/titles (use FBI or GM9, either should work) and you should be fine.
thank you, very helpful information

kuro0628neko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish their own damn website made it this obvious. I already have an account because I am subscribed to help with server costs. I never understood how to actually use my Pretendo ID until reading your post. Sounds simple, but it would be nice if the Pretendo Network organizers would have elaborated upon this last step.

Reactions: pilotspider

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I had Rverse installed before swapping to Pretendo, and I think that it just overwrites the patches for Rverse with their own.

However, be absolutely sure that you won't need to use Rverse again because I still have no idea how to uninstall Pretendo without it fucking the entire console up.

Reactions: pilotspider

silver_volt4

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I wish their own damn website made it this obvious. I already have an account because I am subscribed to help with server costs. I never understood how to actually use my Pretendo ID until reading your post. Sounds simple, but it would be nice if the Pretendo Network organizers would have elaborated upon this last step.
Pretendo is a Nintendo Network replacement. In my opinion this "last step" you mention is obvious.
Pretendo is free and open source and the developers can't focus at ten things at once each. You can always submit a merge request adding this detail to the documentation 😊

kuro0628neko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretendo is a Nintendo Network replacement. In my opinion this "last step" you mention is obvious.
Pretendo is free and open source and the developers can't focus at ten things at once each. You can always submit a merge request adding this detail to the documentation 😊
Wow your passive-aggression was so heckin' valid!

• Love
Reactions: silver_volt4

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People come here seeking advice from other people. Often their issues require specific information that AI isn't designed to provide. Please do not refer other people to use chatbots, especially if you don't know the solution yourself. If you can't provide specific advice, it's best to wait for more experienced people to help. Forwarding people's problems to a chatbot in a forum is literally in direct contradiction to the fundamental purpose of this forum.
Same thing here. When you post a thread a lot of people see it, and anyone that can help will answer your thread. Asking people on other threads to help you with the thread you started is both rude and usually futile.

If you've never been on a forum before, I'd encourage you to read the site rules before jumping in. The biggest takeaways here are
1. Please don't refer people to chatbots if you don't know the answer.
2. If you don't know any information on the subject at hand, it's best to usually wait for more experienced users to respond (or give advice but preface that advice by saying that you aren't an expert on the subject).
3. Don't ask users to help you with a completely unrelated issue than the topic at hand (Just like you wouldn't ask for help with a PS2 in the Nintendo Switch section, etc). Depending on the circumstances that could actually be seen as spam.
And of course, remain polite and cordial. That's the best way to get the help you need quickly and effectively. Good luck with your Game and Watch problem!

Dragonlord794

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • 000400300000BC02
  • 000400300000BD02
  • 000400300000BE02
I cant sign into my pnid after deleting my nnid and switching to pretendo servers using ninbus please help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ NIntendo pretty much has to release a new console by next year in order to keep making moneys imo
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ninty can still make money filing false DMCAs.
    +1
    they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid prime 4 to the next console because by now it has been quite a while and there's no release date scheduled yet
    lol there's a guy selling mig switch in usa on ebay for $200/ea he's definitely going to get nailed with dmca by tomorrow
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Wasn't Metroid Prime 4 teased all the way back in 2017? For the switch no less?
    :rofl2:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Pretty sure anyone buying the switch just for that got duped
    for $200? rofl.
    well as far as metroid prime 4 is concerned, the next system probably is similar enough to the current gen they can probably easily just slap it onto a next gen cart and call it good :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The switch was about 350 in 2017
  • Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0:
    mabe where you live
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima took the stage at the outset to reveal that Switch will launch globally on March 3, 2017 for $299.99—earlier than some had expected at the price many suspected. https://time.com/4632820/nintendo-switch-nx/
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The NES launched at like 250 and the rob and light gun kit was like 350 or something
    I was near the test market for the NES and man did it make my 2600 look like ass lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    There has to be some mutual agreement with them all anything over $600 is just pc territory
    next system rumored to launch at $400
    but I don't really believe any rumors yet
    need to have official info from N
    The 3DO and Neo Geo where like 700 bucks hmm the PS3 was stupid expensive at launch lol
    But at least the PS3 was only 500 for the cheapest one at launch
    My opinion is that 199.99 is the sweet spot but that spot is long gone lol
    Just played some Micheal Jackson Moonwalker.... Those poor parents trying desperately to protect their children
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    400 is a decent sweet spot if we get enough out of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not like how it was when we were locked down to a few options and that's it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's not like how it was when we were locked down to a few options and that's it